Moparts

DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING....................

Posted By: Thumperdart

DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 09:05 AM

I really need to cage this thing so I can have some REAL fun...........After two years of being away from the track I REALLY miss it now more than ever and color and creed don`t matter cos we all love MUSCLE......... thumbs The fun part; after my brake issues and what not, I wasn't super confident about them so I made my first pass at around 5:ish with around 1700 ft elevation and in the 70`s and did a smallish burnout and left at 2000 on the footbrake and it felt pretty nice yankin em and went 1.373 60 and 3.978 at the 330 then dumped the brakes hard to see how it felt and although not perfect they were ok. So hung out till about 6:ish then decided I wanted to go home so got in line did an ok burnout but bogged a bit cos these "slicks" really stick then left at 2500 and went a crazy 1.330 60 and a 3.93 330 but dumped it before the 1/8th mile and went 6.157 at 109.63. Last time out in the heat I went 6.20@ 111.78 w/a 1.42 60 so this may have been my 6.10 or better run............. work

Something funny, first pass a .017 r/t, second pass a .019 on a simple 3-amber but not bad I thought........... beer
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 09:10 AM

Congrats

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 09:12 AM

Thankxxx.......not stellar but not bad for a street car and trust me, there`s a 9.50 in this hunk of bolts..............
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 09:13 AM

Congrats Dom! beer
Posted By: deaks

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 10:52 AM

Put any part of your ticket into this calc and it'll tell you what you could have run.
Mick

http://www.wallaceracing.com/etcalc.php
Posted By: Dartin

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 11:18 AM

Glad to hear you got it out for some fun! Nice passes!

Randy
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 12:59 PM

Congrats, Dom. Got your 15 and lived to talk about it. Nice work. A minimal C/M cage won't add much weight at all. Next stop 5.99 drive
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 01:13 PM

Might still give him a 6.09 or better with a CM cage being that it will stiffen the chassis despite the little weight. Should be around 60-75 Lbs at most depending on cage point count.
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 01:13 PM

You forgot to mention that you were hittin the tree pretty good for coming out of retirement. I guess I can throw the banjo away now!
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 02:06 PM

Get that carb tuned, there's more in it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By Adobedude
Get that carb tuned, there's more in it.

Send that carb to Thumper... I hear he can fix it up for
ya
wave

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 03:05 PM

Old dogs never forget the tricks.LOL. TD is probably sharper now being that he has rehearsed this outing in his head for some time now.
Posted By: superchuck

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 03:06 PM

The smell of burnt rubber and high octane fuel, It's music that only your nose can hear.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 03:08 PM

Nice job Thumpman!! I haven't been down the track with my 64 in four years! So I think you might need somebody to go thru your carb and see if it picks up a bit!! biggrin

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
Nice job Thumpman!! I haven't been down the track with my 64 in four years! So I think you might need somebody to go thru your carb and see if it picks up a bit!! biggrin

Maybe we should tell him his problem on the carb..LOL
wave

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 03:16 PM

I wonder if it needs bigger squirters...

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
I wonder if it needs bigger squirters...

Yep... but dont tell him... he can send it to Thumper carbs
to have it set up... LOL.. at least the shipping wont
be much..LOL
wave
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 04:01 PM

You guys are going to fix him up and he's going to go out and blow the guts out of that 8 3/4 rear-end.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 04:20 PM

Send the Carb to Pro Systems

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
You guys are going to fix him up and he's going to go out and blow the guts out of that 8 3/4 rear-end.

He was running slicks.. but so do I with my
8 3/4.. but he is heavier...but he did run a
1.33 60'.. not bad and its still in one piece
.... Dom might find the breaking point at some
time
wave

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 05:28 PM

Thankxxx guys..........Ya it did want bigger squirters at least the night before testing in the driveway but I know a guy like you guys said so I`m covered biggrin ..........These 28 10x5`s are bad ass and may have found my tire but there`s more there like leaving at 3000 next time and going THROUGH the finish line but I have some work ahead of me for sure........... thumbs Not worried about the 8 3/4 cos I`ve got the nodular and it was built right........... wink

The wallace calcs say;

9.57..............Ron Silva stopped by and was right in line w/this based on what he saw fwiw and I WILL get a 9.5? before years end I promise.............. beer

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By Deepockets
You forgot to mention that you were hittin the tree pretty good for coming out of retirement. I guess I can throw the banjo away now!

You didn't get any vid or pics by chance did ya cos my friend got the burnout but not the wheels up launch/run.............
Posted By: justinp61

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:01 PM

It looks like you were on a nice pass Dom. I'm glad you got it out and had some fun. I'm sure you'll see that 9.5XX pass soon.

Mine is back together after having Lenny tighten up the converter and John went through the valve body. I had the transmission checked out and everything is good to go. I may take it out for a ride this afternoon if it's not raining to see how the converter acts.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:11 PM

Congrats Dom up beer

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:11 PM

Thankxxx and I agree that it will go 9.5`s.............Good luck on your deal man............ thumbs
Posted By: DARTH V8Я

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:17 PM

You got 9.5x for sure Dom. I haven't been to the track in 4 years. Next year for sure w/ small block power. And plenty of no prep 275 action in between wink
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:34 PM

The wallace calcs say;

9.57..............Ron Silva stopped by and was right in line w/this based on what he saw fwiw and I WILL get a 9.5? before years end I promise.............. beer
[/quote]

Dom you need to come race with us at Famoso in September @ Mega Mopar, Even if you don't want to enter the race they will still have a T&T lane and early morning run @600 feet you should get that 9.50, Not to mention after race festivity's beer

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:37 PM

Agreed and good luck on your journey..........

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By mikeysmopars

The wallace calcs say;

Dom you need to come race with us at Famoso in September @ Mega Mopar, Even if you don't want to enter the race they will still have a T&T lane and early morning run @600 feet you should get that 9.50, Not to mention after race festivity's beer [/quote]

Isn't it going to be smokin hot?
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:53 PM

I forgot Dom.....Where is it you live???
Oh ya , the Desert!.. You cant wait around for perfect conditions all your life. Besides Mid September will be decent especially in the morning....Don't make me call you out! grin
Posted By: DARTH V8Я

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 06:57 PM

I have my call out all primed up for next year devil
Posted By: tsanchez

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 07:07 PM

Did you change rear gears

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 07:15 PM

Ok Mikey, we`ll do it but don`t trip if I get ya..........AGAIN....... wink beer

Went w/the same 4.10`s just stepped up to the nodular housing and 35 spline axles from the 30`s.............. thumbs
Posted By: 383man

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 07:34 PM

Nice going. up I have not been down the track in a year and a half myself. I was hoping to go in June but I just laid out $250 for my dogs at the vet and they are more important to me then running my car right now. Ron

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 07:36 PM

Priorities so I understand...........
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Ok Mikey, we`ll do it but don`t trip if I get ya..........AGAIN....... wink beer

Went w/the same 4.10`s just stepped up to the nodular housing and 35 spline axles from the 30`s.............. thumbs
Not trying to start a debate......but at that weight, on slicks, low 1.30s or maybe high 1.20 sixty foots..........I will be surprised if the rear makes 40 runs
Posted By: Sport440

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

Not trying to start a debate......but at that weight, on slicks, low 1.30s or maybe high 1.20 sixty foots..........I will be surprised if the rear makes 40 runs

I think hes at 3025#s now with the weight loss. But if he makes it to 40 runs, that's about 10 more years at Doms race pace. laugh2

Congrats dom on the new half best. Wish you would of carried it out to the end. up

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 08:19 PM

No problem there Monte since I only make 2 passes every two years............ laugh2

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By Sport440

I think hes at 3025#s now with the weight loss. But if he makes it to 40 runs, that's about 10 more years at Doms race pace. laugh2

Congrats dom on the new half best. Wish you would of carried it out to the end. up

Figuring 3050 based on adding the 2nd batt and almost a full cell of fuel but will drive to the local truck scale here soon and see for sure.......... thumbs

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 08:33 PM

Take two and call me in the morning. LOL.

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
Take two and call me in the morning. LOL.

I feel great considering Idrinkingand went to bed at 2:00 am and got up at 7:00.............Having another now then a workout then back to carbs............. thumbs
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 08:48 PM

Don't waste your time on using the trucks scales tsk there set up for heavy weight so 3000 lb cars may weigh + or - 300 from what they actually weigh on a good scale. Reach out to some of the local drag and roundy round racers to find someone that has a set of 4 corner car scales and weigh it on them, weigh it without you in it and then reweigh with you in it to see what the car has front to rear and right to left balance scope
I weighed my Duster on one of the Oregon state truck scales and it weighed 3150 with me in it, it weigh 3450 at the Las Vegas MATS race two weeks later with me in it shock work shruggy

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 09:00 PM

Correct.
Go to a buddy with four corner scales. If you were up in the East and over to the right, I'd lend you mine, but you are to far left.LOL.

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 09:03 PM

Gotcha, was told by a trucker friend though that their lively hood depends on accuracy............. shruggy
Posted By: theraif

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 09:32 PM

i like playing with wallaceracing site even if my numbers never jive hehehe

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By theraif
i like playing with wallaceracing site even if my numbers never jive hehehe

Mine will I promise you.............
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 11:31 PM

congrats Dom. Killer 60's.
if the truck scale is a CAT scale, they are very accurate.

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 11:34 PM

Thankxxx............I have a friend who has a friend w/a set of roundy round scales so maybe this weekend if possible.......

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 11:45 PM

Congrats Dom... when it comes to scales.. if they
are selling a product I can guarantee that it will
be on the heavy side.. they sure wont be on the light
side when people are paying for a product.. I have been
on 4 corner scales and ran across the local scale that
is selling truck loads of stuff... there scale was 16#
on the heavy side... you have to make sure they zero
on every time you roll on... and I ran into the office
to see the zero(all of 20' away)
EDIT
I went to a junk yard(they pay for scrap weight)
and I was 65# lighter... imagine that .. on the
way out they weight you again... my truck grew
some how while I was there on the way out
wave

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/27/16 11:57 PM

A 3.93 330 equates to a 9.79. My car has gone 1.36 but my best ever et is only 10.14, a 1.36 is a 9.79, there's no way in the world mine would have ran that.
Posted By: EDDIEB

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 12:08 AM

Great Job Dom!!!!!!!

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By deaks
A 3.93 330 equates to a 9.79. My car has gone 1.36 but my best ever et is only 10.14, a 1.36 is a 9.79, there's no way in the world mine would have ran that.

Jason gave me a "real world" # of between a 9.59-9.64ish 137-138 mph based on his proven formula but the bottom line is we don`t race math we race tracks and we`ll see what it "really" runs soon enuff..............
Posted By: D-50

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 02:53 AM

1.33 is also my best 60 ft. but my best ET is 6.21 @ 110.59. I need to figure out what my problem is down track. When I ran the 6.21 my 60 ft. was only 1.39 with the ProSystems 1050 carb on it. My best 60 ft. of 1.33 was with a untuned 950 HP but only ran a 6.29 @ 108 mph. I lost 60 ft. time when I put the Dominator carb on it but picked up a .08 and 2 mph. I need to get my 60 ft. back to where it was.

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
1.33 is also my best 60 ft. but my best ET is 6.21 @ 110.59. I need to figure out what my problem is down track. When I ran the 6.21 my 60 ft. was only 1.39 with the ProSystems 1050 carb on it. My best 60 ft. of 1.33 was with a untuned 950 HP but only ran a 6.29 @ 108 mph. I lost 60 ft. time when I put the Dominator carb on it but picked up a .08 and 2 mph. I need to get my 60 ft. back to where it was.

Look at the squirters and pump cams for the 60'
wave
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 05:54 AM

Well done, wish I could go 1.3 60', sh1t, I would be happy with 1.45 from my 3750lb streeter

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By ozymaxwedge
Well done, wish I could go 1.3 60', sh1t, I would be happy with 1.45 from my 3750lb streeter

Thankxxx man and your stuff flies too............1.45 isn't horrible at all at that weight imo..........there`s always a bit more there.......... thumbs

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 06:24 AM

Jason gave me a "real world" # of between a 9.59-9.64ish 137-138 mph based on his proven formula but the bottom line is we don`t race math we race tracks and we`ll see what it "really" runs soon enuff..............

True enough, i hope you achieve your goal, a 60ft like that is definitely a good start.
Mick
Posted By: 383man

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 07:15 AM

Sorry Dom as I forgot to tell you congrats on the new best. up beer Ron
Posted By: Sport440

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 07:21 AM

iagree Your definitely running good enough to be in the 9.6?,s 9.599, not quite yet, close though. up

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 02:12 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot too.
Congrats.
Probably forgot because I already knew you were there anyway. LOL.

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By Sport440

iagree Your definitely running good enough to be in the 9.6?,s 9.599, not quite yet, close though. up

Ya, I just dream of a 9.59 but you guys are possibly correct in that it`s not there............time will tell.......... luck
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 07:54 PM

You want some of this?

Attached picture LAUNCH CROP.jpg

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By John Doe

You want some of this?

NO sir Mr Ron................... biggrin thumbs Bad ride right there man.....................

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 08:20 PM

You want some of this?

NO sir Mr Ron................... biggrin thumbs Bad ride right there man.....................

It was good to see you and talk to you Dom. Your Junk is hauling AZZ! I could tell right away you were faster and I have not seen you since Fontana, what, like 3 years ago?

Ron

.PS: I go to Irwindale almost every Thursday.

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 08:21 PM

Haven't been to fontana since before they closed...........How do I locate the photos from last week, hoping for a new sig pic? shruggy
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 09:33 PM

You want some of this?

Ron, Is it stock except for the tires? What's the best you've got out of it? Looks good. matt

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 10:43 PM

Haven't been to fontana since before they closed...........How do I locate the photos from last week, hoping for a new sig pic? shruggy

Mike Morgan takes Photos most Thursdays. I did see him last Thursday but not sure if he took pics or not (I think he did take some). Since I am a charity case he was so kind to give me some digital files. Here is another one with his info on it and a link. I checked today and he has not posted the pics yet from last Thursday. Keep checking and if you find one you can purchase on line but if you want a Digital file I think you are going to have to beg, or just email him.

http://bowtie0069.fotki.com/

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/28/16 11:03 PM

Thankxxx...........heard he went home early but he did get my first crappy 1.37 leave for sure............
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/29/16 01:19 AM

here ya go.http://www.bowtie0069.fotki.com/2011-irwindale-pix-1/
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/29/16 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By ozymaxwedge

Thankxxx man and your stuff flies too............1.45 isn't horrible at all at that weight imo..........there`s always a bit more there.......... thumbs

Thumper,, I said "I would be happy with 1.45" LOL. My street Barracuda went 10.1 the other night with a 1.65 60' rant

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/29/16 03:49 AM

Boy that et and 60 don`t jive........... work Fix that and fly..........Thankxxx Don for the link........... thumbs
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/29/16 08:21 PM

Glad to see you got the car to the track, hope to see it out more often.

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 05/29/16 09:59 PM

Was awesome except for my brake deal and slightly lifting before the finish but will figure it out and do it again as soon as the weather comes back around............
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 06/01/16 04:22 PM

Congrats Dom...running good! So the brakes were ok and it was your last pass of the night...WHY did you lift early???

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 06/01/16 04:23 PM

Cause he peed his self!!

Re: DAMN I MISS DRAG RACING.................... - 06/01/16 04:32 PM

Thankxxx.......no, the brakes aren't good and are binding when released so apparently I have it all plumbed wrong from years ago and will address it when I can. I lifted a bit early just to make sure it would stop as I have to pump em a few times HARD to get em to bite. It`s nasty here and summers coming so I`m done for a bit but will try and make a full 1/4 pass or two in sept at Famoso so me and Mikey can line em up again............
© 2024 Moparts Forums