Moparts

Keith Black Engines

Posted By: Keith Black®

Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 12:40 AM

Hi everyone, it's been a while since Ive been on here. I'm about to order a KB Street Hemi block from KB. Can't get through, so emailing Ken.
Any news on how things are tracking at KB? lead times etc?

Hope everyone is well in mopar land.
Darren
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 12:45 AM

Better do a search before you send a dime.

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 12:58 AM

thats why I thought I'd check. I searched in here couldn't find anything specific. thanks for replying.
Posted By: jughed

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 01:09 AM

Yes...do the research. The waiting period is the killer. Been a lot of understandable frustration from people still waiting for what they paid for way too long ago.
I want a KB low deck water block, but the risk of never seeing what i paid for is too great.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 01:12 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...reet-block.html

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 02:11 AM

thanks for the link. Think I'll look for another option.
Posted By: tex013

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 02:29 AM

you may have to suck it up and buy an Indy block , at least you seem to get them at a good time frame . although it seems better to buy through 1 of their dealers and have it fully checked out prior to shipping it out here

Tex
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By tex013
you may have to suck it up and buy an Indy block , at least you seem to get them at a good time frame . although it seems better to buy through 1 of their dealers and have it fully checked out prior to shipping it out here

Tex

I agree, what he said!
Posted By: LA360

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 06:17 AM

There are several dealers of Indy stuff on the board. Dwayne Porter (Fast68plymouth), the guys at Best Machine, to name a couple. If you have the coin, Noonan Race engineering are doing a water jacketed billet Hemi block. No idea what they're worth though, but I imagine very $$$
Posted By: tex013

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By LA360
There are several dealers of Indy stuff on the board. Dwayne Porter (Fast68plymouth), the guys at Best Machine, to name a couple. If you have the coin, Noonan Race engineering are doing a water jacketed billet Hemi block. No idea what they're worth though, but I imagine very $$$

oolala !
bet that will make your eyes water , but they do real good heads etc
And are local

Tex

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 09:11 AM

thanks guys I'll look into all of those. just had a chat with a friend Victor Bray who knows a bit about Hemi's he thinks IndyMAXX will be ok for the intended application. Will look into the Noonan block tho.
Cheers,
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/13/16 12:32 PM

BEST machine in Detroit are Indy dealers and they are exceptional with their pre and post engine block sales. They are excellent machinist that breath, eat and sleep mopar all day long and will deliver the goods when they say they will. Your BEST bet.

Dwayne Porter is also good and thorough with his work and products.
Posted By: laryatlas

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/16/16 12:24 PM

Ordered and waited 19 mos. Actually went to his shop in Southgate. Had numerous conversations with no ill words. Listened to all the same BS listed (blocks at caster, no sleeves, blocks not at caster, won't pass quality test) Did get down payment back luckily placed on credit card. Ordered Indy block. Ken is the nicest guy but I would never get involved with him in any way!!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Keith Black Engines - 09/16/16 12:56 PM

Well, the jury has deliberated.
© 2024 Moparts Forums