Moparts

Travel limiters

Posted By: RV2

Travel limiters - 11/02/15 04:23 AM

Can you guys post pics of your front end travel limiters? On stock suspension car please.
Thanks
Posted By: markz528

Re: Travel limiters - 11/02/15 05:16 AM

Here are mine............

Attached picture Front End Limiters June 2008 2.JPG
Attached picture Front End Limiters June 2008 5.JPG
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Travel limiters - 11/02/15 05:20 AM

Chain from the frame rail to the lower control arm. Attached with a small clevis, it's cheap and adjustable!
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Travel limiters - 11/02/15 05:25 AM

On a related note, What is the reasoning behind limiting the travel of the front end? Also, how do you know how much to limit it?
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Travel limiters - 11/02/15 05:31 AM

You can set the travel further than stock for more front end rotation and bigger hit on the rear tires, or shorter to help control wheel stands.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Travel limiters - 11/02/15 06:51 AM

I will probably get blasted..........but a travel limiter is a crutch for a poor performing shock, if your reason for installing it is based on what your car does on the starting line.

I run a limiter, but it's primary purpose is the set the ride height of the front of the car going down the track. I use the shocks to control the rate of rise........as that is their purpose after all......LOL!!!

Re: Travel limiters - 11/02/15 03:46 PM

Monte is correct, I've only messed with limiters on cars that had good shocks on the wish list.

Re: Travel limiters - 11/03/15 03:24 AM

My car rises and stays up throughout the run, the tires camber out and it gets real scary on the top end, the front end does not come down till I let off.
At rest.

Attached picture image.jpg

Re: Travel limiters - 11/03/15 03:27 AM

At launch

Attached picture image.jpg

Re: Travel limiters - 11/03/15 03:29 AM

I do not have good shocks on it. Sorry Monte
Comps on the front set loose and Ranchos on the rear set at #3
Posted By: upnover

Re: Travel limiters - 11/03/15 05:19 AM

is it a street car? if not have it aligned with the front suspension at droop, like it would be going down the track.

Re: Travel limiters - 11/03/15 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By upnover
is it a street car? if not have it aligned with the front suspension at droop, like it would be going down the track.

bingo! and if it is a street car just jack the front up (k frame up) about half of your travel and set alignment to find a happy medium.

Re: Travel limiters - 11/03/15 11:20 PM

It's a race only situation, I thought about jacking it up and putting some negative camber in it.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Travel limiters - 11/04/15 10:25 PM

If you still decide to run limiters use some form of soft stop similar to factory bumpers so when they hit it doesn't shock the chassis
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Travel limiters - 11/06/15 03:39 AM

If you decide to just align it for the down track lift, it might be a good idea to roll it forward on the jack a few feet before you start wrenching. Limiters sound like the best fix, next to shocks of course. Tires are so good now you could probably just tie the front completely down, and it would still hook.

Re: Travel limiters - 11/06/15 04:07 AM

I decided to replace the front shocks(comp eng) since they were hand me downs anyway.
I ordered some QA1 double adjustables
Early Christmas present to myself!
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Travel limiters - 11/06/15 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By RV2
I decided to replace the front shocks(comp eng) since they were hand me downs anyway.
I ordered some QA1 double adjustables
Early Christmas present to myself!

Ohhh yeah, thank ya jebus lol

Re: Travel limiters - 11/06/15 04:34 PM

Lol
You can help me dial it in fruity!
© 2024 Moparts Forums