Moparts

Joe Teuton Passes

Posted By: rickstershemi

Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 02:33 AM

From Jeff Teuton at Classracer.com http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=61992

"My brother Joe has passed away. He left during the night peacefully in his sleep. Arrangements are pending and will be posted as they become available."

Very Sad Day.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 02:40 AM

I first met Big Joe at Etown. My dad was on starting line watching me run. He turned and Joe sitting on his scooter complimented my dad on my driving. My dad insisted we go over and meet these guys. They treated us like family.

Sorry to hear a true gentleman to the sport has left us to be with the Lord.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 03:24 AM

angel angel May he rest in peace............
Posted By: markz528

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 03:32 AM

RIP

I met him one time and we chatted for a while. He was super nice to me.

angel angel angel
Posted By: dvw

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 03:58 AM

Joe was a real nice guy. First time i met him he treated me like he'd known me for years . Sorry to see him go.
Doug
Posted By: 383man

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 04:07 AM

So sorry to hear this. RIP. angel Ron
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 04:18 AM

RIP Mr. Teuton. A southern gentleman.
Posted By: hemid68

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 04:40 AM

Anybody else remember when Big Joe pulled up next to the Shadowoods black '68 Hemi Cuda (which looked like a ProStock in '68 clothing), with his primered '68 Hemi Dart (both of them 4 speeds), and Big Joe left with the wheels in the air, and whipped the Shadowoods car! That was at the SportsNationals, in Bowling Green, I believe in 1975. That is one of my favorite drag racing memeories, and it proved the point you can't judge a book (or primered Dart) by the cover.
Big Joe was always super friendly, and will be missed walking up to the starting line at Indy, to watch the Hemi Shoot Out.
Condolences to all of the Teuton's.
Dan
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By hemid68
Anybody else remember when Big Joe pulled up next to the Shadowoods black '68 Hemi Cuda (which looked like a ProStock in '68 clothing), with his primered '68 Hemi Dart (both of them 4 speeds), and Big Joe left with the wheels in the air, and whipped the Shadowoods car! That was at the SportsNationals, in Bowling Green, I believe in 1975. That is one of my favorite drag racing memeories, and it proved the point you can't judge a book (or primered Dart) by the cover.
Big Joe was always super friendly, and will be missed walking up to the starting line at Indy, to watch the Hemi Shoot Out.
Condolences to all of the Teuton's.
Dan

Nope sorry I don't... I was 1.

Sorry to hear this.

Was this related to the accident or had he recovered from that and just passed?
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 05:36 AM

Rest in peace Big Joe
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 05:42 AM

RIP Mr. Teuton, a true gentleman... angel
Posted By: GVH

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 12:40 PM

jeff who had accident older brother
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 01:21 PM

Thanks GVH
Posted By: dwayne welder

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 02:38 PM

Dwayne here my condolences to the entire Teuton family And yes I was at the Sportnatioals that year!!! I Used to use my 8mm filming camera and probably have still pictures of that race somewere!!!! I crewed on John Tedder's SS/AA care during those years!!! I'll pass this information on to others
Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 06:43 PM

Met him in the pits at the big GO many years ago, very nice guy. RIP
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: Joe Teuton Passes - 04/26/16 07:14 PM

R.I.P Mr. Teuton

Ray
© 2024 Moparts Forums