Moparts

mini spring tester

Posted By: bonefish

mini spring tester - 12/22/15 02:31 PM

has anyone used those mini spring testers that use a vice to compress the spring.good or bad?
Posted By: mopar 12

Re: mini spring tester - 12/22/15 03:08 PM

I've used one, works good just have to have a big jaw vise, maybe 4-6 inches, mine is 6"
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: mini spring tester - 12/22/15 03:12 PM

I use it a lot.. I like it.. its simple.. I use
a set of calipers along with it.. set it at the
install height and crank it up
wave
Posted By: BradH

Re: mini spring tester - 12/22/15 05:35 PM

The first one I bought (Proform 0-300# or something comparable?) was a piece of junk. I also have a claibration spring and it was nowhere near accurate. IIRC, it started off OK, then started getting more "off" after using it only a few times.

The second one I bought was a 0-600# from a board member (vendor) whose name I cannot recall at the moment, unfortunately. That one has worked fine. Maybe he'll see this thread and pipe in.

Re: mini spring tester - 12/23/15 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By BradH
The first one I bought (Proform 0-300# or something comparable?) was a piece of junk. I also have a claibration spring and it was nowhere near accurate. IIRC, it started off OK, then started getting more "off" after using it only a few times.

The second one I bought was a 0-600# from a board member (vendor) whose name I cannot recall at the moment, unfortunately. That one has worked fine. Maybe he'll see this thread and pipe in.
That brings up a good question,i was looking at a proform 0-700 unit.witch one are you guys usin?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: mini spring tester - 12/23/15 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By bonefish

That brings up a good question,i was looking at a proform 0-700 unit.witch one are you guys usin?

I have the 300and the 700.. they are both the same
but a different gauge on it... I also have a 1000
psi gauge that I screwed on to one for testing the
open pressure on my W-9 heads.. 900# springs
wave
Posted By: MoParFish

Re: mini spring tester - 12/23/15 08:57 AM

I've had the 0-700 Proform for a couple years now and has worked good for my needs. I tested it when I first got it and found it was reasonably accurate($72 bucks worth of accurate anyways) wink I loaned it to a buddy a few weeks ago and he liked it so much that he bought one too. He said he compared the two testers with same spring and said they repeated the same but, he still hasn't returned mine xmaseek

Re: mini spring tester - 12/23/15 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By MoParFish

I've had the 0-700 Proform for a couple years now and has worked good for my needs. I tested it when I first got it and found it was reasonably accurate($72 bucks worth of accurate anyways) wink I loaned it to a buddy a few weeks ago and he liked it so much that he bought one too. He said he compared the two testers with same spring and said they repeated the same but, he still hasn't returned mine
I think I have the same buddy! nervous
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: mini spring tester - 12/23/15 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By mopar 12
I've used one, works good just have to have a big jaw vise, maybe 4-6 inches, mine is 6"

A small arbor press works good with them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums