Moparts

Manual valve bodies

Posted By: roadrunner470

Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 05:15 AM

Is there a reason to go reverse pattern versus forward other than the way you want to pull or push? I am new to the manual auto thing and would like some opinions.
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 05:32 AM

pulling the shifter away from neutral is a good thing.

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 05:57 AM

Also looking for opinions on brand of valve body and shifter.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 06:21 AM

Myself I prefer pulling the shifter back towards me when racing and getting planted back in the seat. Its much easier then trying to push the shifter forward when racing. I have always used Turbo Action manual valve bodies. Ron
Posted By: GY3

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 06:57 AM

Turbo Action Cheetah Pro Street forward pattern here. Love it on the street!

I use it with a Hurst Quarter Stick Pistol Grip.
Posted By: superchuck

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 08:01 AM

Cope Racing.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 09:04 AM

i also have a Cope Racing unit in my streetcar. good unit with LBA.
Posted By: QTR MILR

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 11:28 AM

When I'm in the staging lanes going from neutral to first is less effort with a reverse valve body... Other wise you have to go through 3rd and 2nd to get there.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By GY3
Turbo Action Cheetah Pro Street forward pattern here. Love it on the street!

X2.... I prefer pushing forward to shift, just seems more natural to me. I also love my B&M quicksilver shifter.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 05:40 PM

I was happy to get rid of the kick down linkage and I like the fact that I can kick it up into neutral after a run.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/28/15 11:42 PM

Turbo Action Cheetah manual valve body and Turbo Action shifter is what I use.
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 02:10 AM

I put a Turbo Action forward pattern manual valve body with LBA in my wife's '70 Barracuda. That way she will not be confused when shifting gears and I could retain the factory slap stik shifter as well.

Our '64 Savoy utilizes a reverse pattern valve body with an old Winters shifter.

Needless to say, I have to really pay attention what I'm driving while at the track. smile

Attached picture DSC03924.JPG
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 03:11 AM

I've always used the turbo action reverse manual valve body and the B&M ProRatchet shifter, I love this combo for a street/strip car.

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 07:09 AM

Thanks for the info. Does any body have experience with the "shift r plate" that converts a slap stick to reverse manual pattern?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 08:21 AM

Griner LBA RMVB and a pistol grip Quarterstick.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By roadrunner470
Thanks for the info. Does any body have experience with the "shift r plate" that converts a slap stick to reverse manual pattern?

i have one. wasn't a straight fit n go deal. had to be a little creative with a small file. works ok now that i modified it.

Attached picture 2011-01-01 17.25.39.jpg
Posted By: superchuck

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By rebel

i have one. wasn't a straight fit n go deal. had to be a little creative with a small file. works ok now that i modified it.

I had to do the same, clean it up a bit. I like the fact I'm shifting away from reverse. My slap stik handle got jacked up and I shifted from 1st to second and kind of over slapped into reverse. Not good!
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 02:19 PM

The biggest beef I have with the RMVB on my Demon is that at the end of a run you are stuck in 3rd. Something goes wrong on the track and no way to get to neutral quickly.

On my mostly street 904/416 SB I have the kickdown still. Just have always liked it since I was 15.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 02:42 PM

I like my TA Cheetah rev. pattern MVB. I use Hurst 1/4 stick shifters too. Got away from the crap ratchet shifters years ago.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By Airwoofer
The biggest beef I have with the RMVB on my Demon is that at the end of a run you are stuck in 3rd. Something goes wrong on the track and no way to get to neutral quickly.

Same here. I have a CRT LBA valve body with a JVX (Winters) gated shifter. It's actually a forward pattern but works fine, just have to push it away for the 2-3 shift. Never missed a shift like this but did have a few 1-3 shifts when I had a forward pattern VB.
Posted By: PC-CHARGER

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By Airwoofer

On my mostly street 904/416 SB I have the kickdown still. Just have always liked it since I was 15.

A&A and others make a RMVB with a clean neutral. It has a neutral after the third gear position so you can pull it into neutral after the run is complete without having to go back down through second and first.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Manual valve bodies - 10/29/15 07:11 PM

Is there a reason to go reverse pattern versus forward other than the way you want to pull or push? I am new to the manual auto thing and would like some opinions.

I like to pull since I`m being slammed back in the seat anyhow.......
© 2024 Moparts Forums