Moparts

Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts??

Posted By: wkroncke17

Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 12:21 AM

All,
Looking for opinions on Unlimited Products Fiberglass?
I'm particularly looking at the Street weight (Bolt on) Demon hood w/6 pack scoop.
The price seems reasonable, if its worth it.
Thanks ahead of time,

Wally.

Attached picture Glass hood.jpg
Posted By: Mopar_racer_99

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 12:33 AM

They are heavy, be ready to do body work to make it straight.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 01:15 AM

If you can live with a pin on my brother has a reinforced vfn for sale right here in Wisconsin.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By wkroncke17
All,
Looking for opinions on Unlimited Products Fiberglass?
I'm particularly looking at the Street weight (Bolt on) Demon hood w/6 pack scoop.
The price seems reasonable, if its worth it.
Thanks ahead of time,

Wally.

Call em, ask 4 Kevin and tell him I sent ya...........
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 01:58 AM

I have an Unlimited glass hood and an AAR/Stinger glass trunk lid, the difference in quality is like night and day, the AAR/Stinger is by far superior

Attached picture IMG_0565.jpg
Posted By: GY3

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 02:33 AM

There was a big thread on YB about Unlimited.

While some had claimed the quality was better, the reinforcements under the hood looked like they were made of paper towel cardboard centers in the pics I saw.
Posted By: D-50

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 03:49 AM

I had a AAR bolt on hood on my Demon.

Attached picture Demon 2 001.jpg
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 04:12 AM

I have a bolt on cowl hood for my 68 satellite from unlimited. No major complaints. I blocked it and straightened it out a bit, and fixed some "chips" here and there, but I think that's pretty much to be expected.

It's light enough to be easily maneuverable lifting it horizontally out in front of me, and I'm no power lifter.

I am totally happy with the hood, price, and delivery.

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 06:33 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
I had a AAR bolt on hood on my Demon.

Wow!! Gorgeous Demon.
How is the quality of the AAR? Did it need any straightening/body work?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 06:42 AM

I'll be going with a lightweight Unlimited hood eventually.... I got their front bumper and it was really nice accompanied by the aluminum Lingenfelter Brackets.

http://lingenfeltersbrackets.com/
Posted By: CSK

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 07:04 AM

the bolt on unlimited hood I got was the worst junk hood i have ever seen, bought the lighter springs they said i needed, bolted the hood on & after a short time open it started bending in half, 650.00 junk!!!!!!

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By csk
the bolt on unlimited hood I got was the worst junk hood i have ever seen, bought the lighter springs they said i needed, bolted the hood on & after a short time open it started bending in half, 650.00 junk!!!!!!

WHoa!! Not what I wanted to hear!
I suppose $650 for the AAR hood I'm looking at will be a much better decision than the $479 one from Unlimited!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 04:31 PM

i used Unlimited many moons ago.total crap.But have heard good things about them lately.a freind just got a new hood from them and it wasnt bad and the price was rite.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By csk

How long ago was this?
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 04:55 PM

Got 2 6 pac hoods pin on..one for the Demon and one for the Duster...can not complaint about them...

got several of their bumpers...

all the parts were bought in the last couple of years..

One AAR/Stinger bumpers on my demon.....JUNK>..
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 05:32 PM

All bolt on body parts on my 'Cuda are Unlimited. I lift the hood off myself, and I pull the whole nose as an assembly off by myself also. I thought the hood could be a little lighter, but it was set up for hinges, at the time. Needed minor fill on the passenger door, trunk could use a reinforcement bar to keep it straight in the direct sun. Other than that, I am real happy with it. Bought my setup back around '85. Still holding up fine.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By Bad340fish
Originally Posted By csk

How long ago was this?

Posted By: bracketcharger

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 09:51 PM

Has anyone used VFN. I'm considering a VFN hood for my charger.
Posted By: maximus

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 11:11 PM

I've had good experience with vfn fiberglass years ago. Little sanding required, good fit. Unlimited was JUNK every time I used them in the past. Never again.

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/23/16 11:27 PM

Sooo.....Some good,some bad.
While we're on the subject, how about Glasstek?
I really appreciate everyone's input!!

Wally.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/24/16 01:15 AM

I had a bunch of Glasstek stuff for a Duster. It was all very nice.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/24/16 02:20 AM

I got a challenger TA style scoop from Unlimited a few years back and it was very nice and didn't need much work at all to look good. I wasn't going for light weight though... it was just a scoop, but a large one. I called a few times to push them to get it done, didn't take too long.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/24/16 05:16 AM

Price wise Glasstek is right there with everybody else. The difference is that your bodyman will love you after seeing the parts.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/24/16 05:38 AM

I have Glasstek bumpers and they look good and are light.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/24/16 08:43 AM

I've bought two 1970 Cuda race weight hoods with two different tunnel ram scoops for my Cuda, both hoods where excellent on fit and finish from Unlimited on Thumperdarts recommendationupOp, I bought a Two Duster race weight hoods from Fibreglas trends years ago and I molded in some aluminum angle in the rear of those hoods to make it bolt up and work on the stock Duster hnges with no springs, that worked good also work scope

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/24/16 08:45 PM

Ok, how about we throw another one into the mix......
How about USbody Source?
They look decent, and have good shipping.
I've probably made up my mind, I just want to be 100% sure as this is the first fiberglass part I've ever bought!!
Thanks again to everyone!!

Wally.
Posted By: maximus

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/24/16 10:50 PM

Just spent 3 months last summer straightening a pair of fenders from US Source. I will never use their product again.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/24/16 11:47 PM

I had one of unlimited T/A bolt on hoods years ago it was nice,what I did like was the attention to detail just prime/painted. thumbs
Posted By: Sedanman

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/25/16 01:10 AM

Glasstek is the owner from VFN's son. I have heard good stuff about both and I have a VFN hood and it's pretty good quality but I also supplied the the hood for the mold. I have seen a few others with the same hood and they have been very pleased. I also live 10 minutes from VFN so i can be picky.
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/25/16 01:48 AM

I had Unlimited Products fenders and trunk lid plus a Harwood hood on my Dart. Quality was so so on all. Unlimited had used cardboard tubes for reinforcing the trunk which still had a big dip in it. Harwood had cut the one edge of the hood wrong. While my Dart was in the body shop, it was in a wreck. (LOOONNNNGGG story.) Had to replace all the glass parts. Trunk lid was spidered all over, Driver's fender had a huge chunk out of it, the hood was spider webbed. The pass. fender was ok, but I figured if I got one new one, I may as well get a pair.

I bought all Glasstek stuff. What a difference. My bodyman couldn't believe the quality of the Glasstek stuff. He had to do very little work to get it ready for paint vs. the amount of time he had wrapped up in the other stuff.
Posted By: 590 Challenger

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 02/27/16 03:16 PM

I bought my hood, deck lid, doors and valances from Glasstech, I highly recommend them. Fenders were from somewhere else (don't remember) Glasstech stuff as nicer

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/26/16 05:57 AM

Went to Glasstek in Naperville IL. today.
What a group of nice guys.
Got the dime tour, although not much to see except A LOT of molds for darn near everything you can think of, it was very impressive to me.
It's a horrible dirty messy job to make fiberglass parts, so I didn't stay long where the actual process was taking place, but looking at all of the pieces that were made for stock or display was cool, and simple to tell the quality and craftsmanship put into each piece.
So I ordered a bolt on hood for my Demon with the standard height 6 pack hood scoop.
Cash deal, each piece is custom made per order, I'll pick it up in 6-8 weeks (busy time of year) pay when I pick it up, they deal on a handshake.
If I go with anything fiberglass ever, it will only be from Glasstek.
Posted By: dart games

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/26/16 06:40 AM

I brought bumpers from unlimited fiberglass last year,biggest trash I ever seen
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/26/16 06:45 AM

Its all about the molds... anyone can lay down the
mat and resin to make a nice part
wave

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/26/16 07:10 AM

Unlimited front bumper here.... got it last year. Painted and installed. I'm getting a rear bumper from them and also am going to get a lighter hood w/t cowl from them. Present hood is a VFN and it's HEAVY!

Hanging the bumpers on these nice aluminum brackets:

http://lingenfeltersbrackets.com/

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/26/16 02:56 PM

J Body. That bumper looks nice. I have all Unlimited body parts, too. I need some new bumper brackets. Thanks for the link to Lingenfelter Brackets. That stuff is trick. Getting in contact with them this weekend.

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/26/16 03:20 PM

Jeffs just a mopar guy that made a couple sets for some people and it kind of took off. Just something he does on the side in his garage. Nice stuff and they fit!
Posted By: camdog440

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/26/16 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
Jeffs just a mopar guy that made a couple sets for some people and it kind of took off. Just something he does on the side in his garage. Nice stuff and they fit!

How much does he charge for a set of brackets? They look nice!

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/26/16 06:13 PM

Go online. They vary. Prices are pretty reasonable. Sells aluminum cage bolt kits and aluminum fender supports also.
Posted By: Wedgeman

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/27/16 05:11 PM

AAR fiberglass without hesitation !
perfect parts
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/27/16 05:40 PM

I have Unlimited, VFN and I think maybe one piece from Glastek on my Demon and have had it all since 2003. All of it is holding up ok aside from the abuse I have put on it. I have fenders, hood, deck lid and both bumpers all 'glass.

Lower valance panel VFN
Fenders and hood are for sure Unlimited

I'll look through receipts and find out for sure what all I have
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Unlimited Products Fiberglass parts?? - 03/27/16 09:16 PM

Glasstek front on my Challenger... awesome! VFN hood and dash, good to very good! Unlimited doors and deck lid......TRASH! They are old though, hopefully their QC has improved.
© 2024 Moparts Forums