Moparts

Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever

Posted By: sunroofgtx

Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/11/16 11:57 PM

done!!!!I was having issues cooling my 400ci Wagon. Somewhere along the line, somebody installed an aftermarket 28" 2 core radiator. Wasn't cutting it, not even close. Well today, I installed a 28" Champion Aluminum 3 core!! Wow, amazing install. EVERYTHING was exactly as it supposed to be. Perfect, and I mean perfect fit.. HD trans cooler, hoses, Factory Shroud!!!...Perfections, no issues. Very rare, I feel.. It took me awhile to choose this one. I thought I'd need to go custom, $500 at least... Nope. Ordered the correct model at Jegs!! I think $250ish Free shipping.. I'll post pics later..

Also installed a Street Demon, that I got here in the classifieds.. Looks like a TQ. Perfect!! I need to dial it in, but just cruising it around. No more Thunder Series leaking. Thanks Tim!!

Pics to follow.. Too nice to sit inside.

Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 12:01 AM

Station wagons are cool. smoke
Posted By: 68-scatpack-rt

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 12:07 AM

Good for you Rick!

Bring it to the Father's Day show in olmsted next Sunday.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 12:12 AM

Cool deal!

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 12:19 AM

I'll be at that show!! Whaat time does it start? How long does it run? I'll call and get some details! Hey BOB!!!
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 03:03 AM

Good stuff, nice wagon mate.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 04:34 AM

Thats good to hear about the radiator. I have been eyeing them but have been uneasy because I had a bad experience with the one for my Jeep. It was an indirect fit LOL required a big hammer and modifications to the trans cooler lines, then it only lasted about 2 years. It seems people have had great luck with the muscle car stuff though.

That is a really cool wagon!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 04:50 AM

Nice! 250 for the radiator? Thats good
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 08:11 AM

Sweet longroof man! boogie

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 03:17 PM

Slant, that might be my next name...lol.. Longroof73....Sweet..
Posted By: SGTFURY62

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 03:36 PM

What year and model is your wagon. That may be the best looking wagon I've ever seen. Very nice!
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/12/16 04:02 PM

Yes Loooovvve the Wagon Rick

Good Deal on the Radiator Its nice when something works right

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/13/16 02:54 PM

Thanks, guys. I bought it last year from a member here, who bought it off of another member who drove it from California. It's a 73 Dodge Coronet Custom. Factory 400HP, 4 BBL, Dual Exhaust, ralley wheels, p/s, p/b, power rear window. Rob, loving this thing!!

Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/13/16 03:15 PM

Love the wagon as well. That's just bad azz.
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/13/16 09:36 PM

The first car that my current wife and I bought together was a '71 Fury Wagon. It was not pretty, had some dents that never got fixed, but it had a strong 360 and factory air. It was only $50.00 because the low/reverse band was broken in the 727 and had no reverse. I rebuilt the transmission, swapped in a 3.23 Sure Grip, added dual exhaust and cop wheels, cop poverty cap with big radials. It served my family with 6 kids well for 5 years and doubled as the tow vehicle for the first race car. I finally sold it when the rear window went down and would not come back up frown

I have since seen it's twin on CL for serious money in Montana and it is tempting...it is even the same color as our old one. up

Attached picture 00T0T_9iv2Q4m3VaE_1200x900.jpg
Attached picture 00r0r_dUxc7ySyn1b_1200x900.jpg

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/13/16 10:29 PM

WOW!! Gorgeous!!!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/13/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By sunroofgtx
Slant, that might be my next name...lol.. Longroof73....Sweet..

biggrin

Glad that radiator worked. I asked about Champions once and got about 50-50 on the answers. Either they bolted right in and worked or were a total disaster.

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/15/16 03:08 AM

My thought is that you really need to do your homework, and order the exact one for your car. There were a ton that were close, but only one was exact.. Luckily, that's the one I ordered.. Coming to Norwalk for Monster?
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/15/16 03:00 PM

Those Keystones really look good on that combo.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Easiest upgrade, with zero surprises, that I've almost ever - 06/15/16 03:58 PM

Very cool wagon! thumbs

I installed a Champion 3 core in my Roadrunner last fall & have been very pleased with it. In cooler temps i have to let the car run most of the time in the staging lanes or the T-stat won't stay open.
© 2024 Moparts Forums