Moparts

Small block oil pan question

Posted By: JSR1485

Small block oil pan question - 01/03/16 01:39 AM

What is better to use in a Bracket car ?
Kevko M301 pan?
I have old Super Stock style pan with the tie rod tube or should I get a Stefs or Charlie's pan? or Milodon?

What do you guys use?
Posted By: ccarson

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/03/16 01:49 AM

I use a rear sump 8 qt Milodon truck pan.

But I dont have the stock K member and Recirculating ball steering to contend with.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/03/16 02:01 AM

I have 2 kevco pans I like the kickout they have. I would think the stefs or Charlie's would fit better
Posted By: D-50

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/03/16 02:11 AM

I am using the Kevco M301 pan. It is a 6 qt. I shift at 6800 and use a stock oil pump.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/04/16 07:00 PM

Gotta pay close attentionto header clearance. There may be issues with the old SS pan with drag link hole and seems like not worth the extra work to R&R. The Milodon 8 qt. prevents some headers from fitting (Notch in K-member to clear the right/front corner of the pan helps R&R also.), but TTI is one that does fit well. I believe their 7 qt. pans solve any header clearance issues.

I have the Miloddon 8 qt. on my 360 in the pic with scraper and stock pump.

How is your ground clearance? Milodon 8 qt. is a bit shallower than a Moroso 8 qt. and likely the SS pan. Their 7 qt. is even better.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/04/16 08:09 PM

Header clearance was a real problem on my kevco with my hooker headers. I had to modify the pan and move header tubes.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/04/16 08:22 PM

I run Milodon 8 quart pans and have to section the passengers side to clear my Hedman's.
Posted By: JSR1485

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/04/16 09:46 PM

I have no problem with the Kevko pan and header clearance ,
Myron your right about the SS pan it is a P I N A to pull the engine with it.
The only reason I was thinking of the SS pan was the pickup for it runs straight down and the pickup area is boxed in with some trap doors
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/05/16 12:49 AM

I had a Milodon that the center link went thru, looked cool but was a pia when pulling the motor. Milodon makes another one but the way it kicks out on both sides would be a problem for my Tubular Automotive headers as they are close to the oil pan. I 've had the Moroso 8 qt. on my past three motors as well as my new 408.

Attached picture IMG_0565.jpg
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/05/16 03:16 AM

Moroso here, TTI headers,stock steering
Posted By: perfmachst

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/07/16 09:32 AM

the pan off a Dakota pickup 318 fits , rear sump style.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/08/16 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By JSR1485
What is better to use in a Bracket car ?
Kevko M301 pan?
I have old Super Stock style pan with the tie rod tube or should I get a Stefs or Charlie's pan? or Milodon?

What do you guys use?
I run an 8 qt Milodon in my late B. Had to make a slight mod to the K member. Headers fit fine.

Attached picture pan mod.jpg
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/09/16 03:26 AM

I run the Milodon 8 qt. in my 69 Dart with TTI headers and all stock suspension, all good but as Myron said the stock K frame needs a notch on the right side.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Small block oil pan question - 01/09/16 06:12 AM

Same here with the Milodon and TTI headers, no complaints.
© 2024 Moparts Forums