Moparts

Drag Week 2016, who is in?

Posted By: JERICOGTX

Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/05/16 07:15 PM

Sitting at a 7-11 in Florida, and HEMI Joel made it! Anyone else?
Posted By: Scott58

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/05/16 07:24 PM

We got in!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/05/16 07:31 PM

My Dad and I are in!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/05/16 07:32 PM

In!

Didn't have time to read about this VIP thing they had...what was that about, just rooms for the week?
Posted By: ksj

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/05/16 08:43 PM

Hemi Joel got in and Daryl Johnson with the twin Pro Charged Duster texted me he got in.Im sure my brother and I will go and attend as usual.
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/05/16 09:35 PM

Were just going to show up.....They have never turned a car away

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/06/16 12:42 AM

Ed you bringing the Bird or Bee? Will be good to see you again.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/06/16 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
Ed you bringing the Bird or Bee? Will be good to see you again.
Jeff were bringing whatever car that's not blown up that week and 2 gallons of jack Daniel's....and a chain so i can drag josh kings green car down the road....lol

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/06/16 01:07 AM

Cant wait,

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/06/16 01:17 AM

Jeff The person with the white checker chevett with the turbos is a good friend of mine and use to be my neighbor has talked me into going this year he said he had a blast

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/06/16 02:24 AM

So your going to be a Drag Week trunk monkey? Cool!
Posted By: ross

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/06/16 03:34 PM

I'm in again for the 11th time. Best week of the year. Looking forward to seeing all my Drag Week friends again.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/07/16 02:17 AM

I still need to get on the waiting list.. but
I'll show up anyways.. even if I dont get in
I'll go along
EDIT
I heard there was issues(like last year) of
getting the site to come up
wave

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/07/16 02:50 AM

Yeah, didn't go live until like 12:05

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/07/16 03:21 AM

Anyone have the link to the waiting list
thanks
wave
Posted By: mprhound

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/07/16 04:08 AM

I am in and my nephew is in with my brother's Cuda
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/07/16 04:11 AM

I'd like to try to go on this one after reading so much about the past years in MoparBilly's posts and seeing as it's in my backyard this year. The thing I don't know is if my low 14 high 13 second small block truck would even fit anywhere and be competitive. I'm sure I could make the drive part because that's how I get to and from the track anyway. Maybe I'll get on the wait list and show up in Columbus. Do you guys think it's even worth my time in something so comparatively slow? shruggy

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/07/16 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By moparjoe360.4
I'd like to try to go on this one after reading so much about the past years in MoparBilly's posts and seeing as it's in my backyard this year. The thing I don't know is if my low 14 high 13 second small block truck would even fit anywhere and be competitive. I'm sure I could make the drive part because that's how I get to and from the track anyway. Maybe I'll get on the wait list and show up in Columbus. Do you guys think it's even worth my time in something so comparatively slow? shruggy

No you wont be competitive in any class.. but
so what.. go and have fun... I'm just gonna
show up
wave

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/07/16 04:29 AM

Shoot an email to Dragweek@hotrod.com and use WAIT LIST in the subject line.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/07/16 04:34 AM

Thanks
EDIT
Well I sent in for the waiting list...probably
about 200 by now... if I'm lucky... but I'll go
either way
wave
Posted By: Efidart

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/15/16 06:58 PM

In again, registration was extremely simple to get in like it is every year.

Either you register and do it or you just talk about it...
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/15/16 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By Efidart

any big changes for you? Hopefully the dingle balls are still holding in and the glovebox stays closed.
Posted By: Efidart

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/15/16 07:22 PM

Might reinforce the dingle balls this year...

As for the glovebox, I think I'm going to try and take 100 lbs out of it. Haven't ever looked close to take weight out of it so why not, lots of easy stuff to lighten with very little effort.

Extreme Automatics stepped up and are providing me with a 2 speed TH400 big shaft trans which will solve the trans problems. Part that broke was a Coan piece so it should make it pretty much bullet proof now.

Joe @ ProTorque also is helping me out on an EV1 torque converter so the car will not drive through the converter like it did last year.

Also need bigger injectors as I maxed the 200 LB Morans and some new fuel pumps as those are done as well.

Should be a good year as I can get a lot of testing and racing in before Drag Week this year.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/15/16 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By Efidart

Seems to be a trend with a few - I just hope they aren't taking spots away from people that actually intended on going.
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/17/16 03:30 PM

I added to wait list. If nothing else I'll be at Indy. Surely I can reassemble this engine by then, 😁

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/17/16 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By cdwmotorsports
I added to wait list. If nothing else I'll be at Indy. Surely I can reassemble this engine by then, 😁

Thats all I'm doing.. on the waiting list(I think) and
I'll show up.. even if I dont get in, I'll drive along
wave
Posted By: BBR

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/17/16 07:04 PM

I did not sign up this year. I was out of town on registration day (racing our Junkyard Wars car) and I'm not sure this will be a good year for me to be away from work in September. That could always change though.

My buddy Casey Cunningham has proposed that if we do end up going, we should just follow the route and have a good time. Sounds tempting.

Well see.
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/18/16 04:56 AM

Boone and I had early invites, so we felt obligated. Dale and Darren signed up as well. I didn't enter Rachael in a second car, but we will keep our options open. James Gilliland signed up in my old Challenger racecar, and that is a priority for Dale.
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/18/16 05:03 AM

I am a chance of tagging along, if they let me fly into your country smile
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/18/16 05:11 AM

In. Since DW15, my car has lost 140lbs. Coil over conversion in the front. New rack and pinion, tie rod heims and brakes in the front. Going CRT 904. 8" Lenny special. Been running the 9 that was behind my 493. Changed gears...again. I have gears in stock now. Crusader valved Viking shocks for the rear. Cage was certed after DW so I just need to get car back together and get a license for sub 10s.

Pretty proud, all that I have done since DW only spent net about $1k so far. Also if I can get the time to finish porting my Apache Heads they will be on there too
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/18/16 11:01 PM

I gave up when they discontinued the street legal drag radial tires....Only the pro will be available it seems. I wanted to run a set of 315's that had tread on them so I don't need to have a trailer....Heck it looks like they even discontinued the prostreet tires I ran from M&T, So I will be going with Hoosier QTP this year, and those are no good in any rain. The 605 is almost back togather as I type this.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/18/16 11:28 PM

I was running my junk today to see how it shifted
and was very happy with it... now I need to get some
miles on it... it was a bit slow on the down shift but
wasnt all that bad.. I think I have some high expectations
n how it should shift(sure isnt like the race car) but
in manual mode it did what I wanted.. in auto mode it
did what I wanted.... I'm happy
EDIT
Of course I couldnt get away free from problems
on this POS.. as I was pulling into the driveway
the top radiator hose blew off.. that hose has been
a bit of a issue.. I'm changing it now
wave

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/19/16 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By Dragula
I gave up when they discontinued the street legal drag radial tires....Only the pro will be available it seems. I wanted to run a set of 315's that had tread on them so I don't need to have a trailer....Heck it looks like they even discontinued the prostreet tires I ran from M&T, So I will be going with Hoosier QTP this year, and those are no good in any rain. The 605 is almost back togather as I type this.

I think I might take a tire groover to mine in an effort to make it less sketchy in the rain...

The other option was ponying up $$$ for new wheels and street tires. Options are limited when you're looking for 30" tall tires.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/19/16 04:40 AM

Just an FYI. Other than 2006 which had 3 days of rain the percentages say "maybe" one day of rain.The years ive gone are 2007(1 day)2011 no rain days.012 no rain,13 1 day 14 no rain and I dont think there was rain last year.If it rains Drive when you can to avoid teh rain.Makes for a long night though.Probly rain its butt off this year.LOL.
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/19/16 05:15 AM

Leaving Cordova this year. To ksj, cruising around on street tires, this qualifies as "No rain". When you are pulling a trailer with straight axle truck on a spool and M/T ET Streets...this was thirty minutes of pure terror!

Attached picture 12032019_765915533518836_7860931347584429669_n.jpg

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/19/16 08:41 AM

Some leave early. LOL

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/19/16 08:44 AM

Air them up to 50 pounds.Less contact pattern.Thats what Larry Larson does. LOL.Actually that is what he does.LOL
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/19/16 01:09 PM

im in !!!! went last year with my girl and her car turbo regal we had a blast after hurting the good motor on the dyno 10 days before dw i put togethr a back up v6 motor put it in the car and on the trailer , finished it in the tech lanes sunday morning never drove it once till monday after we raced !!!! she now holds the record for 10 yrs of drag week quickest buick and quickest v-6 now we will both go this year if all works out !!!
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/19/16 03:57 PM

You can still buy the old style 315, it discontinued but there still in stock.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/19/16 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By 572charger
im in !!!! went last year with my girl and her car turbo regal we had a blast after hurting the good motor on the dyno 10 days before dw i put togethr a back up v6 motor put it in the car and on the trailer , finished it in the tech lanes sunday morning never drove it once till monday after we raced !!!! she now holds the record for 10 yrs of drag week quickest buick and quickest v-6 now we will both go this year if all works out !!!

Hope the Charger is at DW this year Jim! See you and Lisa in September.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/23/16 10:15 PM

The waiting list numbers came out... I'm 154.. I
dont expect to see a e-mail saying I'm in but I
will show up to see if I can get in... from past
DWs... they tend to get a 20% drop out.... even if
I dont get in I will follow along with my junker as
if I were in.. I'll drag my little trailer for the
cases if I break... I'll try to play it as IF I were
in it..... of course if it doesnt break before then
wave

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt

I will check around....
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 02:17 AM

#133 on waitlist.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt

I will check around....

Went to town on mine last night. Shouldn't hurt with regard to rain. I will race on a 325/50, drive on the 315/60.

Attached picture IMAG4914.jpg

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 04:19 PM

I drive on a standard radial on drag week. The few times it has rained it has been nice to keep rolling at highway speed. This is probably the longest lasting rear tires I have ever had, almost 5000 miles on them because I only use them for drag week nothing else. (BFG Radial TA)
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 04:40 PM

OUTLAWD...is that the new ET Street radial on the left?

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 05:04 PM

Chip I think that is one he grooved up himself, should help with the rain.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 05:19 PM

Ahhh, ok. I've been wanting to see what the new 295-65 ET Street S/S looks like, but haven't been able to find a pic of one.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 05:20 PM

You realize they're still making all of the old sizes they used to right? They just came out w/ more tires in the big diameter wheel sizes and added the 315 radial Pro.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
OUTLAWD...is that the new ET Street radial on the left?

Bad340 is correct. Just cut up a old ET Street.

I searched for regular radials close to 30-31", but my spare rims are 10", so limited to the pricey sportsman radials. Jeep/truck tires could work, but I'd want them on a narrower rim. So it was buy new wheels/tires, or make do with what I have.

Re: Drag Week 2016, who is in? - 03/24/16 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda

You realize they're still making all of the old sizes they used to right? They just came out w/ more tires in the big diameter wheel sizes and added the 315 radial Pro.

Yes, the Pro has no tread to speak of, but if I were to find a sipe, I could do as he did and groove them myself maybe....or find one of the circle track guys maybe. Still have to see how the new engine will run. I did call around, and have not had any luck.
© 2024 Moparts Forums