Moparts

Centerline wheels back ordered???

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/28/16 10:22 PM

Anyone know what's up w/ Centerline wheels being hard to get? Jegs and Summit keep backing up their shipping date...now it's the end of November.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/28/16 10:42 PM

One of the reasons I switched brand

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/28/16 10:46 PM

This sucks b/c I just need an extra pair to match the set on the car. I want to easily switch b/t slicks and radials.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/28/16 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Anyone know what's up w/ Centerline wheels being hard to get? Jegs and Summit keep backing up their shipping date...now it's the end of November.

Just a suggestion and I'm not sure what style you are looking for but post a picture of what you are looking for on Yellowbullet and ask if any dealers have a set on stock. I'll be surprised if someone doesn't come through with a set AND a good price. Post as much info as possible in your first post. Width, bolt pattern, back-spacing, style, and options so you don't have to keep posting details.
Posted By: tex013

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/28/16 11:32 PM

because they don't seem to care to sell . I waited 3 months to be delivered the incorrect rims , custom backspace . Then told it would be the same time again . I bought Billet Specialties , should have done this to start with .

Tex
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 12:19 AM

Look at their website..... last I glanced to check on some race wheels I didn't even see any listed. Market now is ### ### lifted trucks and Jeeps.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 01:52 AM

Waiting for some new offshore plant to become operational??
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 02:04 AM

Kind of ironic. The very first set of rims I ordered for my car "New" was Centerlines. The rears were back ordered back in the 80's.
Posted By: killermopar

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 02:32 AM

I had that problem 10 years ago. 15x8 with 4.5 back space. Should be pretty standard.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 02:50 AM

A couple years ago I ordered 4 Centerline Revolution wheels, after waiting forever I cancelled the order and found 2 front Centerline Qualifier wheels at Summit Racing and 2 rear 15x8 Qualifiers at Jegs. It's very easy for them to tell you they'll be ready in a couple weeks but actually making it happen is another story.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 03:32 AM

LOL! even on their face book page there is a "post" about a guy who had to pay up front and got drug around the block a few times with excuses... never did get his truck wheels.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
Look at their website..... last I glanced to check on some race wheels I didn't even see any listed. Market now is ### ### lifted trucks and Jeeps.

I worked for Centerline years ago. Great Company.. up

Here.... Look at Competition Race and Street as well as Hot Rod and Drag wheels... ETC.

You can also check on overstock and specials by clicking on that and checking by bolt pattern. Lots of stuff there.

http://centerlinewheels.com/main_wheel.php

Chris.. wave

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 01:06 PM

http://centerlinealloywheels.com/

Interesting Chris.... This is what I came up with when I tried to see what was available a couple weeks ago. Looks like the same company. Just snuck the "alloy" into the url.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 02:28 PM

After seeing Jegs and Summit change the expected ship date a couple times on their website, I am very hesitant to order anything.
Once I get the money in hand for them, I'll put a post on YB and see if I can find anything.

I didn't see anything on their website about overstock?

Thanks yall.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 09/29/16 03:19 PM

After seeing Jegs and Summit change the expected ship date a couple times on their website, I am very hesitant to order anything.
Once I get the money in hand for them, I'll put a post on YB and see if I can find anything.

I didn't see anything on their website about overstock?

Thanks yall.

Dealing with Summit for over 40 years and during the last few years they have changed some business practices and I don't blame them. They now are more of a broker on some items and will NEVER stock them. you place the order and summit will give you a ballpark delivery time. USUALLY that delivery time is much sooner so if its an item I need in the near future I will call the vendor to see if its in stock. Summit gets less bad feedback if it is delivered sooner rather than later. An example of these is I ordered header flanges to make a set of headers for my small block over the Winter. Summit said they would be delivered the 7th of October but last night I received an email stating they will be delivered TODAY. If in need call the vendor and then order from Summit. (unless someone on Yellowbullet can fix you up sooner) Good luck

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/05/17 04:14 PM

An update to this old thread...Centerline is out of business. As far as their conventional wheels they've had for years anyway. The Convo Pros, Warriors, etc...not making them anymore. Looks like they may have restructured and geared more towards the newer big wheels, I dunno. But the old drag car type stuff is no more.

I was looking for a pair last week and can't remember if it was Jegs or Summit, but they actually had it on their website when you brought up Centerline's offerings...on the top of the page it said they were out of business.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/05/17 04:48 PM

Chip, what size rim, and BS do you need?

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/05/17 04:53 PM

15x8 with 4.5" BS or 15x8.5 with 5" BS
4.5" bolt pattern.
Have to be Centerline Warriors...need a pair. I found ONE at Summit.

At this point I'm thinking of selling my current set and going to a different style, but man rims have gotten expensive!!! It's been a long time since I bought any. I think I've had these on the car for about 15 years, lol.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/05/17 05:24 PM

Yep, crappy situation....several options gone.

But I guess if the market was more active and buying tons and tons of the old drag style stuff, then they'd be more available?
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/05/17 05:42 PM

Well this makes a used set worth a little more but I was looking at some Conco pro's for a street tire to swap like others wanted.Mine were 15x 5 on 5bs with 4.5 bolt circle.Bummer!

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/05/17 05:58 PM

I have Centerline Qualifiers on my Duster and love them.
Check out Champion wheels chip, nice wheels and fairly affordable.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/05/17 06:02 PM

Lots of higher horsepower cars breaking wheels at the track lately so do your research

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/05/17 06:53 PM

I may just buy a cheap pair of Draglites for my slicks.
The Champions are nice, but $500 a wheel is a good bit more than I'm wanting to spend. Beadlocks are nice, but I don't really need them. If I NEEDED beadlocks, then the Champions would be the way to go.

I'm not even all that crazy about the looks of the Centerline Warriors anymore (maybe just b/c I've had them for so long), but they're what I have already. drive

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/06/17 02:37 AM

Chip, your Cuda deserves a badazz set of wheels, now open up that wallet buddy grin
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/06/17 05:43 AM

I just changed my wheels and....if you looking for auto drags , I have 6 of them. 4 15x9 and two 15 X 6

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/19/17 01:31 PM

Any luck finding used wheels Chip?
I can't find any 15x8 aluminum wheels with 4.5 backspacing in my area.
I'm about to just use a pair of steelies for my drag radials, but I think shank lug nuts are alot safer than acorn for a 10 second footbrake car.??

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/19/17 02:04 PM

Nope, I'm in a holding pattern for now, lol. Not sure if I want to sell the ones I have on my road runner and then get a whole new set for the cuda or just get some cheap rims for the slicks.

They might be fine, but I don't like the idea of acorn style lugnuts on a fast car.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/19/17 02:51 PM

Yea I see it done alot but I'll stick with the shank lugs. Might have to use my Centerline Qualifiers for the drag radials and some gloss black steelies for the street.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/19/17 08:47 PM

Quote:
They might be fine, but I don't like the idea of acorn style lugnuts on a fast car.

You mean like they use in NASCAR wink

(And maybe the new Dodge Demon)

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/19/17 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Quote:

You mean like they use in NASCAR wink

(And maybe the new Dodge Demon)

Come on Dwayne. devil You mean NASCAR where they have no torque and no hard launches. Not to mention those wheel studs they use are pretty daggum big aren't they? It might be an acorn style nut, but it looks like bigger than a 5/8" stud.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/19/17 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By ProSport
Yea I see it done alot but I'll stick with the shank lugs. Might have to use my Centerline Qualifiers for the drag radials and some gloss black steelies for the street.

I have a spare pair of Qualifiers . 15x8 4.5BS
I bought 4 a few years ago. Now got 15x10 billet specialities for the strip .
Shame your on wrong side of the world 😆

Tex
Posted By: farmboy

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/20/17 12:09 AM

I have a pair of 15 by 10 warriors. 4.5 bolt circle and back space. would probably sell.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/20/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By tex013
Originally Posted By ProSport

I have a spare pair of Qualifiers . 15x8 4.5BS
I bought 4 a few years ago. Now got 15x10 billet specialities for the strip .
Shame your on wrong side of the world 😆

Tex

Please let me know if you'll be in Ohio in the next couple weeks lol. grin

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/20/17 05:03 AM

Haha . I wish . About 20 years since i was last in the states .

Tex

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/20/17 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By farmboy
I have a pair of 15 by 10 warriors. 4.5 bolt circle and back space. would probably sell.

Those won't fit either one of my cars, but thanks anyway!

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/21/17 09:00 PM

Looks like Summit found another one in their warehouse to make a pair like I need. We'll see if they're right when they get to my house in a few days.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/21/17 10:37 PM

Good luck Chip
Posted By: LA360

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/22/17 03:36 AM

What exactly happened with Centerline Wheels? Does anyone know? I heard the owner took a whole bunch of orders and took the money and ran.

It would be a shame to see their wheels not continue to be made any more.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/22/17 04:04 AM

Looks like Summit found another one in their warehouse to make a pair like I need. We'll see if they're right when they get to my house in a few days.

Nice!

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/26/17 03:09 PM

Got the wheels and all is good! Had to do a little massaging to get em to clear the 5/8" studs, now just need to find the time to mount up my drag radials.

Re: Centerline wheels back ordered??? - 06/26/17 09:54 PM

up up
© 2024 Moparts Forums