Moparts

Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going?

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/28/16 05:30 PM

I'm planning on being there...either just make some fun runs or might try a bracket class again. Weather looks promising...showing rain Friday, but Saturday is partly cloudy w/ a high of 71° and 0% chance of precipitation.
Who else is going?

Attached picture cuda%20launch%20rockingham.jpg
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/28/16 09:06 PM

Plan on seeing you out there, buddy. Are your Mom and Dad coming too?

Always fun to see everybody out there.

My buddy Nat with the 442" Low 12 second CJ-& Jeep will be out there too.

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/28/16 10:05 PM

I'm not sure if they're going or not Bobby. I just want to go walk around the swap meet, see some friends, and make a couple passes w/ the car...not spend all day.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/28/16 10:09 PM

I haven't been at least 15 years.(back when I lived in Wilmington )
Every year I say i'm going to go but my car is never ready.
Maybe next year lol
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/29/16 02:24 AM

It seems like every year I am scheduled to work on that one lousy Saturday. mad And also at the Z Max four wide.
Posted By: johnscudashop

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/29/16 02:30 AM

I havent been to it in years, How is the show now, last time I went it was really small. I remember back in the late 80s they had it over at the circle track

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/29/16 02:13 PM

It still does fairly well, but if everyone stays home and complains about it being small...it will be gone for good. We try to go every year. There aren't many mopar only shows left...need to support the ones that are still kicking. We always have a good time at Rockingham.
Posted By: onefastindy

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/30/16 06:17 AM

I'll be there watching

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/31/16 02:31 PM

Well this sucks...

ROCKINGHAM - In a bid to accommodate racers idled by the cancellation of this weekend's scheduled IHRA Southeast ET Finals, Rockingham Dragway owner Steve Earwood has expanded the program for the 25th annual Mopars at the Rock to include a Mopars versus the World Top ET and Footbrake Shootout open to all makes.

So another "Mopar" show that will be flooded w/ all makes. fan

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 03/31/16 10:32 PM

Looks like the weather forecast gets worse by the day also. Showing rain until about noon on Saturday.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 04/03/16 08:32 PM

Well how was it?? I had to work and could not make it--Flea? race car turn out? and Hot deals??

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 04/04/16 03:08 PM

Weather cleared up and the track was good and dry by about 1:30. Pretty good turn out and not many non Mopar cars showed up at all. what was apparent was there were lots of Late model cars and very few "vintage" cars, both in the lanes AND at the Car show.

Only down side for racing (weather was in the mid-high 70's) was there was a constant 15-20MPH headwind blowing straight up the track the whole day. Great for kite flying, not so good for trying to run personal best ET's.

I now have the Rocky where it would launch without violently wheel-standing but only ran a best of 11.135 @ 120.84, the previous best in good night air was 11.142 @ 123.25, so I was pretty happy with that considering the headwind.

Case in point was my buddy Nat's 442" AMC Jeep CJ-7 that consistently ran 12.30's at 103-104 at last years Event could only run consistent 12.80's @ 99 all day Saturday.

Several Hellcat Chargers and Challengers there, a white Challenger was in the 10.80's on spray, most were in the low 12's high 11's, I couldn't get any of them to line up with me though, lol.

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 04/05/16 08:29 PM

I decided it wasn't worth the trip w/ the weather forecast and being annoyed by Steve's decision to allow the other cars.
I'm sure a LOT of people stayed away for the same reasons.

The track wasn't dry until 1:30 or so? That sucks. By 3:00 the crowd is usually thinning out.

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 04/05/16 09:15 PM

It really wasn't too bad, We had kind of a Posse there with my friends and their kids, we made the best of it and the weather turned out GREAT...except the wind was blowing 180 degrees the wrong way!! lol

Re: Mopars @ The Rock this Saturday 4/2/16, who's going? - 04/05/16 09:22 PM

We went to North Myrtle Beach dragstrip's grand opening on Sunday. The place has new owners and a facelift after being closed for about 3 years. I made one pass and needless to say, I won't be back there until they grind or repave the track surface. I've been on a lot of dirt roads that were much smoother. Nice, but small, facility...just need to address the track surface.
© 2024 Moparts Forums