Moparts

rear shocks

Posted By: sam64

rear shocks - 05/01/16 06:03 PM

I need suggestions on adjustable rear shocks for the Belvedere,need to tune for the new pro bracket radials.car weighs 3320 race weight 51%f49%r.thanks,Sam.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: rear shocks - 05/01/16 07:00 PM

If it's a foot brake 10.80 car, the rancho 9 ways are probably good enough. My car went 10.60s easily with those on only the 255/60 radials. That was with some mystery HD springs and a trans brake.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: rear shocks - 05/01/16 08:42 PM

Best double adjustable you can afford.

The more I fool with shocks, the more important I see them being in the big picture.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: rear shocks - 05/01/16 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
Best double adjustable you can afford.

The more I fool with shocks, the more important I see them being in the big picture.

iagree
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: rear shocks - 05/02/16 02:13 AM

I like Afco double adjustable.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: rear shocks - 05/02/16 03:27 AM

I'm all for the DA shocks. It was night and day for my car...but not at 10.80 on a pro radial...come on.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: rear shocks - 05/02/16 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By dizuster
I'm all for the DA shocks. It was night and day for my car...but not at 10.80 on a pro radial...come on.

Don't think it will hurt his performance, only help on poor tracks as you now can adjust both. If he decides to put a faster motor in he is already set with his shocks. Is it necessary no but niether are turbos on cars.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: rear shocks - 05/02/16 02:36 PM

A set of double adjustable Vikings aren't all that much more than a set of Ranchos really.
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: rear shocks - 05/03/16 12:42 AM

Have a set of Viking DA shocks on the rear of my roadrunner made a world of difference over ranchos. Went from 1.39-1.44 60' time to 1.37 all the time. 3900lb car and driver.

Also have a set on the front of the white 65. Awesome adjustability can set up to leave with the wheels 3" off the ground or 3'.

I highly recommend the product.
Posted By: sam64

Re: rear shocks - 05/03/16 01:03 AM

ok which shock,viking or stocker stars?both double adj.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: rear shocks - 05/03/16 02:32 PM

sam64...the Vikings are cheaper. The owner told me they only make double adjustable shocks b/c they are no more expensive to manufacture than a single adjustable. The other companies just use that as a reason to jack the prices up for the doubles.
Posted By: moparbob498

Re: rear shocks - 06/17/16 08:43 PM

Not to hijack this thread but, I think I have a problem too, I run afco rears (da) & well I had one 1.23 - 60' time, then 1.38 to 1.41's now I was under car re plumbing fuel system & noticed the body of my shocks have dents in them? What the hell?, appears I have so much axle wind up they hit the tubes on rear end,.. I have no snubber, no ladder bars, just super stock springs, car is back halved- thanx for any input.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: rear shocks - 06/17/16 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By moparbob498
Not to hijack this thread but, I think I have a problem too, I run afco rears (da) & well I had one 1.23 - 60' time, then 1.38 to 1.41's now I was under car re plumbing fuel system & noticed the body of my shocks have dents in them? What the hell?, appears I have so much axle wind up they hit the tubes on rear end,.. I have no snubber, no ladder bars, just super stock springs, car is back halved- thanx for any input.

How many clamps on the front segments... try doubling the clamps
but the front segment isnt strong enough to stop the axle rotation..
I assume you dont have caltracs and even then they may not be
strong enough to hold back the rotation... once you can stop
the axle rotation then you need good shocks to control the axle
wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums