Moparts

oil pressure problem

Posted By: Bigbeep

oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 05:58 AM

Well I found my oil pressure problem. LOL
Have to have some fun with the outcome of a bad situation.

Attached picture classic 2015.jpg
Attached picture 1214151645a.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 06:19 AM

Well that pan it trash.. how about the headers..
what else did you tear up.. by the way.. thats a
BIG wheelie
wave
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 06:35 AM

Well, the pic is a keeper. Hope the car didn't get hurt too bad.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 06:53 AM

On the MFen bumper lol

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 06:55 AM

Headers are fine. Lots of little things got damaged. Rear valance, inner fenderwells both are tweaked, hood got cracked where it flexed and hit the fuel line into the barrel valve, front valance flexed and bent, knocked one of the headlights out of the adjusters, header panel slipped out of place as all the dzus fasteners up front connect to it. The worst things are the pan, frame rail on the passenger side got bent upward along with the strut bar on that side, idler arm mount got bent upwards as well.

Was planning on back halfing it with a 4 link and a good set of wheelie bars this winter to address these big dumb wheelies. Been pulling timing at the hit, but obviously I ramped it back in too soon with the mineshaft air we had at the Halloween classic. That wheelie was the first time trial on the sunday warm up race.

Now I think I will be doing both ends of the car this winter if the money holds out. Beep

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 07:00 AM

Originally Posted By sgcuda
Well, the pic is a keeper. Hope the car didn't get hurt too bad.

That's all those big wheelies are good for,......Pictures!

As for the car, its fixable. Not cheap, but fixable. I think it will be the old racers adage now. Fix it faster, better, safer. Beep
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 07:12 AM

Glad I'm not a wheelie type of guy. If my car does wheelies I fix it before it cost me money. Usually going faster in the process.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 08:57 AM

One of the comments I heard at one of the old Mopar Drag race seminars made by one of the Mopar chassis gurus was that if the front tars are off the ground, no matter how high, all of the cars weight is on the hind tars work grin I look for 1/2 inch off the ground on the front tires for a short distance, maybe a tiny bit higher but not much twocents
I'm sorry you damaged your car that bad shruggy My current E body Cuda carrys the front tires about three inches off for several feet,less than 60 ft., and then puts them back down, it is a lot easier to steer that way whistling grin
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 05:53 PM

Tough luck John nice wheelie though. Get back together see you at the track

Attached picture IMG_20151102_200152_195.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20130830_190736_266.jpg
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 07:35 PM

Bad luck..........Not that it matters, but probably should have been putting timing IN instead of taking it out. Wheelie like that is caused by zero wheel speed and a dead hooked tire, rotating pinion around ring gear
Posted By: cudadon

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 08:49 PM

Yeah in this pic I came down good, with power on!
I told my buddy Dave "I hope they got that pic. Because I don't want to do it again!"
Later it dead hooked and wasn't going straight so it HAD to come down WITHOUT full power. Wheelie bars came next.
Don

Attached picture wheelie @ Byron 2012.jpg
Posted By: cudadon

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 08:52 PM

much better!
Don

Attached picture race 4-27-14.jpg
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 09:45 PM

Uh...Beep, why are you selling those red wheelie bars? Don't you think you might be able to use them? They look good with your headlights.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 10:05 PM

I've got a few of those oil pans,changed out 3 in 3 weeks , finally got rid of the 90/10 shocks , went to stock Monro which keeps the wheelies manageable.
Posted By: BuckeyeBrawler

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/02/16 11:15 PM

John, Monte is right keep it from dead hooking ! G78 14 bias plys should do it. LOL. I just ordered mine from Coker, I sprung for the red lines !! up drive
Posted By: rebel

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/03/16 12:11 AM

I've given my pan a beating too but mine was repairable. I fitted some pan saving sacrificial anodes to the K frame. So far they're working well.

Attached picture 20160103_110103.jpg
Posted By: justinp61

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/03/16 01:39 AM

Uh...Beep, why are you selling those red wheelie bars? Don't you think you might be able to use them? They look good with your headlights.

That's what I was thinking, looks like they should've been on the car. LOL

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/03/16 03:09 AM

They look real sweet with the headlights. Problem is the caltracs don't care for them too much. Car unloads tire immediately then will porpoise till I lift. Very hard on the tranny. They were actually at the trailer for sale when that wheelstand happened. Beep
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: oil pressure problem - 01/03/16 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By Bigbeep

They look real sweet with the headlights. Problem is the caltracs don't care for them too much. Car unloads tire immediately then will porpoise till I lift. Very hard on the tranny. They were actually at the trailer for sale when that wheelstand happened. Beep
. Went threw the same problem wheel stand cost me a lot of Money. Smh
© 2024 Moparts Forums