Moparts

Lightweight Factory Style Wheels.....

Posted By: jim sciortino

Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/21/15 07:48 PM

Does anyone manufacture a stock 15" MOPAR wheel in aluminum???

Friend of mine is looking for something in the dog dish (poverty cap) style in an attempt to lighten the load while maintaining the 'stock' look.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/21/15 07:50 PM

Not exactly what you're looking for, but these are aluminum Centerlines w/ poverty caps on them.

Attached picture BB_MikeDaurity_69superbee.jpg
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/21/15 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By jim sciortino

Friend of mine is looking for something in the dog dish (poverty cap) style in an attempt to lighten the load while maintaining the 'stock' look.
Yes. The 79 Chrysler 300 and some Dodge Magnums cam from the factory with 15" X 6" aluminum wheels. 13 lbs each !!!! without trim / rubber. I run them.

Attached picture aluminumwhl.jpg
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/21/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By Crizila

Yes. The 79 Chrysler 300 and some Dodge Magnums cam from the factory with 15" X 6" aluminum wheels. 13 lbs each !!!! without trim / rubber. I run them.

Geez, really? You learn something new everyday! That's pretty niffty!

-Kenny

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/21/15 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By StrokerAspen
Originally Posted By Crizila

Geez, really? You learn something new everyday! That's pretty niffty!

-Kenny
With full trim, they look like this.

Attached picture mares300raer2.jpg
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 02:02 AM

These people have light weight shells and centers. They will build what you want with your centers. http://www.mrw-rockcrawler.com/BEADLOCK%20WHEELS/BEADLOCK_WHEELS_20.html
Posted By: RV2

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 02:14 AM

Me too

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 03:17 AM

I've been thinking about making some carbon fiber steel wheel look a like inserts to bolt to an aluminum wheel... Easiest way I can think of to get a light wheel that truly looks like a stocker.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 04:37 AM

These people have light weight shells and centers. They will build what you want with your centers. http://www.mrw-rockcrawler.com/BEADLOCK%20WHEELS/BEADLOCK_WHEELS_20.html

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 06:50 AM

Thanks for the info, fellas.....

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 04:38 PM

Out here you can't get past tech with hub caps? Pay attention to the load carrying capacity and street use disclaimer on the custom made real light stuff.

Attached picture Vegas staging 2013.jpg
Posted By: chrisnben

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 05:31 PM

Here's your answer- the closest thing I've found is from Circle Racing. You can put a poverty cap in them, or do a bullet cap. They are billet aluminum, custom made to your specs, polished. 15" up to 12" wide. Here's my 15x10 & 15x6 on the Coronet. $230 delivered. You must go through Performanceplustire.com for that price.

I'm getting another pair made for rears on my A990, then going to coat them with the peel-off rubberized spray paint (to match the car's color).

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By chrisnben
Here's your answer- the closest thing I've found is from Circle Racing. You can put a poverty cap in them, or do a bullet cap. They are billet aluminum, custom made to your specs, polished. 15" up to 12" wide. Here's my 15x10 & 15x6 on the Coronet. $230 delivered. You must go through Performanceplustire.com for that price.

I'm getting another pair made for rears on my A990, then going to coat them with the peel-off rubberized spray paint (to match the car's color).
I believe this is exactly what my boy is looking for.

Thanks!!!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 06:38 PM

I like the poverty caps, but I was leaning towards doing full caps on a draglite (or some other cheap/light wheel)

But I will definitely follow up on those ^^^
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/22/15 09:37 PM

Bogart will make their Fly series wheel with no cutouts. You would have to come up with a way to mount the cap but nice,lite wheel.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/23/15 12:17 AM

Just followed up on those Circle racing wheels, looks like they well accept a ~10" poverty cap, my police caps are ~9"
Posted By: chrisnben

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/23/15 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWD
Just followed up on those Circle racing wheels, looks like they well accept a ~10" poverty cap, my police caps are ~9"

Yes, they are not Mopar, but they look cool without a cap too.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Lightweight Factory Style Wheels..... - 10/23/15 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWD

here is a thought. get a set of [i think] pre 68 caps you like that are the 10" size. take a few minutes to mark out the location and number of holes like the cop caps. use an "automatic" center punch to locate the holes. drill a 1/8" drill as a pilot hole. then, using a step drill only, open the pilot holes to the desired size.[ i think the cop caps are 1/2" ?] i used this same method to make "cop caps" for my brothers A-100 van that had the 10" center wheels. turned out great !
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums