Moparts

R3 blocks

Posted By: southdart

R3 blocks - 08/10/16 06:59 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm new here..
Not sure if this is the right place post...
I'm looking for a R3 block P4532909, as well as W8's heads.

Excuse my innocense, probably a lot of people are looking for it but, sure someone/someplace has something to sell.

I'm in south america, so I'm really in needs for help from someone there in U.S, that could help me on thouse hard to find parts.

Already tried to contact Brett Miller with no success.

Anyone could give some ideias here?

Thank you All
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: R3 blocks - 08/10/16 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By southdart

Hi everyone!
I'm new here..
Not sure if this is the right place post...
I'm looking for a R3 block P4532909, as well as W8's heads.

Excuse my innocense, probably a lot of people are looking for it but, sure someone/someplace has something to sell.

I'm in south america, so I'm really in needs for help from someone there in U.S, that could help me on thouse hard to find parts.

Already tried to contact Brett Miller with no success.

Anyone could give some ideias here?

Thank you All

Give us more block specs. I have a Friend that has an old R block that was used for dirt track racing many years ago. It is at my machine shop getting checked out now and is FULL of good parts but its a short deck 48. It will be for sale soon.

Re: R3 blocks - 08/10/16 10:21 PM

I'm after tall deck ( 9,56"),siamese bore, 48 degrees lifters bank.
It's for built 420cid, no more than 4,180 bores ( ideally way less do get close 420cid using 4"crank).
Have already one with 4,185 & shorter crank.
Plan is for high nitrous shot,so think smaller bore adds strenght?

Thanks
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: R3 blocks - 08/10/16 10:30 PM

Sorry I couldn't help. It's a 48 degree or I would be very interested in it as the price is right on this Short block. To late in my life to switch direction on my small block builds
Posted By: rickraw

Re: R3 blocks - 08/10/16 10:37 PM

I have a brand new 9.200 r3.
Posted By: KOS

Re: R3 blocks - 08/10/16 10:43 PM

Kent Ritter lots of stuff very good prices.......do a search of his name you should find his contact info if not i have it somewhere PM me if needed.
Posted By: scottb

Re: R3 blocks - 08/10/16 11:36 PM

All kents stuff is short deck old truck motors they did not use a tall deck motor

Re: R3 blocks - 08/10/16 11:37 PM

When i talked to indy they had some tall deck R3 call them

Re: R3 blocks - 08/10/16 11:58 PM

last time i spoke with him he had a line on one or had a tall deck.....mind you that was a while ago but he can probably still hook u up with a set of W8s.....would it hurt to inquire??

Re: R3 blocks - 08/11/16 03:08 AM

I contact W5 66 dart Brett Miller if your looking for some W8 stuff there was a nice set of W9 on the parts for sale list last month

Re: R3 blocks - 08/11/16 04:31 AM

Thanks everyone trying to help.

I would not esitate to go with Ritter iron blocks, if I could see proven success with them.

Yes, as far as I've read, W8's are heavier castings, which I think would be a better bet for a big shot of nitrous. I have no ideia if the difference in thickness, is on the deck or just port volume capabilities.

Re: R3 blocks - 08/11/16 04:36 AM

trust me get ahold of Ritter you will not regret it !!!!! he had a smokin deal on a set of w8s ......has tons of stuff way better priced than any other sb guys ive dealt with.do your research and you will see.
Posted By: Jimi_Vignogna

Re: R3 blocks - 08/11/16 02:27 PM

i have a complete w8 r3 engine for sale 8.900' deck, 300 ci, carbs to pan and headers.

Re: R3 blocks - 08/11/16 02:49 PM

Why not look at the new victor small block head brett is doing a set right now and the numbers are very close to the W8 heads and being shipped finally
© 2024 Moparts Forums