Moparts

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!!

Posted By: cudadon

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/05/16 09:08 PM

I search for gm alternator mounts and I get EVERYTHING from john force to leaf springs.
How can that be relevant to my search?
Don
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/05/16 09:10 PM

Whats wrong with it.. other than it SUCKS.. always
has
wave
Posted By: bonefish

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/05/16 09:15 PM

the only way I can search this site is thru the google search at the top of the page.it will take you to old posts on a subject your interested in.

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/05/16 09:18 PM

you're right mike!
I got NOTHING relevant on 3 diff. searches, I hate it.
Saw something about GM 1 wire mounting 2-6 months ago. I guess I will have to look page by page if I want to find it?!
Don
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/05/16 09:26 PM

Try this

Google Search on Moparts

Posted By: mopar dave

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/05/16 11:01 PM

I agree. Hasn't been worth a sh!t since the site was changed up. Used to work fine before that.
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 12:14 AM

What? You don't like reading 10 pages of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING concerning your search question? fan
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 01:01 AM

LOL! I hear ya.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By bonefish
the only way I can search this site is thru the google search at the top of the page.it will take you to old posts on a subject your interested in.

This is how I do it, it took me many years to figure that out unfortunately. If you're looking into pinion angle you can do a google search on "Moparts pinion angle" for example.

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By ProSport

This is how I do it, it took me many years to figure that out unfortunately. If you're looking into pinion angle you can do a google search on "Moparts pinion angle" for example.
it works but its very limited.ive tried to find certain threads that don't come up on the goog but for the most part it works OK.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 05:47 AM

My computer hates this site. It constantly freezes, displays continuous "secure content" messages and is slow. ONLY happens on this site, so doubt it's the computer
Posted By: plycuda

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 05:58 AM

Mine does the same thing. Locks up my cell phone also
Posted By: BloFish

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 04:16 PM

Preface every search with MOPARTS.
Posted By: keefe

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
My computer hates this site. It constantly freezes, displays continuous "secure content" messages and is slow. ONLY happens on this site, so doubt it's the computer

It slows and locks my computer also...

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 10:36 PM

I really don't have any problems with Moparts on my super old Dell computer or my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.
But one thing I did with my computer was to eliminate any anti-virus programs that were installed, it was making my computer move super slow and freeze-up all the time.
I read a thread somewhere, I think Yellowbullet, that had a ton of people say that the anti-virus stuff just causes problems. I got rid of it 2 years ago and my computer has been great ever since.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/06/16 10:38 PM

you know the search function sucks when you see posts that have been beaten to death over the years and nobody says "use the search feature!!!!".... we all know it blows laugh2

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/07/16 05:49 AM

same thing here,this site and RACING JUNK give my computer fits.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/07/16 06:04 AM

I really don't have any problems with Moparts on my super old Dell computer or my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.
But one thing I did with my computer was to eliminate any anti-virus programs that were installed, it was making my computer move super slow and freeze-up all the time.
I read a thread somewhere, I think Yellowbullet, that had a ton of people say that the anti-virus stuff just causes problems. I got rid of it 2 years ago and my computer has been great ever since.

Did the same to all our computers....much faster, no freeze ups, no virus's and this site works great....the search does suck though.

Rickster

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/07/16 05:50 PM

Thanks BF that worked!
Don

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/07/16 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By Bad340fish

Thanks google did what I wanted!
Don

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/07/16 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By rickstershemi

Did the same to all our computers....much faster, no freeze ups, no virus's and this site works great....the search does suck though.

Rickster
THIS site is the only one I have that issue with. Plus the log in doesn't work right, so there is some kind of issue with the sites software
Posted By: Benforsp

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/07/16 08:48 PM

I had some trouble with the search also, but it works okay for me now. I think you have to know a couple of search commands. If you just put in each word and hit search, it will return every post that has ANY of those words. If you want to look for a specific set of words or terms then you need to use quotes around the terms. For example, instead of looking for Holley fuel pump you would search for "Holley fuel pump". The latter should bring back only posts with that specific phrase. If you are looking for a few different words to be more specific you put pluses between the words. For example, if you want to find trunk mount battery you would search trunk+mount+battery. This will look for all three of those words and return posts that contain all three of those words. Sometimes you can be too specific and will need to try fewer words to get more post returns. It works for me! Hope it helps.

Simon

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/08/16 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By rickstershemi

Rickster
THIS site is the only one I have that issue with. Plus the log in doesn't work right, so there is some kind of issue with the sites software

I have to Log back in every so often...??? But it's not a big deal.

Rickster
Posted By: astjp2

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/08/16 06:32 AM

I have to login every time I restart firefox or IE, on both my home computer and my work one....but its all good because the mods tell us it is...
Posted By: justinp61

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/08/16 02:44 PM

^^^ Mine does the same thing, only on this site. The search is almost useless.

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/08/16 07:28 PM

I have to login EVERY time, plus you click on "save" login information, it never lets you in. The serviceability of the site went to crap, whenever they changed it to whatever format that has the ads all over the place trying to sell you diet pills or whatever else
Posted By: tboomer

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/08/16 08:56 PM

If it makes you guys feel any better I have to log in each time too. As far as the search I use Google.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/08/16 11:41 PM

Since the upgrade I have to log in multiple times in one viewing of this site. If I go to the swap section I get booted out almost every time I change to a different page mad This only happens in the swap section and no where else on this site. Also I can hardly ever see the pics posted and just little squares and once again only in the swap section. Not a fan since the so called upgrade..........

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/08/16 11:48 PM

What browser do you use Russ? I'm using Firefox on my computer and I use Chrome on my phone. They seem to work fine.

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH SEARCH ON THIS SITE???!!! - 02/09/16 02:45 AM

I use Chrome and I rarely ever have to Login just once and a while and that's a little strange...???

Rickster
© 2024 Moparts Forums