Moparts

NEW STREET RACE SHOW

Posted By: Thumperdart

NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 07:56 PM

Anyone catch that new show Red Devil something or another last night? Sorry, don`t know the exact name but it`s WAY more realistic and affordable that Street Outlaws...........
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 07:57 PM

I saw an ad for it, but didn't catch what network. Any good?
Posted By: GY3

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 08:01 PM

Appalachian Outlaws grin

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 08:01 PM

I like it and these guys DRIVE their cars to race not trailer em and before I get bashed, I like Street Outlaws but lets face it, VERY few have cars of that caliber let alone drive/race em on the street.......

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By GY3
Appalachian Outlaws grin
Did you see those welds on the turbo repair............. laugh2
Posted By: GY3

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Originally Posted By GY3
Appalachian Outlaws grin
Did you see those welds on the turbo repair............. laugh2

My favorite part was the guy explaining how Nitrous works. My 10 year-old girl could do a better job...
Posted By: KDY

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 08:15 PM

Those guys are local to me and I was actually at the filming for the last race in the episode.. They are good people and definitely not dumb as most people on YB are saying..

The producer is not car savvy in the least. He made them hold the cars up on the converter for a good 45s to get "the perfect shot" before He let the camera man bang the light. It was painful to watch. Rusty puked the tranny fluid out of the GN about the 330 because of it.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 08:15 PM

I did a search...... Which came up with "Appalachian outlaws" as being a show about growing gensing.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 09:05 PM

I saw it was on and recorded it. I will watch it this afternoon.
Posted By: bracketcharger

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 09:06 PM

What network is that show on ?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 09:18 PM

Red Devil Racers on the Discovery channel. Not bad, more realistic as far as street cars go, but there was a lot of "show" for one real quick and not exciting race at the end. The dude w/ the blue Z28 is annoying.
Hey, it's another show on TV about cool cars. I'll watch it.
Posted By: JSR1485

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Red Devil Racers on the Discovery channel. Not bad, more realistic as far as street cars go, but there was a lot of "show" for one real quick and not exciting race at the end. The dude w/ the blue Z28 is annoying.
Hey, it's another show on TV about cool cars. I'll watch it.

I agree, I would rather watch some of these Car shows , then some of the other Trash/Drama that is on
Posted By: justinp61

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 09:54 PM

I can't find a listing for it.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
I can't find a listing for it.

https://www.facebook.com/DevilsnDust/

What chevy guys think about the show. LOL

http://ls1tech.com/forums/racer-s-lounge/1815096-red-devil-racers-tv-show-official-thread.html
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 10:31 PM

While it was somewhat refreshing to see real everyday low-buck cars, reality is that I can see that by walking out to my garage. Personally, I found those guys to come across like a band of idiots. Perhaps they're not, but that's the way the show came across to me. Count me in the camp of guys that basically watched in horror with the thought that all of America is seeing this and honing their opinion on car guys.

If the producers didn't know jack about cars, then the guys in the show should have taken a little more ownership of their own brand, and demanded the show present a little more intelligent approach to things.

And for gods sake.... taking a mig welder to a tube covered in exhaust wrap.... [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]!? Am I the only guy that was thinking "if its cracked in one spot, you better remove that wrap and check the rest of it".

The whole thing was low rent in my book.
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/29/15 10:39 PM

LMAO, It's on Discovery Channel.

Ray
Posted By: V10nacuda

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 12:51 AM

Must be a limited release type show because I couldn't find it on my cable system. Plus I could not find it on Discovery Channel's website.
Posted By: BradH

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By 66 Belvedere

I saw a preview for another race-oriented show on good ol' Discovery Channel. It's called "Fish Outlaws" and the preview showed a mermaid with a Megalodon going up against a manatee with a stingray. The manatee was asking for "10 fins and the bite", but the Megalodon still ate him (and the stingray) alive by the 330 mark.

whistling
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 02:26 AM

Just watched it on youtube...well, I had it playing as I was trying to be productive...ha

1. Not sure how you have a "daily driver" that rubs the tires that bad and you don't notice it.
2. Not sure how you can swap a NA/N2O carb to a blow through application, with no modifications, and have it work better.
3. If you are loosing a ton of boost, sure, throw some spray at it.
4. Race bucket mounted to some aluminum sheetmetal?

I get the whole grassroots thing, but seriously...

Good for them though. If someone wanted to make a show about me visiting my mom and making 7 second passes in my street car, I'd be all over it too I guess.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 03:08 AM

I've got it DVR'd. I'll watch it tomorrow, but I now have very low expectations.

Dennis

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWD
Just watched it on youtube...well, I had it playing as I was trying to be productive...ha

1. Not sure how you have a "daily driver" that rubs the tires that bad and you don't notice it.
2. Not sure how you can swap a NA/N2O carb to a blow through application, with no modifications, and have it work better.
3. If you are loosing a ton of boost, sure, throw some spray at it.
4. Race bucket mounted to some aluminum sheetmetal?

I get the whole grassroots thing, but seriously...

Good for them though. If someone wanted to make a show about me visiting my mom and making 7 second passes in my street car, I'd be all over it too I guess.

I get what you`re saying and there`s Hollywood in just about everything on TV these days but although a bit back woods, it was entertaining.......
Posted By: plycuda

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 03:28 AM

if you have xfinity type in red and scroll down and its in there you can watch it. it's different
Posted By: shorthorse

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 03:33 AM

This stuff is getting out of hand. Sure, I street raced back in the 60's but the cars were much slower. We did it on the main drag with cars and people around. Such is the stupidity of youth. I race on the track now.
I'm not talking about the guys that might show up on TV with a caged car, safety equipment, blocked off streets and EMT's off camera. I'm talking about the wannabes, the inexperienced, the unsafe, the idiots. I love cars and I love racing but not enough to blindly endorse these Bozos.

http://abc3340.com/news/local/3-dead-after-drag-racing-accident

http://abc7news.com/news/family-friends-mourn-loss-of-3-teens-killed-during-sj-street-race/1032453/
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 05:28 AM

These will be the guys that f______ it up for everyone.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 05:42 AM

Interesting show, I raced my car when it was faster then those on the street. It's definitely not street outlaws. I will watch if it fits in my schedule but won't make time for it like I do for SO.
Posted By: mphsmitch

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 06:02 AM

I loved the guy wearing the fire jacket,helmet and shorts. I was wondering about the switching the carb off the nitrous car to the blow thru turbo car.
Posted By: D-50

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By mphsmitch
I loved the guy wearing the fire jacket,helmet and shorts. I was wondering about the switching the carb off the nitrous car to the blow thru turbo car.

You live in the south, it gets pretty warm down here. I see alot of people wearing shorts at the track. Not many with a jacket though.

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 06:43 AM

I wear shorts almost every week in the Summer. Then I slide into my long pants before I race.
Posted By: D-50

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 06:55 AM

The ones i am talking about race in shorts
Posted By: Randy..

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 07:18 AM

It was STUPID! Made my head hurt after watching it,!
Hope I don't accidentally see it again.
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 07:51 AM

What is the show actually called. Ok I just saw it. Like watching Justified without the guns.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 08:04 AM

Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
While it was somewhat refreshing to see real everyday low-buck cars, reality is that I can see that by walking out to my garage. Personally, I found those guys to come across like a band of idiots. Perhaps they're not, but that's the way the show came across to me. Count me in the camp of guys that basically watched in horror with the thought that all of America is seeing this and honing their opinion on car guys.

If the producers didn't know jack about cars, then the guys in the show should have taken a little more ownership of their own brand, and demanded the show present a little more intelligent approach to things.

And for gods sake.... taking a mig welder to a tube covered in exhaust wrap.... [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]!? Am I the only guy that was thinking "if its cracked in one spot, you better remove that wrap and check the rest of it".

The whole thing was low rent in my book.

iagree

I watched about 10 minutes of it and I'd had enough.
They make car guys look like morons the way they act and speak. no
Posted By: mphsmitch

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
Originally Posted By mphsmitch

You live in the south, it gets pretty warm down here. I see alot of people wearing shorts at the track. Not many with a jacket though.
I guess when you race at a track with no tech you can make a pass in shorts. Cant pull that off where I race.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 02:44 PM

I watched about 15 minutes on you tube.
Now my brain hurts.
Racing on asphalt, with no prep, and your not spinning the tires.
I also didn't see any roll bars/cages.
Posted By: Eric

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 03:52 PM

Won't last three weeks...
Posted By: racerx

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 05:44 PM

The old Street outlaw to the front....LOL smoke
Posted By: rattler

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 05:59 PM

I tried to watch, it was just to painful. I might give the second episode another chance. But I really can't see it lasting more than a couple of shows.

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 06:18 PM

I didn't watch it the whole way through yet but I will. I started watching Street Outlaws with my Son when it first came out and laughed my butt off and made comments about it every week. My Son would just look at me and laugh and say shut up DAD. He knows about my street racing 40 years ago as I told him several of the stories. Street Outlaws grew better every season and the producers stepped up "big time". Lets see were this one ends up before totally give up on them.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 06:40 PM

Here's what I find interesting about the appeal of SO.
I see so much NHRA bashing about how they don't show enough racing and it's become a John Force infomercial...... And yet, the way I see it ..... That the same formula as the SO.
Less tech and details about the cars, more BS from farm truck and azn, more scripted confrontations........ More crap that has to do with "personalities"......that I don't care anything about.
IMO, SO has not gotten any better since it started, it's just become another reality show that has almost nothing to do with reality.
I watch it, but if it went away I wouldn't really care.

I realize I'm probably in the minority of most of the viewers.
The way I see it is, the premis for all of these reality shows, whether it's the voice, survivor, big brother, master chef, or SO, is the same. To get the viewers to connect with the personalities on the show and become invested in them.
It just doesn't work for me, which is why I don't ever watch those shows. As SO becomes more like those other shows, the less interested I am.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 06:44 PM

The cars appeared to be dead slow. Daily drivers or not, they were SLOW. If that's all they got for street racing in that area...........they don't have much.

One of my customers has a 16 year old kid, with a 72 Nova that he drives to school. Pretty mild 406 with alum heads, runs low 7s on motor. Spray it with a 150hp kit, coming on a 1 sec out, on drag radials and it goes 5.70s. Maybe we need to take it to Chattanooga..........LOL!!! And it DOES run just as quick on the street, because dad has been wearing the locals out with it, ON the street
Posted By: Crizila

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 06:54 PM

Anyone catch that new show Red Devil something or another last night? Sorry, don`t know the exact name but it`s WAY more realistic and affordable that Street Outlaws...........
Ya, but do they use the same disclaimer - " just because we are dumb asses, don't mean you can be too"..... Santa4 Happy holidays Thumper. beer
Posted By: Silver70

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 07:36 PM

I was super impressed with the great weld job they did on the gn... I wonder if they have classes to teach their skills!

I got to say this show is pretty stupid... I don't think they will air another season. They keep trying these new car related shows, few actually make it back on the air.

If you like torture... here it is on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUqyhO-JUBI

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/30/15 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By Crizila
Ya, but do they use the same disclaimer - " just because we are dumb asses, don't mean you can be too"..... Santa4 Happy holidays Thumper. beer

Must admit I only saw the last 15 minutes so apparently I missed the really dumb stuff.......... shruggy Happy holidays to you to sir...............
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/31/15 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
The cars appeared to be dead slow. Daily drivers or not, they were SLOW. If that's all they got for street racing in that area...........they don't have much.

One of my customers has a 16 year old kid, with a 72 Nova that he drives to school. Pretty mild 406 with alum heads, runs low 7s on motor. Spray it with a 150hp kit, coming on a 1 sec out, on drag radials and it goes 5.70s. Maybe we need to take it to Chattanooga..........LOL!!! And it DOES run just as quick on the street, because dad has been wearing the locals out with it, ON the street

Amen..

My "Street Dart" ran 9.80's with a stage II NOS kit back in the late 70's on a 10" McCreary tire. 3200#
Drove it everywhere in So. Cal. wave

Chris.. shruggy
Posted By: BradH

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 12/31/15 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By 66 Belvedere

I saw a preview for another race-oriented show on good ol' Discovery Channel. It's called "Fish Outlaws" and the preview showed a mermaid with a Megalodon going up against a manatee with a stingray. The manatee was asking for "10 fins and the bite", but the Megalodon still ate him (and the stingray) alive by the 330 mark.

whistling

Testing, testing, 1... 2... 3... Is this microphone working?

Wow, it's a tough crowd at the Moparts Comedy Club "Amateur Night". drumhit
Posted By: racerx

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 01/04/16 04:44 AM

Diesel Brothers seems to have Red Devil's time slot for Monday shruggy
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 01/04/16 08:52 PM

Looks like the crowd came over from Moonshiners...
Just another entertaining car reality show....
Watch it for entertainment and move on...

Just my $0.02.... wink
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 01/05/16 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By racerx
Diesel Brothers seems to have Red Devil's time slot for Monday shruggy

Those guys are the real joke! I'll never support what they do, they give real diesel enthusiasts a horrible name.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 01/05/16 12:30 AM

Yeah please don't support the stupidity by watching. SO's was borderline at first for me, but once they showed those guys wheeling those cars and wrenching AND breaking it grew on me and gets my viewership.
Posted By: BuckeyeBrawler

Re: NEW STREET RACE SHOW - 01/12/16 01:57 AM

I agree, I DVR ed it and watched about 10 or 15 minutes then told my wife this show makes drag racers look like idiots. Deleted from play list won't watch it again. JMO down
© 2024 Moparts Forums