Moparts

Daddy Daves coming to Keystone

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/14/16 10:23 PM

My local track Keystone (formerly Pittsburgh Raceway Park) has a great monthly event for the local street cars and these guys FLY. Great event planned for July's event and here's a current list of some of the times these guys run.

https://www.facebook.com/events/279351395785745/permalink/289494341438117/

Stay tuned for details and a new event page for the Saturday Street Drags on Juily 2. It will start earlier, mid afternoon or so, and Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws will be match racing Goliath 2.0 against Hot Rod Drag Week winner Larry Larson's S10! Fireworks to top off the night!

WHO'S GOING TO BE IN THE TOP 10 LIST OF 2016
1. Nathan Chesler 179mph
2. Reed Chapman 175mph
3. Tom Kadar 173mph
4. Patric Linn 171mph
5. Justin Orr 168mph
6. Caleb Portis 164mph
7. Rich Moore 160mph
8. Mikey Hurley 160mph
9. Jim Pitterich 158mph
10. Joe Fisher 155mph
Posted By: theraif

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/15/16 08:05 PM

i wonder how much they get paid ?
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/15/16 08:42 PM

Scott Taylor from New Orleans Street Out Laws gets $5,000. just to show up with JOHN DOE.
Posted By: Baxter61

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/15/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By theraif
i wonder how much they get paid ?

well before the show Dave couldnt afford his own car, now he's built 2 so thats how much lol
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/15/16 10:00 PM

Thats incorrect.

Ray

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/16/16 05:39 AM

maybe we need a moparts show hehehe
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/16/16 05:32 PM

It will be a good thing for the track. If it helps keeps the gates open, and can show people who haven't been to KRP what the place is like, get them looking at other events, I'm all for it. I'm looking forward to seeing both run.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/16/16 06:43 PM

Did he fix his car? I thought he just balled it up a few weeks ago? ehh, I tend NOT to go to special events like that. They take away from my track time. Those guys seem to take forever to stage and get down the track.
Posted By: Bob_Spelic

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/16/16 09:08 PM

That is some great news. These guys supposedly attract large crowds. I am all for and will support an event like this that will enable my home track to stay open and prosper.

Keystone has some fast street guys, really fast 160 to 175 MPH in the quarter. That is flying for a non chassis style race car converter from a street car!

Bob Spelic
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/17/16 05:36 PM

Mr. Yuck, as far as I know, he hasn't wrecked since the first version of Goliath last August. It's an all test and tune day for street cars only, no bracket racing. 6 hours, even if it's absolutely packed with cars, should get those tnt'ers plenty of passes/bang for their buck. DD and LL are the only show cars. What is really cool is that I'm thinking the fast street car Bob mentioned will go before them, and they don't take long to stage at all. They'll get to show their stuff in front of a hopefully large crowd, and want to come back and see them at the next street car tnt.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/17/16 06:50 PM

I dont get into the crap of the popular but at the same time, these guys are popular in there own way.

If it were John Force making a few test runs some would still complain.

I guess some would rather have a dirt poor crap track to run at that no one but a few goes to?

But heres a great idea, just kick out a few extra 100 dollar bills at the gate the next time you race and maybe the tracks wont need to look for outside sources of income.

Really?
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/17/16 07:26 PM

I was at Da Grove last week for a KOTS race. Shawn and Boosted were there. I've never been to an event there that was more packed with spectators. Even Drag Week didn't compare the KOTS race, and Drag Week was big.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/17/16 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird
I dont get into the crap of the popular but at the same time, these guys are popular in there own way.

If it were John Force making a few test runs some would still complain.

I guess some would rather have a dirt poor crap track to run at that no one but a few goes to?

But heres a great idea, just kick out a few extra 100 dollar bills at the gate the next time you race and maybe the tracks wont need to look for outside sources of income.

Really?

Agreed.

The track will probably make more gate/concession revenue on that one event than it does for an entire 2 months of normal events.

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/17/16 08:12 PM

iagree
the first time i ran john force night at norwalk (wishing it wasnt a point race) i pulled into the staging lanes saying to myself if knew this many people would be here i would have washed and waxed my car
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Daddy Daves coming to Keystone - 06/18/16 07:09 AM

TRUE STORY............At the PRI show, a couple of the SO guys were in the line to get John Force's autograph. There were SO many people trying to get to the SO guys to get a picture and get THEIR autograph, that is was disrupting Force's deal. John called them to the front, took some pics, got them handled and told them to get the hell away from his line........LOL!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums