Moparts

Dual cooling fans for e body

Posted By: ccdave

Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/18/16 04:24 AM

Let's hear about and see your dual electric fan set up on your E body!!!!

Thanks
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/18/16 12:02 PM

Standard Summit dual fans with a Be cool rad....

Posted By: ccdave

Re: Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/19/16 05:42 AM

Looks good👍
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/19/16 09:51 AM

ccdave I have dual Ford fans in my 71 Barracuda, great but now the charging system needs an upgrade, they suck some power.
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/19/16 09:52 AM

Posted By: dvw

Re: Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/19/16 02:01 PM

The late model Challenger stuff is easy to adapt.
Doug
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/19/16 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By ozymaxwedge
ccdave I have dual Ford fans in my 71 Barracuda, great but now the charging system needs an upgrade, they suck some power.

Not only do they suck power but they will burn the factory wiring running through the bulkhead into the fuse box regardless of how the fans are wired. All the charging current still runs through that wiring. The bulkhead connections are the most susceptible to fail.
AG.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/19/16 07:26 PM

I was running the dual Spal fans with a Spal controller. The are some serious fans that need dedicated electrical circuits with dual relays.

I never had an issue with cooling even on the hottest days with A/C on, but am switching back to the new Hayden stubby clutch, metal fan and stock shroud. If you have room, its hard to beat.

They are still on the car, but are going up for sale very soon.

Attached picture 3Xblack Attack.png
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Dual cooling fans for e body - 10/21/16 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By jbc426
I was running the dual Spal fans with a Spal controller. The are some serious fans that need dedicated electrical circuits with dual relays.

I never had an issue with cooling even on the hottest days with A/C on, but am switching back to the new Hayden stubby clutch, metal fan and stock shroud. If you have room, its hard to beat.

They are still on the car, but are going up for sale very soon.

That's what I've learned also, it makes life much easier to just run a mechanical fan setup, although I know it can slow the car down almost 2 tenths in the quarter. I ran the HHR fan on my race cars with a Meziere electric water pump but now that I just street drive mostly I run a cheap plastic flex fan and a really good custom shroud and it never ever runs hot, and no charging problems.
The electric setups are great for cooling between rounds, can't do that with a mechanical setup. I'd like to try a 55gpm remote-mounted electric water pump and HHR fan someday, along with a good alternator of course.
© 2024 Moparts Forums