Moparts

Crate HEMI Head Flow ?

Posted By: Challenger340

Crate HEMI Head Flow ? - 04/03/16 07:00 PM

What are you guys seeing for Flow out of the Mopar(edelbrock ?) Crate Engine HEMI Heads ?
I'm pretty familiar with the Stage V and others... but strangely just never played with these ?
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Crate HEMI Head Flow ? - 04/03/16 07:02 PM

Edelbrock heads or old mp heads?

Re: Crate HEMI Head Flow ? - 04/03/16 07:12 PM

Good question, I dunno ?
They have the Mopar part #2531110-M on them ? seems to me if I recall they were Eddy maybe for Mopar ? But again, like I said, I just never played with them before, so NO idea ?
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Crate HEMI Head Flow ? - 04/03/16 07:55 PM

I haven't had one of those here in a while, but as I recall the edelbrock made version has the "E" inside a circle for a foundry mark on them, but I wouldn't swear to that.

To look at them in person, it's easy for me to tell them apart from the earlier version.

Looking through some notes, tested on a 4.250 bore without a notch for the intake valve, and piece of 7/16x14 bolt threaded into the head bolt hole so it's basically flush with the floor, the early heads flow 3-teens, and the edelbrock version mid-320's.

A bigger bore, or a bore notch for the valve is worth a few cfm.

What I would consider a "normal" port job, no holes, no dimples, no tubes, they flow 375-380.
If you make them "bigger", they seem to flow more, but that usually seems to require some tubes.

The new Victor heads flow just over 400 ootb......and they have tubes in them already.

Re: Crate HEMI Head Flow ? - 04/04/16 02:00 AM

Thanks so much Dwayne
Marty texted me Friday and said 3-teens as dis-assembled from running, so I will have to look better tomorrow(monday) and see what's going on ? or any room for improvement.
It's just a street/pump gas "hydraulic" flat tappet deal, so I dunno if he even needs much more ?
Thanks again.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Crate HEMI Head Flow ? - 04/05/16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
the edelbrock made version has the "E" inside a circle for a foundry mark on them, but I wouldn't swear to that.

iagree There will be a small (1/2" or so) diameter circle w/ an "E" in it...Edelbrock's font for the letter. That's the Edelbrock casting MP heads. It's under the valve cover near the exhaust side if I'm not mistaken. I have a set sitting on the workbench at home.
© 2024 Moparts Forums