Moparts

No NHRA today

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

No NHRA today - 06/05/16 09:25 PM

Called on rain
wave
Posted By: Crizila

Re: No NHRA today - 06/05/16 11:30 PM

frown Beer in one hand and the remote in the other - I was ready for a day of drag racing. drinking Guess I'll just spend my afternoon seeing who I can piss off on all the Mopar sights. Monte, you out there? whistling Second thought, might try to dump a few extra degrees of advance in my street rod to see if I can get it to deal with 101 degrees in Payson today.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: No NHRA today - 06/05/16 11:33 PM

We're supposed to be at 102 today.

I had my candy bars all lined up.

Stinking rain.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: No NHRA today - 06/05/16 11:40 PM

Don't care. Never watch it on TV. I've always listened to the audiocast in the shop and NHRA has eliminated that. Now they want you to spend $50 for all access instead. So today it's Ozzy's Boneyard instead of the NHRA feed.

Re: No NHRA today - 06/05/16 11:45 PM

I went out to the shop to do some cleaning .. it was
a bomb blast to say the least.. plus I had so welding to do
and listen to the tunes on the stereo... fired the car up
to get it out of the way.. and came in just in time to watch
the last 10 laps of the Detroit Grand Prix... I'm not a big
fan of the F1 stuff but it was local and its racing
wave
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 12:21 AM

So in watching all the softball games I haven't missed a thing.... back to our regularly scheduled program!

me at 8:45am......

temp in my trailer at 9:15..... 100!
Posted By: nss guy

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
So in watching all the softball games I haven't missed a thing.... back to our regularly scheduled program!

me at 8:45am......

temp in my trailer at 9:15..... 100!

Where is the Green Grass, looks like rocks in the yards? lol
Yep, here in the Midwest we are still cutting the grass twice a week due to all the rain. Should have stopped a month ago.
The only thing I can say is you can still race even if it's a 100 degrees, can't race if it's raining
Posted By: bracketcharger

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 02:33 AM

I was waiting out the rain and was bummed but I'm going back tomorrow. I did manage to get some broken Nitro parts for the mancave. Saturday qualifying was a good show and even some Nitro Harleys too.

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By bracketcharger
I was waiting out the rain and was bummed but I'm going back tomorrow. I did manage to get some broken Nitro parts for the mancave. Saturday qualifying was a good show and even some Nitro Harleys too.
The nitro Harley guys are in a league of their own. Talked to one of them at Pomona earlier this year. Noticed none of them paint their frames. When I asked why, he said "so they can see the cracks easier". Also asked what percentage of nitro they run. His answer = "100% - we like the smell". realcrazy
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 06:55 AM

I watched the finals on Fox Sport 1 this afternoon, or where they replaying another race and not emphasing that confused
Posted By: E-Ticket

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 07:13 AM

I think it will be televised today (Monday) at 3:00 PM. Guess they will be making the "Inside Monster Jam" crowd mad by over riding that IF it is in fact shown at 3:00....??
Posted By: justinp61

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
I watched the finals on Fox Sport 1 this afternoon, or where they replaying another race and not emphasing that confused

Last weeks race I think.

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge

Last weeks race I think.
Ya, it's today at 3pm - they said.

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By bracketcharger

That big chunk of the body from "Fast Jacks" car
would be cool to have hanging in the shop
wave
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 06:49 PM

I was there to witness the explosion on Saturday. The percussion moved the jersey barriers out and had to be pushed back with tractors.

I also noticed AJ was running a different head than the Elite and V. Gains teams. I asked V. Gains and he said that head wasn't released yet. Would like to know the scoop on that....

Attached picture 001.JPG
Posted By: justinp61

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
That big chunk of the body from "Fast Jacks" car
would be cool to have hanging in the shop
wave

I thought the same thing.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 08:23 PM

Its the symmetrical port head. Everyone else is still using the asymmetric head.

Fwiw valve layout in diferent. Alan has I-E-I-E-I-E-I-E the others are E-I-I-E-E-I-I-E. Heads were debuted at SEMA a couple years back. First versions did not work so well and everyone went back the old asymmetric stuff which is why Elite had issues finding heads. No one wanted to release the older asymmetric stuff.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 08:27 PM

2:00 pm today CST. After CRASHCAR racing is done.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
2:00 pm today CST. After CRASHCAR racing is done.

If you have it on a dvr timer make sure you reset it. I've been cheating and following it on dragraceresults.com. I couldn't wait. Lol
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 08:32 PM

Just about done now. I see they are not even updating Drag Race Central timely these days. For instance just now listing some of the sportsman stuff a day later.

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 08:34 PM

What is a DVR? I have a VCR.... laugh2
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Its the symmetrical port head. Everyone else is still using the asymmetric head.

Fwiw valve layout in diferent. Alan has I-E-I-E-I-E-I-E the others are E-I-I-E-E-I-I-E. Heads were debuted at SEMA a couple years back. First versions did not work so well and everyone went back the old asymmetric stuff which is why Elite had issues finding heads. No one wanted to release the older asymmetric stuff.

I thought I remember seeing those a few years ago but seemed like know body ran them for some reason. I'm wondering if the valve and port layout was not favorable with lining up to the carb venturies whereas the FI stuff with dedicated injectors is not sensitive to that.
AG.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
What is a DVR? I have a VCR.... laugh2

Ted if I had your money I'd burn mine. You farmboys are loaded

Re: No NHRA today - 06/06/16 08:45 PM

Maybe back in the 70s... smoke
Posted By: Dduster

Re: No NHRA today - 06/07/16 02:01 AM

Hey,

Did anyone besides me take that 1/2 Off for NHRA All Access Offer? Well,.. I was bummed to not be able to listen to NHRA with them stopping the Audio broadcast while messing things up in the garage and figured that OK, OK,...... I'll just take the offer and listen if I'm busy I rationalized with Myself to avoid the guilt to spend more money on My addiction. Then the rain out yesterday :-( but sneaking in moments here at Work in the morning that All Access is really neat to watch. Just from the NED Finals broadcast I'm hooked. Indy is going to be really fun to watch with the Hemi Challenge(?) along with the Biggest mph showdown in Super Gas Qualifying. I was skeptical but now I'm a 'Tub Thumper' <-- old time religious zealot.
Posted By: bracketcharger

Re: No NHRA today - 06/07/16 04:30 AM

I got a pushrod from Jack Beckman that was in the motor that blew up on Saturday and he signed it too. I also got a signed piston from Jeff Diehl. Went over today to see eliminations , good to see AJ get to the finals.
© 2024 Moparts Forums