Moparts

Ported Indy Intakes

Posted By: 408strokerdart

Ported Indy Intakes - 06/15/16 09:03 PM

Please share some internal pictures of your ported Indy intake manifolds. Will be using the single 4500 for 440-1 245CNC heads. Anything to do differently if running Alky?
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/15/16 09:45 PM

245cc...?????? is a small block head...

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/16/16 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
245cc...?????? is a small block head...
Big Block 440-1 heads.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/16/16 11:27 PM

ill try to find an old pic of one I did that worked well correcting distribution without removing length from the runner dividers. if you look straight down the throttle barrels trajectory, you'll see why they bias fuel towards the outer runners...So, I undercut the divider bottoms with about a 3/4" radius then radiused the inner walls to a near point on the outer runner edges...especially on top...never knife edge the leading edges. If no one posts one done 'correctly' here look at the general practices that you will find posted on YBullet in the engine section. Another thing that can be done is give it more plenum via spacer...that will help distribution as well....other than this it is a good manifold.

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/17/16 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By HardcoreB
ill try to find an old pic of one I did that worked well correcting distribution without removing length from the runner dividers. if you look straight down the throttle barrels trajectory, you'll see why they bias fuel towards the outer runners...So, I undercut the divider bottoms with about a 3/4" radius then radiused the inner walls to a near point on the outer runner edges...especially on top...never knife edge the leading edges. If no one posts one done 'correctly' here look at the general practices that you will find posted on YBullet in the engine section. Another thing that can be done is give it more plenum via spacer...that will help distribution as well....other than this it is a good manifold.

Yes, I would love to see some pictures of one done right. The port dividers were my biggest question. They are not right the way they are now....that's for sure.
Posted By: Project kickin A

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/17/16 08:24 PM

I don't know why Indy did this with the runners but I am interested to see also as I'm about to do the same. popcorn
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/17/16 09:49 PM

I would also like to see how guys have opened up the transition to the runners. Mine looked like it needed a bunch of opening up especially for 2 1/8 blades, which I did.

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/19/16 11:47 PM

I started doing mine but my poor old air compressor died... should I be taking more out from the bottom of the runner?

Attached picture plenum 2.png
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/20/16 12:33 AM

I think the Super Victor is a better intake to start with.

Attached picture Wilson.jpg
Attached picture plenum.jpg

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/20/16 02:46 AM

maybe so Andy but many of us don't have the budget to endlessly buy intakes plus being downunder makes for double the cost, we gotta run what we brung or what we can get our hands on at least.

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/20/16 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By AndyF

That looks 1000% better than what I currently have. I guess I will take some before and after pics of mine. Time to make a pile of chips.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/20/16 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By 408strokerdart

That looks 1000% better than what I currently have. I guess I will take some before and after pics of mine. Time to make a pile of chips.

It looks that good b/c Wilson has already ported that one.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/21/16 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted By 408strokerdart

It looks that good b/c Wilson has already ported that one.

I thought the Victor bottom end didn't compare to the Indy

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/22/16 11:19 AM

ok so here is what Ive done so far, a first up rough attack on the plenum dividers, there was a little casting flash on the plenum floor so hench the buzz around....

Attached picture plennum 3.png
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/22/16 01:49 PM

On my 440-1 CNC 345 4500 intake that i ported out it ended up kinda looking like the intake Andy posted as all squared up in there in the plenum and not like the stock Indy with that extra aluminum cloverleaf look. I also took a little more off in the outer 4 runners in the plenum are to help make the plugs look better and more equal, still wanna take a little more off there yet. I only have a couple basic pics but can try in get more stuff is at my garage. I did bring the dividers back some also.

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/22/16 01:54 PM

Re: Ported Indy Intakes - 06/22/16 02:00 PM

© 2024 Moparts Forums