Moparts

Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super?

Posted By: Streetwize

Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/23/16 11:34 PM

Didn't we have one at one time?

Really digging into possibly turboing this R3 block somewhere down the road, all the AWESOME tech I'm getting is either underground (Private Messaging) or (unfortunately) off other sites.

If we had one and no longer do....maybe we should resurrect it now, especially with all the Street Outlaws/ Lights Out interest within the community. I love 'All Motor' tech as much as anyone...but maybe there's enough interest in the Power adders to bring it all back to Moparts?
Posted By: 1980volare

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/23/16 11:53 PM

I'm in
Posted By: jcc

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 12:53 AM

bump I know some are put off by too many forums, I guess it lowers the traffic count and doesn't look as good to those who care, like Daytona removing seats. I personally don't care. But Maybe in my naivety, seems like turbo and superchargers are really two different breeds, although both power adders, and should each have a separate forum, to keep things straight and efficient. twocents
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 01:50 AM

I'm slowly working on a gen 3 turbo motor.
Although cool to have a forum, not a whole lot happens in the Gen 3 area except for the few same posters. I would imagine the power adder section would be the same.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 02:32 AM

I say share it all here. When the gen 3 stuff was still here it was gaining interest in that market and catching more eyes.
I am happy to read about it all here in the racing section
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 05:07 AM

There is little tech traffic on the site period............a power adder forum would be dead
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 05:11 AM

^^^^^What he said...Mopar guys don't run power-adders...

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 05:19 AM

Yeah I know theres not near as much hard core tech as there used to be in the early Moparts years. Kinda sad really.

Still, as I said, with the popularity of all the street Outlaw/275, etc, not too many "all motor" combos come to the line anymore. What would it hurt to give it a shot, In it's heyday Moparts used to SET THE TRENDS on the net, we need to get back to that twocents

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By Streetwize
Yeah I know theres not near as much hard cote tech as there used to be in the early Moparts years. Kinda sad really.
The reason that happens, is because when there is some decent tech posted, there is a relentless herd of internet know it all trolls who come along shortly thereafter and inform guys how wrong they are.
Posted By: voigtspeed

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 06:11 AM

I would love to see power adder sections!

Sadly sharing knowledge seems to make you a target for the ones that just want to win a argument so they feel special.I think that is hurting this site..

I also miss the great contributors of useful information.

The numbers are dwindling .

Thank you! To all the people left that freely share years of valuable information here for free.

If we could respectfully share our opinions things might come back around its not just on this sight its everywhere moparts was better when i first found it.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By voigtspeed
I would love to see power adder sections!

Sadly sharing knowledge seems to make you a target for the ones that just want to win a argument so they feel special.I think that is hurting this site..

I also miss the great contributors of useful information.

The numbers are dwindling .

Thank you! To all the people left that freely share years of valuable information here for free.

If we could respectfully share our opinions things might come back around its not just on this sight its everywhere moparts was better when i first found it.

Agreed
Posted By: Ian

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 09:53 AM

i would love to see a nitrous/turbo mopar tech section Monte ,it might teach people not to be afraid of gas/turbos
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 12:57 PM

I'm in...my next build is on the design board and it's probably going to be small block A body turbo, I've been all over the net looking for good info...sure would be nice to find it all here. The guy with the green 4 door self proclaimed "ugliest turbo car on the planet", seems like a wealth of self taught knowledge, would love to spend some time picking his brain. boogie

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 02:52 PM

Monte,

I hear you buddy, I remember the days when all the "hitters' would show up in the good threads and you'd have pretty much 6-7 pages of hard core USEFUL info, there would be debates and even if they got heated, they stayed respectful. I haven't always agreed wth everyone, nor them with me, but we've always maintained respect. Kinda like a bar debate, it's ok to get heated, just not Over-Heated and personal, we keep it friendly, old school style.

Longing for Net Nostalgia now....how far we've come....and (sadly) how quickly we regressed confused

I'm all for giving it a shot, at one time this site was for Mopars what the Bullet is for tech, the underground attention (it's success) I suppose drew the trolls to the party.

I finally got an awesome block I can legitimately throw some serious power too, I'm particularly interested in hearing real world experience and particularly the small tire turbo/converter/ gearing tech to come up with a great, reliable (and hopefully not too expensive) combo.

Thanks go out to my small network of PM buddy's that are helping me out! It's good we have moparts friends we can call on and I'm happy to help the scores of you who've bounced N/A combo ideas off of me, I'm always happy to help. , it's just a shame we haven't been able to share good tech publicly much any more.
Posted By: superchuck

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By MoparBilly
^^^^^What he said...Mopar guys don't run power-adders...

The bottle in my trunk isn't there to air up the tires on my mopar
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 03:15 PM

I'm kinda lost here. What are these so-called power adders you speak of. LOL. And this is from a guy that said he would never EVER use nitrous. I ate those words with hot sauce sprinkled on them.

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 03:44 PM

I like the idea of another forum, but in reality it'll never work. Why not just put it all here in the race section? There's not enough traffic here to make your thread move off the front page for a while.

There's probably like 10 guys here running nitrous, lol.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I like the idea of another forum, but in reality it'll never work. Why not just put it all here in the race section? There's not enough traffic here to make your thread move off the front page for a while.

Basically, my thought, too. There's already enough non-tech filler being posted on this forum that adding the various power-adder threads should still fit right in.

Just my twocents from the owner of an N/A car that hasn't been running since 2009... whistling
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Yeah I know theres not near as much hard cote tech as there used to be in the early Moparts years. Kinda sad really.
The reason that happens, is because when there is some decent tech posted, there is a relentless herd of internet know it all trolls who come along shortly thereafter and inform guys how wrong they are.

Trying to decide if I'm the troll, or if I'm the guy who is wrong!!

Some of the best tech I've ever gotten off of this board is when I took a hard line, dug in, stance on my beliefs about the way to do things. Then someone like Monte or fast68, or BradH refuted my stance by thoroughly explaining that there was a better way to do it, instead of just attacking me or my approach.

If you look at Drag Week as a snap shot of the Mopar guys, 90% are in the N/A classes.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 04:12 PM

Hate to say it and like Pittsburgh Racer never thought I would,but Facebook is your friend as it has a wealth of knowledge from all brands...Biggest plus is all the sub groups like All Mopar Heads up 10.5...RWD boosted Mopar...TurboBullet...NitrousBullet...NitrousTech along with way more than I can list...Also it's crazy how much stuff is fore sale on it !!

I was like most and said I would never do but when it became easier to keep up with my out of town kids & grandchildren I gave it a try and also found a whole new world !!

Plus you would be surprised at who all is there...Times do change !!

Attached picture Fish Dragzine.jpg
Attached picture Fish111.jpg

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 04:59 PM

Well the simple reason I don't post it here is because since not many do Power adder it tends to bump down to page 2 or 3 within hours and then it gets ignored. But It's like anything else, it's not because people aren't INTERESTED in it, it's just like having to dig through the rest of the 'Classified Ads' to find anything of interest, after a while you migrate to another forum.

I think if there were a separate Forum, and you gave it a little time to mature, it might get a following and help draw people from other sites to it and then it becomes a place that draws attention. Look at it another way....Why would any other NEW Mopar Power adder enthusiasts be drawn specifically to 'MoParts Race Only"....if there's no (or very little) content for them? But if there was a specific place to visit and contribute, maybe they would.

Just an observation I've seen on other sites....once the prevailing tone of a website goes from being predominantly positive (and looking to make itself better) to predominantly negative, it's days are generally numbered.

Gary (Unlawful) for those of us who knew him, was a Very Upbeat and positive guy, very enthusiastic, and was for anything that would bring Mopar guys together.... I think he would have been for it as a sub-heading of the Race only forum. twocents

What's the big deal? It's a couple of lines of code partition and it's also (if it's cultivated properly) an Opportunity for Tom to draw power-adder Sponsors to the site.

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 05:03 PM

Trying to decide if I'm the troll, or if I'm the guy who is wrong!!

Some of the best tech I've ever gotten off of this board is when I took a hard line, dug in, stance on my beliefs about the way to do things. Then someone like Monte or fast68, or BradH refuted my stance by thoroughly explaining that there was a better way to do it, instead of just attacking me or my approach.

If you look at Drag Week as a snap shot of the Mopar guys, 90% are in the N/A classes.

Who cares if you are "wrong". That is the likely source of this problem. Someone can have all the accolades, trophies, buddies, large posse, etc, and still be incorrect on any single one crucial point, But egos, reputation, unwillingness to weigh the arguments presented, etc get egos bruised. It's easy to side with the best debater, but that doesn't really get to the truth of the matter. Just saying something is true, or you have done it that way forever, or your good luck has never proven you wrong, etc, might be enough for some, but its no need to call others names, belittle, when you can't or will not make the effort to make a countercase, point by point. Besides, when you do, interested others on the sidelines benefit, and they then can make their own decision and path to take.

Einstein said you only really know a topic when you can explain it to your grandmother.

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 05:20 PM

I think your best bet is to start a post and hopefully guys will join in. If it gets enough interest (post hits) possibly PM one of the Mods or Tom to see if they can sticky the post like the SS post at the top of the page. Hits show interest, interest makes advertising dollars. Keep it clean and on-point.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 05:56 PM

I always used tmf
http://www.theturboforums.com/

no matter the make, the JY or DIY stuff there is very useful. My turbo build got a lot more attention there vs on here.

I don't know a lot vs the pros, but I do know more than 99% of people on the
internet because I built my own turbo car and have kept it running for 5yrs.

=)
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By furious70
I always used tmf

no matter the make, the JY or DIY stuff there is very useful. My turbo build got a lot more attention there vs on here.

=)

The only problem I see with that forum, is you get so many dreamers posting fantasy builds that never get out of the gate. For every 100 posters there are probably 1 actual build. While there is some good, first hand tech knowledge there, it does take a while to weed through the pie in the sky to get to the real deal.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
I always used tmf

=)

The only problem I see with that forum, is you get so many dreamers posting fantasy builds that never get out of the gate. For every 100 posters there are probably 1 actual build. While there is some good, first hand tech knowledge there, it does take a while to weed through the pie in the sky to get to the real deal.

that's why you only read the ones that have got up and running =)
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 06:26 PM

So many sources available these days, I hate to say it but I'll probably end up on Facebook before long.. thought about just making a page for my stuff and racing, don't really care about most of the social aspects
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 06:49 PM

I read a bunch in the Tech sections of Yellow Bullet and Turbo Bullet. I don't have FB, but will probably give in one day.

Ray
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 08:14 PM

I always used tmf

=)

4 truth
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/24/16 11:22 PM

I think we had a turbo forum at one time but it was used so little I think it went away? shruggy

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/25/16 12:52 AM

OMG, I forgot... I HAVE a turbo car... and it even has a mini-Six Pack scoop on it! Bring on the Turbo Forum!

Oh, wait... never mind. whistling

Attached picture 20WRX02.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/25/16 01:00 AM

At least that one probably runs.... whistling

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/25/16 01:00 AM

eek

Whoa... I sure as He11 wasn't expecting to see my name brought up. grin

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/25/16 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By tboomer
At least that one probably runs.... whistling

Seven days a week! drumhit
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/25/16 02:12 AM

Burn and learn.......lol

Put in your time and you learn what NOT to do.....

Why not just ask on here....?

The biggest problem with tuning is, you ask one question.....you get 10 different types of methods....lol
Posted By: Greg Bentley

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/25/16 03:07 AM

Turbos
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/25/16 03:22 AM

Yeah, the turbo section here was largely ignored. Nobody here ever would believe the power levels that could be made with turbos. The people who did make the power gave free advice elsewhere, as there were always the disbelievers who thought it was all lies, or voodoo magic.
Now... you're all late to the show. Playing catch up is never fun.
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/25/16 03:43 PM

we've all read about the power added from proper pinion angle, we could have a section for that....

There are a lot of myth that have been floating around forever that very few people try to debunk and the folks that do, arent sharing here.

I say the folks that want this new section should go build it, learn some stuff, and report back. Thats what I plan to do.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/27/16 06:33 PM

I always try to answer any turbo threads. I am not the end all/be all of knowledge, but I'm always willing to help share what I do know.

Anyone who has questions should always feel free to PM me, or point me to their thread with a PM and I'll jump in to help...no matter how far down it falls from the first page!

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/28/16 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By dizuster
I always try to answer any turbo threads.

Yes you do. up
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/28/16 01:51 AM

I have a turbo build planned for three engine from now. Lots of information to be had from a few of the tried and true members here. The nitrous stuff is a little more tricky from what I am learning. Just packaging all of that stuff and getting the correct fuel system is clear as mud.

That said I just ordered $500 worth of stuff to finish my nitrous system and am making up a box to run it on the dyno. Another added cost to the entire equation that we never considered. Then again, maybe engine builders in other areas of the coutry have things like dyno headers and a way to wire/control the solenoids and purge (I'd love to hear from you lol).
Posted By: rdakota340

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/28/16 05:13 AM

I'm in for the turbo section even though I'm on the turbo forum a lot. There are very few on here.

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/28/16 07:46 AM

Nitrous, like anything else is pretty easy to set up and use. Just need good info and a good plan
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/28/16 05:54 PM

There was a power adder forum at one time, and it was completely dead. That was maybe 3-4 years ago? Virtually no traffic at all.

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/28/16 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By not_a_charger
There was a power adder forum at one time, and it was completely dead. That was maybe 3-4 years ago? Virtually no traffic at all.

That's kinda why I suggested a STICKY at the top of the Unlawfull section.

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/28/16 06:36 PM

Nitrous, like anything else is pretty easy to set up and use. Just need good info and a good plan

The problem with the nitrous world is a) everything is a big secret, b) there isn't much in the way of clear explanation from the vendors other than vague directions and crappy wiring diagrams (no AWG spec, etc.), and c) there are a million little gadgets that you have to wade your way through to get the system together.

Tell that to the people that look after the Holley/NOS web page lol.

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/29/16 03:30 AM

You have to talk to the RIGHT people
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/29/16 06:36 AM

I can use all the help I can get panic

Re: Moparts Power adder forum? one For N20 one for Turbo/Super? - 02/29/16 04:53 PM

You have to talk to the RIGHT people

Well, my solenoids do say "Monte Smith Racing" on them...
© 2024 Moparts Forums