Moparts

Got my carb back from Thumper

Posted By: DblOJoe

Got my carb back from Thumper - 10/21/16 03:56 PM

Bolted it on and finally it sounds great! Big Thanks to Thumper. Weather looks great this weekend so I should have some track results soon.

Here's the history on this carb.
I bought a brand new Holley 950hp over a year ago and it's been troubled from the start.

When I first bolted it on it didn't want to idle and had a bad off idle flat spot. I sent the carb off to CFM to get it fixed and they found a couple issues and fixed it. It idled good and the flat spot was gone but it still was stumbling driving around the pits and it was tough to footbrake at a steady rpm.

I called Thumper and sent it off to him and wow what a difference! Comes up on the converter great and throttle response is awesome! Hopefully a new best is coming soon.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Got my carb back from Thumper - 10/21/16 05:12 PM

up
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Got my carb back from Thumper - 10/21/16 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By Dbl"00"Joe
Bolted it on and finally it sounds great! Big Thanks to Thumper. Weather looks great this weekend so I should have some track results soon.

Here's the history on this carb.
I bought a brand new Holley 950hp over a year ago and it's been troubled from the start.

When I first bolted it on it didn't want to idle and had a bad off idle flat spot. I sent the carb off to CFM to get it fixed and they found a couple issues and fixed it. It idled good and the flat spot was gone but it still was stumbling driving around the pits and it was tough to footbrake at a steady rpm.

I called Thumper and sent it off to him and wow what a difference! Comes up on the converter great and throttle response is awesome! Hopefully a new best is coming soon.

Cool man can't wait for a new best and long oil n plug life............. thumbs
© 2024 Moparts Forums