Moparts

Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/27/15 12:49 PM

Pencil a date change for next year guys and girls. Monster Mopar will be July 29-31 in 2016. Lets make this the biggest, baddest, most attended Monster Mopar to date. Thanks to all involved for getting the 2016 race schedule out this early as it sure makes it easier on the racers.

http://summitmotorsportspark.com/news/81...t-off-the-press
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/27/15 03:09 PM

Maybe It'll help with the rain GODS...But I hate racing in July & August and hopefully will be cooler up North !!

Attached picture Fish Norwalk 2014 wheelstand.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/27/15 03:17 PM

Man your fast Cadamore!

I was hoping to beat you to this. Lol!!!!

As everyone can imagine how hard of a decision it was to make the change off the long standing weekend, understand it was 100% for the participants. The weather has been brutal that time of year both in Indy and Norwalk and the event was paying the toll for it.

Hopefully this helps with spectator, swap, car show as well as racer counts.

It's getting harder and harder to cover the huge nut that is associated with the event.

I, as always am eternally grateful for the continued support of the participants.

We will be posting an official announcement via social media soon.

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/27/15 04:32 PM

I think it will really work out better for all involved as for some reason September and October are really crammed pack full of races for me. And then there's always the iffy weather off the lake late in the year. For those that haven't ever attended this race all I can say is PLEASE try to go and you won't be disappointed. There is something for everyone at this event.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/27/15 06:36 PM

We will be there no matter what the date! Even though it rained I still had a blast at MM in September.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/27/15 06:50 PM

Just curious, what does the payout for T/D look like?

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/27/15 09:43 PM

We just run Big Dog. It paid 1500 Saturday and 1500 Sunday. I would have to double check but I think that was 5 rounds to win
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/28/15 12:52 AM

Well, crap. While I have yet to be able to attend this race since the switch to Josh taking over I was really hoping to be able to get back to it.

Unfortunately, this is also the same weekend that the Junior Dragster go to Bristol for the Eastern Conf Finals.

So, it looks like it will be another 5 yrs till Kaitlin ages out until I can get back.

On the other hand, I am glad to see the vent moved to time of year where the weather should be better then what early Spet has been like the last few years.
Posted By: RickRoss

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/28/15 01:32 AM

You still having a race in sept?
Posted By: RickRoss

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/28/15 01:38 AM

Guess not.I just looked at schedule.I like the sept race.
Posted By: QTR MILR

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/28/15 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By dustergirl340
We will be there no matter what the date! Even though it rained I still had a blast at MM in September.

Yep!! It's the one race I always plan on every year!!
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/28/15 03:19 AM

2078 miles one way.... sure wish I could do it just once.
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/28/15 03:30 AM

thanks for the early heads up josh. my vacation time was just put in with the boss. also my birthday is on the twenty ninth and yes there will be cake. lol.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/29/15 12:39 AM

This may hurt some of the NSS car count at MM IF they are running for points in NMCA.

JULY 28-31, 2016
11th ANNUAL NMRA/NMCA SUPER BOWL OF STREET-LEGAL DRAG RACING • Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, IL
– Special features include: F.A.S.T. Shootout (Factory Appearing Stock Tire) and Super Bowl Shootout
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 10/29/15 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By 64hemi330sedan
thanks for the early heads up josh. my vacation time was just put in with the boss. also my birthday is on the twenty ninth and yes there will be cake. lol.

Mines on the 2nd hope you are willing to share the cake BC I have that weekend off

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 06/29/16 11:51 PM

We are getting close guys! Good weather, Good racing, and great people.

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 06/30/16 01:57 AM

Weather is generally a factor in mid Sept. Been there way to many times and had rain.
Late July is much more stable weather. Way better chance of no rain.
The one negative is hotel rooms are much higher because Cedar Point is still in prime time.
That said we just booked a room at 79 per night. Where the old Ma's restaurant was.

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 06/30/16 02:24 AM

I won't be running the class I was hoping to run but hoping to go a few rounds in my bracket car.
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Summit Motororsports Park 2016 schedule. Monster Mopar. - 06/30/16 09:54 PM

I'm heading up for that weekend to hang out with the rest of the Smith clan. Swing by Bigdog's trailer for a visit....still a lot of guys I have never met on here.
© 2024 Moparts Forums