Moparts

oval merge collector

Posted By: poboyengineering

oval merge collector - 10/15/16 02:29 PM

we were unloading my friends car yesterday, and his merge collectors are catching at the end of his beavertail. One idea is to remove the collectors and put them in a vise, making them oval to gain clearance. The question is, how much will this hurt their performance?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: oval merge collector - 10/15/16 03:52 PM

Carry a 6x6 block of wood and jack up the trailer 3-4 inches. Simple fix
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: oval merge collector - 10/15/16 06:05 PM

we got a set of Rino ramps, and that just moved the problem from the lip (where the ramps clip on) to the break at the beavertail.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: oval merge collector - 10/15/16 06:12 PM

I used to crank the front of my trailer up higher. then I bought a set of 7' ramps. problem solved. I don't think oval collectors would hurt, as they would still have the same area.
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: oval merge collector - 10/15/16 06:30 PM

I just put a couple 2x10s on top of the ramps to raise up the car.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: oval merge collector - 10/15/16 07:09 PM

I've used two short pieces (2ft long)of 2x6 to lay on the trailer so the front tires go up when the exhaust is crossing the beavertail scope
I ended up nailing them to one of the trailers that had a wood floor, bolts work on metal floors work
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: oval merge collector - 10/15/16 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
I don't think oval collectors would hurt, as they would still have the same area.

Nope. Same perimiter but not same area. For any given perimeter a circle has a larger area than any other shape.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: oval merge collector - 10/15/16 09:00 PM

Ok, I thought I read an add a while back about oval tubing having same area as round.
© 2024 Moparts Forums