Moparts

GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today

Posted By: SpareParts

GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 05:39 AM

We've disliked each other for years, we've argued a few times and finally... a heads up $1600 grudge race. My little mopar on 26" radials vs his camaro on 28x10.5s
Enjoy! (Special shout out to Brad Bowers And Jason Hanson for all the help and support)

https://youtu.be/5AjImfdsEq8
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 05:59 AM

LOL! Man that thing was gone quick! NICE!!!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 06:07 AM

That is great.
What a great way to settle the dust and rust of an old rung out argument. Nothing like the silence of a hecklers defeat.
Congrats.
Posted By: CSK

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 06:13 AM

very cool !!!!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 06:58 AM

You Gapped him!! Awesome deal
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 07:47 AM

"Put an LS in it..."
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 08:06 AM

You put some distance in a hurry on the Camaro. What's your set up (if it's not secret squirrel stuff)?
Posted By: racerx

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 11:19 AM

Nice kill cool what's the set on the Chevy is he spraying?
Posted By: ProSport

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 11:31 AM

Nice run!

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 12:08 PM

Thanks guys. We're happy! It could have been a much bigger gap but I have a feeling he'll be back so I didn't take the stripe under power smile he can pay his tuition again next year.
I won't get too detailed but it's an indy 360-1 head motor with 1 kit.
I don't know facts about the camaro but I have been told it's a 408" deal and I know it has an Induction Solutions kit and weight pulled out. I'm all steel stock interior still.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 12:56 PM

Nice win. Congrats.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 02:20 PM

Good deal. beer

Did the excuses fly? Just about every gm guy I've beat always has an excuse or three.
Posted By: KOS

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 02:37 PM

nice congrats!!
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 03:40 PM

Congrats! thumbs
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 04:46 PM

Congrats Dylan, I was stoked when I got that text. Still need to figure a few more things out with your car, it will be a animal.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 04:48 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 04:55 PM

Great job on laying down the gap sauce. Byron?

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 04:57 PM

You really wanna show him showmanship? Give him back the money and perhaps you guys will be the best of friends anyhow. But seriously, don't give him back the money. LOL.

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 05:00 PM

Upstairs Amen corner.
You both seemed to have a healthy dose of laughing gas as well. Which dentist did you both stick up. LOL. though I suspect his turned to Vinegar and tears.

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt
Congrats Dylan, I was stoked when I got that text. Still need to figure a few more things out with your car, it will be a animal.

Absolutely! Once it doesn't 60ft like a truck we'll be on to something. The track would have taken more but off the trailer so I left it soft to go A to B for the money.

It was byron, good eye! I never race there lol its only 15 minutes from his house so I used that to get lane choice. As far as what we're spraying... him- I have no clue, me- we still have bigger jets wink
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 05:55 PM

Nice work buddy!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 07:47 PM

Great job!

I knew it was Byron by the steam column from the power plant. wave
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 07:51 PM

Great job Mopar for the win
Posted By: theraif

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/17/16 09:14 PM

laugh secret squirrel
Posted By: mshred

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/18/16 06:10 PM

Nice job bud, looks like its moving out and once the 60' is down it will be junior material! Haven't been on here in ages but nice to see you're still at it! Jealous, need to get my turd back out next season!
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/18/16 07:26 PM

For those questioning what can be done on these "tiny" tires........This past weekend at Holly Springs, Shawn Pevlor went a 1.11 60ft and 3.04 to 330ft with a 4.65 @ 151 time slip, on 235 drag radials. Small block Ford with a single plate kit.

So the object lesson here? Don't let the small tire influence your bet..........LOL!!!!
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/18/16 08:43 PM

Wow that is crazy! From what I've read, it's about power management, but a 1.11 60' is still a ton of power off the line!

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/19/16 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
For those questioning what can be done on these "tiny" tires........This past weekend at Holly Springs, Shawn Pevlor went a 1.11 60ft and 3.04 to 330ft with a 4.65 @ 151 time slip, on 235 drag radials. Small block Ford with a single plate kit.

So the object lesson here? Don't let the small tire influence your bet..........LOL!!!!

Lol I know what they can do... he didn't but that's between him and his wallet.
Was pevlor on the plate when he went .65 in Chicago? ?

Monte if you saw my 60ft you'd laugh.. that ramp was beyond slow!

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/19/16 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By mshred
Nice job bud, looks like its moving out and once the 60' is down it will be junior material! Haven't been on here in ages but nice to see you're still at it! Jealous, need to get my turd back out next season!

About time! Was thinking of emailing you. We were in Jr, ran a car built and tuned by an NMCA champion and they had to hurt it to drive around me the last 100'
VERY happy with this combo! Email coming your way! Good to see you back brother

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/19/16 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

Lol I know what they can do... he didn't but that's between him and his wallet.
Was pevlor on the plate when he went .65 in Chicago? ?

Monte if you saw my 60ft you'd laugh.. that ramp was beyond slow!

He was on the plate when he went a .57 in Georgia. He is running a NPF crossbar last time we talked.

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/19/16 01:41 PM

He ran mx235 at NMCA joliet and went #1 with a 4.65, not sure what the nitrous kit was then tho.

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/19/16 03:55 PM

Should be a Kevin Neal tuned npf plate.
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/19/16 05:35 PM

Congrats again Dylan. Toaster went 4.6x on a 8.5 couple years ago on a 235. real small tire racing!

Ray
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/19/16 06:08 PM

Had a Nitrous Express single entry plate this past weekend at Holly Springs where he went a .65 on the small tires. He was parked right beside us. No Kevin Neal decals anywhere on the car that I saw
Posted By: mshred

Re: GRUDGE RACE SBM vs LSX camaro today - 10/19/16 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
Originally Posted By mshred

About time! Was thinking of emailing you. We were in Jr, ran a car built and tuned by an NMCA champion and they had to hurt it to drive around me the last 100'
VERY happy with this combo! Email coming your way! Good to see you back brother

Awesome man! You are making great progress with it!

Good to be back! I had no time for the web forums with the house, and then with no money, well hanging out on car forums still and an empty wallet is just a BAD idea for me LOL
© 2024 Moparts Forums