Moparts

Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock

Posted By: scottb

Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 05:17 AM

Just see mopar might be pulling out of pro stock can't blame them 1 bit 14 Chevy 2 mopar why keep throwing money down the drain best of luck to AJ and his dad
Posted By: POZEST

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 06:01 AM

Where you see this?
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 01:50 PM

Unfortunately this is true. I have a friend that works for one of the Mopar Pro Stock teams and he confirmed this yesterday.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By Plumb Wired
Unfortunately this is true. I have a friend that works for one of the Mopar Pro Stock teams and he confirmed this yesterday.

Will they finish out the year
wave
Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 02:41 PM

NHRA is dying, I used to live and breath this stuff but could care less anymore. Bet Im not alone.
Posted By: Dartthunder340

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 02:53 PM

A class full of Camaro's will be Pro Stupid.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 03:03 PM

They are just p.o.ed that they will have to back into their pit spaces.... among other stupid NHRA upcoming new rules.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 03:35 PM

You loose Jeggy and Vincent 2 of the best drivers in the class both leave for the GM camp so now your down to Allen and V Gains that's like bringing a butter knife to a gun fight it's not going to happen just like quick runner said pro stock has killed itself . Would much rather watch the new drag pack cars then pro stock
Posted By: ademon

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 04:17 PM

Mopar will get more bang for the buck advertising in something like women's volleyball than sponsoring a NHRA car !

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 04:31 PM

I would guess that AJ would retire... but him and
his dad might keep the engine business running...
just a guess... best of luck to both of them for
what ever they end up doing
wave
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 04:54 PM

Didn't AJ already hint at retiring a little while back? Could have added to the decision.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By ademon
Mopar will get more bang for the buck advertising in something like women's volleyball than sponsoring a NHRA car !

iagree Or little league baseball.

I never expected Jeggie to stay with Mopar, when he switched they were the fastest horse in the game. When he saw that changing he left, nothing new for him. He has no brand loyalty and the money he brings to the table is leverage to get him in a fast ride.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 06:42 PM

Wonder if Mopar would've stuck around if they would've gone to the past rumored format of factory supercharged engines?
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 06:48 PM

Pro stock need to die off and be reborn. No stock car comes with a 500ci big block.

Why would the factory sponsor this crap.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By Quickrunner
NHRA is dying, I used to live and breath this stuff but could care less anymore. Bet Im not alone.

You're not. I don't even bother watching anymore.
Posted By: LSP

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 07:39 PM

Who's saying there won't be any Mopars in Pro Stock next year?
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 07:51 PM

Cars dictate the sport, as in the past, not top management. Look at Nascar, what a mess.
Posted By: BTBelvedere

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 07:55 PM

I've always liked Pro Stock. I disliked the politics of the different engine sizes back in the 70's. I thought when they went to 500 inches and 2350 lbs, all would be good. I hated it when they began to modify the bodies and eventually let them use carbon fiber to make everything look the same. I don't like that they all have those dumb looking noses with a spec overhang or that they're able to trip the finish line beams with them. I think everything should take the stripe with whatever they staged with, but that's a different subject. I hate to see them go, but maybe it's time.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 08:06 PM

NHRA needs to kill it and either fill the slot with Pro Mod or come up with a small tire class because those cars can fill the stands.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By Dartthunder340
A class full of Camaro's will be Pro Stupid.

It's pretty hard to be brand loyal when they all look pretty much the same (that's why the mandated windshield band) and the drivetrain doesn't even resemble any factory offering.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By John_Kunkel
It's pretty hard to be brand loyal when they all look pretty much the same (that's why the mandated windshield ban) and the drivetrain doesn't even resemble any factory offering.

Exactly! Just what is the "Stock" in Pro Stock now? It sure isn't the cars appearance, they all look like half of a jelly bean.
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
wave

You already got them retiring and next week in the grave. I would think they have other things they can do besides that car. LOL
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
It's pretty hard to be brand loyal when they all look pretty much the same (that's why the mandated windshield ban) and the drivetrain doesn't even resemble any factory offering.

Exactly! Just what is the "Stock" in Pro Stock now? It sure isn't the cars appearance, they all look like half of a jelly bean.

Same thing could also be said for NASCAR as well.
Matt

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By Dodgeguy101
wave

You already got them retiring and next week in the grave. I would think they have other things they can do besides that car. LOL

AJ talked of retirement in the past... no one is
putting anyone in the grave... but I DOUBT he will
go back into pro stock..... JMO
wave

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 10:29 PM

Let's face it, the era of what we older guys knew is over. Nothing lasts. The cars we idolized ran from mid 50s to mid 70s. Roughly 50 years ago, think of it this way, setting in the stands in 1965 watching cars that where made in 1905-1925, don't think we would have done that. The Hupmobile just beat the Stanly Steamer 29.4 to a respectable 31.6. Brand affiliation is a non factor, it's just to far apart nowadays, cars in the heyday had V8s-4-speeds or 3 speed autos with rear wheel drive and close in cubic inches, simple cars. Now just turn the screw up to make whatever power you want. Really how long will that last with the Gov tighting up the regulations. We have to relate to something, not two carbon fiber whatever's going down the track, gets old fast. Other than the guys racing, who really cares which top fuel- funny car- pro stock wins unless it's a MOPAR. Over, done, put a fork in it. I'm in mourning, grieve with me.
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 10:35 PM

I should not have posted and just waited for a formal announcement. All I can say is that the most prominent names in Mopar Pro Stock will not be with Mopar next season. Let the speculation begin.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By cudaman1969
I'm in mourning, grieve with me.

NHRA...

NASCAR...

Followed 'em both(and ALL the Pentastar accomplishments)for many years...

Not anymore...

If a Mopar(RIP)ain't in it, forget it...

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By RS23U1G
Originally Posted By cudaman1969
I'm in mourning, grieve with me.

NHRA...

NASCAR...

Followed 'em both(and ALL the Pentastar accomplishments)for many years...

Not anymore...

If a Mopar(RIP)ain't in it, forget it...

I still watch the funny's and top fuel due to mopars
so if they still carry the banner I will still watch
If they drop those classes also I'll quit watching
any NHRA stuff
wave
Posted By: LSP

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By Plumb Wired
I should not have posted and just waited for a formal announcement. All I can say is that the most prominent names in Mopar Pro Stock will not be with Mopar next season. Let the speculation begin.

That's why I asked.

Mopar is not pulling out of Pro Stock from what I'm hearing..
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 11:34 PM

Some of you guys have way to much time on your hands and should take up racing again, or maybe Yoga.
Posted By: gofish

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/29/15 11:39 PM

Silly Season has begun!

Danny
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 12:00 AM

More people watch no prep,10.5 and Radial racing than NHRA events already. Most of the people that watch NHRA are people checking it off the bucket list.
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 12:24 AM

I'd rather see the Challengers, Cameros and Musyangs duke it out than Pro-stock. The only reason to watch was AJ. Him and his Dad are true Gentlemen. I wont watch Cameros racing.
Posted By: gch

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 01:42 AM

I would rather watch the old pro stock truck reruns than most of what is out there today.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
More people watch no prep,10.5 and Radial racing than NHRA events already. Most of the people that watch NHRA are people checking it off the bucket list.

Any no prep, outlaw 10.5, radial race draws big, big crowds.
even the live streaming draws crowds.
what it doesn't draw is.... sponsors.

NHRA is a money machine.Without sponsors to pad their pockets...they aren't interested.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 02:24 AM

Well on that line of thinking,how long will it be before the Drag Pack Challengers are a non fator in stock/super stock. NHRA is famous for propping up the chevrlets. Once prostock is dead watch out for all of GM money to go into stock classes and they will cry enough to get rules in their favor just like the last 48 years.
Rant over

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By SCATPACK 1
and they will cry enough to get rules in their favor

LMAO...

Well, how about that???

Somebody else knows who 'WJ' is(was)...

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By SCATPACK 1
and they will cry enough to get rules in their favor

LMAO...

Well, how about that???

Somebody else knows who 'WJ' is(was)...

Or they could just go back to using nitrous....
Posted By: 383man

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 02:46 AM

The only reason I watch any Pro Stock was because of AJ and V Gaines. But honestly I have lost all interest in all three of the Pro classes. Everything I loved about them is long gone. In fact the only racing I really like any more is Nostalgia Superstock and I guess because thats what I grew up with and still love. I like cars that I can actually tell what they are and thats pretty much the NSS cars in todays world and some bracket race cars. Ron
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 02:56 AM

Nowadays I call it decal racing.....nothing out there in the Pro Categories' is Brand Anything...LOL
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 03:23 AM

its all nothing more than the bowtie playground anymore.the mopars and ferds will be obsolete and in the smithsonian.the fun police {nhra} is probably contemplating doing what they do best,killing a class with zero regard for anybody thats been involved in it physically,emotionally and most of all financially.its their game and their going to take their wagon and go home.until racers run that so called organization, or in real life disorganization, once again nothing good will ever happen to the racers who play in their back yards.....

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 03:39 AM

It's more cost effective to develop parts for 14 (or more) cars than 2. They all play by the same rules.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 03:58 AM

I honestly can't believe Mopar stayed in this long.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 04:19 AM

Some interesting Rumors floating around over at the Bullet..like maybe the sponsorship is going somewhere else to a two car team...

dont know...lol
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 05:04 AM

The only class/s I love watching and following that have no TV coverage are the F.A.S.T and Pure Stock guys. At least there is brand loyalty and brand engines and brand chassis/bodies dueling it out to the finish heads up.
Chevrolet bean counters can have their carbon fiber bean mobiles and see how fast and old they get with each other.
Posted By: keefe

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By BradH

Add me to this list also..

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
The only class/s I love watching and following that have no TV coverage are the F.A.S.T and Pure Stock guys.

Some homeys play in that playground...

And like beating-up on the general...
Posted By: dagohman

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 09:52 AM

The only thing I have read is Mopar won't be AJ's Major sponsor next year. I have not read where Mopar is pulling out. As the world turns..lol
Posted By: Duner

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 01:11 PM

Since I set the DVR to record the NHRA show and usually end up with 50% of the recording being anything BUT drag racing.... I've all but given up watching entirely.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 03:44 PM

Seeing some rumblings about them going to Elite Motorsports.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

Wouldn't that be something, EE in a Mopar. That would really pi$$ Anderson off, getting beat by a girl in a Mopar. laugh2

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 04:27 PM

I forgot that other then the NSS cars I also like the FAST and Pure Stock cars alot. Ron
Posted By: dare_dude

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 04:28 PM

I'am with you Ron! I like my bracket car but I love NSS and Hemi Cars.In NSS you get all makes!

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

Rumor mill has mopar sponsoring EE and Vince with Elite power..

with Jeg and Skillman running GM power from Elite...ought to be an interesting off season...

I think it would be sad if mopar dumps AJ ...they have been devoted mopar racers for ever....

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 05:38 PM

When your a frist round runner up race after race your sponsor are going to look else where it's business plain and simple
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 06:08 PM

What's funny is that AJ is number three in points right now and will finish in the top five yet mopar is willing to drop there best guy if these rumors are true.

Elite starting a mopar engine program from scratch is risky for mopar because it's simply not that easy(remember Jeg) but who knows, these are just rumors.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 07:04 PM

Yep, me too.

It seems FIAT wants little to do with "traditional" hot rods and I'm sure in their eyes there is little if any, ROI with NHRA. Will they cease sponsoring the Denver race if this is true?
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 07:05 PM

Lets face it Pro-Stock racing is not relevant to selling cars! NHRA started to see the light with next years changes but as usual too late! I think if they had production based engines in a stock looking full chassis car there would be interest from more manufactures. Current production engines for many manufactures are eclipsing 700+ HP - Make that the basis for very loose new rule platform and you might have a factory war back in pro-stock. Quite frankly pro-stock is boring and not relevant to the fan - they cant go buy a car with a 500 CI specialty built engine stuffed into a plastic chassis car. Put a heavily massaged hellcat engine into a light weight chassis car that still resembles a Challenger and you have something a fan and manufacture can support. The rules can come as it evolves - like it used to be - makes it more interesting!
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By Adrielp
What's funny is that AJ is number three in points right now and will finish in the top five yet mopar is willing to drop there best guy if these rumors are true.

Elite starting a mopar engine program from scratch is risky for mopar because it's simply not that easy(remember Jeg) but who knows, these are just rumors.

If I'm not mistaken Elite's engine builder was Jegs guy when he went on his own with the hemi stuff.
Posted By: 4406v

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 10:24 PM

They could do away with Pro Stock in it's present form and go back to the old days. Current production "door slammer" foot brake with only factory type electronics. Bring back the race on Sunday sell on Monday attitude.

IT WOULD BE FUN AND ENTERTAINING!!!! NOT BORING AND HO HUM!!! WHO CARES???
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 09/30/15 10:26 PM

I cant say what but you guys are wrong. There will be a mopar team text year just cant say who yet but you will find out soon enough. AJ may not get it but someone else is for sure.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By JAKE68
I cant say what but you guys are wrong. There will be a mopar team text year just cant say who yet but you will find out soon enough. AJ may not get it but someone else is for sure.

So you have the number 3 guy in points in P/S which is NO small feet in itself and you're going to go after an unknown new team that hasn't proven to make power with the Mopar. Brilliant idea, I know because it's worked so well for Mopar in the past. Dale Eicke? David Nickens anyone?
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By cudadoug

Yep, me too.

It seems FIAT wants little to do with "traditional" hot rods and I'm sure in their eyes there is little if any, ROI with NHRA. Will they cease sponsoring the Denver race if this is true?

Thought I was the only one. I'd much rather watch Lights out/No Mercy type stuff.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 02:53 AM

While there certainly were rumors floating around in St. Louis regarding the future of Mopar's flagship Pro Stocker driven by Allen Johnson, a source close to the situation tells us the Greeneville, Tenn.-based driver, is ready to call it a career, thus leaving the Mopar sponsorship open for another team. Johnson isn't talking but others are, and signalling there could be a two-car Mopar Pro Stock effort next season. Now if what we hear pans out, there could be two manufacturers in one camp and this will be an interesting scenario to watch play out. Additionally, we can tell you there will possibly be more announcements similar to this coming out as a thinning of the herd is forthcoming in Pro Stock.

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/rumor-mill/rumor-mill-pro-stock-aj-hanging-it-up
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 04:42 PM

Quote:

Add me to this list also..
iagree I lost interest too.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 07:30 PM

Wasn't V a part of MadCap Racing a few years back? I thought they ran a GM and a Mopar for a season...
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 07:47 PM

Seems like the question now should be...
How long before Pro Stock is officially dead?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By Streetwize
Wasn't V a part of MadCap Racing a few years back? I thought they ran a GM and a Mopar for a season...

V Gaines owns Madcap Racing Engines as well as Lazurus Race Cars. They build a lot of engines and chassis for people. A friend of mine in Denver just took delivery of a brand new 2015 Camaro Pro Stocker from Lazurus with a flat hood smile
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 07:54 PM

It's NEVER going to be like it was in the "good old days" as many often lament. So if you are looking for a rebirth of the 60s factory wars......NOT going to happen.

Racing is about ONE thing these days..........and that's MONEY and corporate exposure. Has nothing to do with selling that car on Monday. Has to do with brand exposure
Posted By: PETE@BESTMACHINE

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 07:57 PM

V Gains owns Mad Cap Racing Engines, and they build his pro stock Dodge engines.
Posted By: shorthorse

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
It's NEVER going to be like it was in the "good old days" as many often lament. So if you are looking for a rebirth of the 60s factory wars......NOT going to happen.

Racing is about ONE thing these days..........and that's MONEY and corporate exposure. Has nothing to do with selling that car on Monday. Has to do with brand exposure

But Monte, isn't "selling that car" and "brand exposure" the same thing?

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/01/15 11:30 PM

Not really, because there is NOTHING about a pro-stocker that remotely relates to new car MODEL sales. Toyota sponsors top-fuel cars......why? It's sure not because people relate a fuel car to what they drive.

In the 60s, the "factory wars" were stockers and super stockers. Joe Blow, could go buy what he saw at the track duking it out. Same car, same motor. Pro-Stock morphed from that, but has been NOTHING related to factory cars in eons.....pretty much since they went to the 500" format.

Guys longing to see factory cars like Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers vying for supremacy in Pro-Stock, can just hang that up. Not going to happen and hasn't happened in 30 years in that class. By the time Pro-Stock adopted the 500" rule, HEMIs were long gone, muscle cars were gone, and big blocks came in tow trucks for the other brands. So it was nothing then but BRAND, had nothing to do with the actual cars. Think guys went out and bought a new 4 banger Ford EXP, because Glidden just won Pro-Stock in one with a shotgun HEMI in it
Posted By: MattW

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 12:21 AM

Not really, because there is NOTHING about a pro-stocker that remotely relates to new car MODEL sales. Toyota sponsors top-fuel cars......why? It's sure not because people relate a fuel car to what they drive.

In the 60s, the "factory wars" were stockers and super stockers. Joe Blow, could go buy what he saw at the track duking it out. Same car, same motor. Pro-Stock morphed from that, but has been NOTHING related to factory cars in eons.....pretty much since they went to the 500" format.

Guys longing to see factory cars like Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers vying for supremacy in Pro-Stock, can just hang that up. Not going to happen and hasn't happened in 30 years in that class. By the time Pro-Stock adopted the 500" rule, HEMIs were long gone, muscle cars were gone, and big blocks came in tow trucks for the other brands. So it was nothing then but BRAND, had nothing to do with the actual cars. Think guys went out and bought a new 4 banger Ford EXP, because Glidden just won Pro-Stock in one with a shotgun HEMI in it

And this is exactly why, IMO they SHOULD use factory blocks and cars.
Maybe if people raced cars that other could actually purchase it would be more interesting creating more of a following. shruggy
Matt

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 12:26 AM

IMO the PS cars should be based off current model cars and production engines. I guarantee more people would watch the class.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 01:42 AM

Stop with the see car buy car. Not going to happen. In the old days cars where everything to 80% of the young people. Today maybe 5% of the younger generation even know what an engine is and how a car works. They either have a rice burner or want "something" to take them to the mall or where ever. My wife's drivers-ed class last year with 200 kids and one boy new something about cars. None of these younger kids would think of attending a race. It's not the "cool" thing now, and really, how many kids can afford any hot car now. Heck I wanted a Hellcat and couldn't afford one. I still will watch and participate at the small tracks, divisional races, but the big events, not for me.
Posted By: plycuda

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 02:24 AM

the difference is the younger kids are into 4 cylinder turbo front wheel drive I have a few at my house a few times a month working on some thing

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 02:30 AM

Too many of you are thinking like car guys.
Joe average NHRA viewer, who NHRA caters to, doesn't care about brand loyalty.
He/she has a favorite DRIVER. doesn't matter what car they are in.
You think John Force lost his fan base because ford pulled out of racing?

If MOPAR next year was to sponsor, say, Warren Johnson, you'd all be behind him because he was in a Dodge, right?

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 04:21 AM

You can see the factory block and bodies now. It's called Super Stock and the stands are usually empty.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
You can see the factory block and bodies now. It's called Super Stock and the stands are usually empty.
Exactly...........and they already have something they call the top stock shootout or something similar. So why in the world are they going to morph what is considered a PRO class into something with factory bodies and motors. Some HERE might care and watch it........but nobody else will.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 04:47 AM

Since Pro Stock is going to EFI and flat hoods maybe AJ or his dad didn't want to go that way? work Sure would be nice to see factory cars back in Pro Stock since they already run EFI and factory hoods... luck
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By 383man
The only reason I watch any Pro Stock was because of AJ and V Gaines. But honestly I have lost all interest in all three of the Pro classes. Everything I loved about them is long gone. In fact the only racing I really like any more is Nostalgia Superstock and I guess because thats what I grew up with and still love. I like cars that I can actually tell what they are and thats pretty much the NSS cars in todays world and some bracket race cars. Ron

Amen, you are preaching to the choir!!
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 06:17 AM

Exactly...........and they already have something they call the top stock shootout or something similar. So why in the world are they going to morph what is considered a PRO class into something with factory bodies and motors. Some HERE might care and watch it........but nobody else will.

Perhaps the answer is to try and combine both. Somebody said they are drawing people with the drivers. Pro stock, in theory, has the best drivers not in a fuel car.

Make it compelling on two fronts by using something more like the SS cars and maybe, just maybe, they wont have one dying class and one with no crowd. Or just slap stickers on the windshield and back them into the pits. rolleyes im sure that will have the desired result and we wont have this same exact discussion in another couple years. pity

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 06:50 AM

Jeg an Vincent Nobile will drive Mopars for Elite next year with Enders and Skillman in the Chevies. But what do I know smile
Posted By: coletrickle

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
Originally Posted By JAKE68

So you have the number 3 guy in points in P/S which is NO small feet in itself and you're going to go after an unknown new team that hasn't proven to make power with the Mopar. Brilliant idea, I know because it's worked so well for Mopar in the past. Dale Eicke? David Nickens anyone?

Absolutely.You really have to wonder sometimes don't ya.The stories I've heard from the horses mouth make you wonder sometimes.Well for starters back when they were getting into the current stuff the first blocks were cast iron and fully skirted.you ain't getting g nothing done with crap like that..So im not surprised.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 02:09 PM

Then just have GM build the Pro Stock cars and have your Fancy drivers drive then!
I guess it's the age group in general. They are always re inventing the TV shows and to add more flare to keep the ratings going.
Soon Pro Stock = IROC twocents

Matt
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By mattsmopars

Same thing could also be said for NASCAR as well.
Matt

And the empty stands reflect that.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 03:40 PM

I think the program should be changed to hot nekkid women on turbocharged tricycles, and the organization could be renamed the National Hooters Racing Association. It would bring a whole new meaning at the racetrack for the term "floppers".

But that's just MY opinion, cuz I got NO interest in the NHRA Pro classes at all anymore.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 04:34 PM

Well at least you folks will have more time to watch us T/S guys since you're bailing on P/S.... smile

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By Eric
Well at least you folks will have more time to watch us T/S guys since you're bailing on P/S.... smile

You got that right Eric. I doesn't surprise me one bit that some of these guys gave up watching racing as MOST of them gave up participating in racing too. Oh some may hit a race or two but for the most part they are retired. Just in case here's this week TV schedule. My local tracks are closed as the Bracket Finals were cancelled due to weather. And for the guys with DVR's there is an option to extend taping PAST the expected end time so if it starts late you don't miss anything. I think I have an hour or hour and a half on ALL racing events so nothing is missed. Enjoy watching your survivor shows, moonshine, or any other favourites this weekend. I will be in the shop WORKING on race cars and watching racing if and when I get a chance.

NHRA Keystone Nationals
October 1-4
Reading, Pa.
10/04/2015 Qualifying 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM ET/3:00 AM - 4:30 AM PT (ESPN2)
10/04/2015 Qualifying 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM ET/12:00 PM - 1:30 PM PT (ESPN2)
10/04/2015 Eliminations 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM ET/5:00 PM - 8:00 PM PT (ESPN2)

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 06:28 PM

I think the program should be changed to hot nekkid women on turbocharged tricycles, and the organization could be renamed the National Hooters Racing Association. It would bring a whole new meaning at the racetrack for the term "floppers".

But that's just MY opinion, cuz I got NO interest in the NHRA Pro classes at all anymore.

You had me at hot nekkid women...

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 07:06 PM

You had me at hot nekkid women... [/quote]

I think the drifter guys have the right idea... they
get big crowds and hot babes
wave

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 07:24 PM

they
wave

I remember that...

Before 'gravity&grey'...

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 07:29 PM

they
wave

I remember that...

Before 'gravity&grey'...

Yeah... but we can still look and watch the cars...LOL
I'm not dead YET.. LOL
wave

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 07:38 PM

I would pay to see that action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached picture retire.jpg

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 09:32 PM

My brother-in-law is just like someone said earlier and thats because he loves to watch Nascar and its because he has a favorite "Driver" not a favorite car or type of car. When I first got into muscle cars I was about 12 years old and I liked certain cars which of course was I liked Mopar best even though I do like all brands. I started following drag racing around 1968 and I only wanted Ronnie Sox to win because he drove a cool Mopar ......a 68 Hemi Cuda. The same went for Arlene Vanke and Herb McCandless and so on. I wanted the Car to win as I did not care less who was driving. I am just so glad Ronnie drove Mopars since I found out he was about the best 4-speed driver of all time. But I always wanted the car to win and thats what I followed as I love them all but am brand loyal to Mopar. I guess its one reason I was never a big fan of Top Fuel or Motorcycles and thats because they all look the same which is kinda boring to me. I need to know what kind of car it is since I want certain cars to win. Its just the way I have always been. I loved muscle cars so I took auto shop in highschool because I wanted to learn everything about cars so I could build my own and I really loved the factory wars of the 60's and early 70's because I like to follow certain cars no matter who drives it. Bottom line is thats one big reason I lost interest in alot of drag racing classes today. I always liked to follow AJ in Pro Stock even though I cant tell a Chevy from a Mopar in Pro Stock today. And thats one reason I love the NSS and the FAST and Pure Stock cars today because they are the cool cars I grew up with and I can tell a Chevy from a Mopar or Ford. Dont know how many other are like me but I have and always will follow the cars I want to win and not so much the driver unless I have a friend in a certain class that I would follow.
I really hate to say it but I think Pro Stock is dying and dont think they can bring it back to a level dedicated car nuts like us will follow. Ron

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/02/15 10:34 PM

I use to race motor cycles and snow mobiles.. I still
like the PS bikes (harley)since thats what I own.. I
watch both top fuel and the funnies.. I follow the Army
team being I was in the Army.. dragster have always been
the same (per say).. either front engine or rear and in
short order they all matched up(as in they went rear engine
about the same time)... in the funnies I just follow the mopar
group... I watch Nascar also.. I follow Keselowski... being
he was mopar to the end AND he is a local boy to me.. about
10 miles away(when he grew up and his parents still live there)
but I love any kind of racing... I'm very competitive and like
watching any racing thats competitive... cant always say that
about NHRA racing when they have only 1 lane that works.. I
hate those races... and I followed AJ for a long time... I was
tuning for the wifes cousin when he was drifting.. he is still
doing it
wave

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/03/15 01:45 AM

I'll root fer Brad...

Posted By: dagohman

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/03/15 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By scottb
When your a frist round runner up race after race your sponsor are going to look else where it's business plain and simple

1 Erica Enders 2331 0 -
2 Greg Anderson 2218 -113 -
3 Allen Johnson 2195 -136 -
4 Drew Skillman
3rd in points going into Reading.
Pretty good for someone thats only a 1st round runner upper

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/30/15 01:10 AM

Vinyl wrap being put on AJ dart this afternoon...

Attached picture GoodbyeMopar.jpg
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/30/15 02:49 AM

Dayum. I knew it was coming. Still sux. I remember when you could go to a national event and NOT be able to buy a Johnson & Johnson Racing tshirt. I had to get mine "black Market". Still have one that I never wore.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/30/15 04:47 AM

Sorry to see this happen, but we all knew it was coming unless the factory started throwing money at new teams to wear the Mopar banner. And Jeggy got on the Elite band wagon, Larry Morgan abandoned Ford, Vincent Nobile bailed, Richie Stevens never showed up after all the early season hooplah.

They might as well call it Generally Mundane Pro Stock cause the only cars there will be V Gaines and the Camaros and I don't know how long V Gaines can keep this up after all he is not "The Golden Greek" Chris K.

Attached picture 5731-2 Greek Goes 200MPH @ John Force Racing.jpg

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/30/15 08:38 AM

I thought Elite got the Mopar sponsorship, or was that a joke?

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/30/15 03:10 PM

That had to be a joke...Why would Elite get involved in a Mopar engine program for one car when all the other cars in the fleet run the the GM Drag Race Engine???
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/30/15 08:31 PM

The rumor is Elite will have a couple of Mopars next year to go along with the Chevys. I've read (I read so much crap I can't remember where) that the problem with Mopar ProStocks is a lack of engine blocks (sounds familiar). They're not making more and the people who have them are not willing to let them go.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/30/15 09:29 PM

Elite also has Mark Ingersoll........

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 01:19 AM

Pretty sure Roy Johnson is ready to retire, don't know if AJ would still want to run if his Dad wasn't part of the team.

They ran without help from Mopar for years and I'm sure they could run without them if AJ wants to continue.

The fact AJ has not addressed the rumors tells a lot.

Danny

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 01:38 AM

new wrap

Attached picture allen johnson.jpg
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
new wrap

Well that does not mean they are getting out but could be just a thanks for the 20th year anniversary --- shruggy

I would hope AJ sticks to is or at least is still involved in it somehow.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 01:20 PM

This was on The Bullet..

shruggy

Attached picture NHRA Bulletin.jpg
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 01:34 PM

Three Weeks Ago Already

First, it has become more clear that Allen Johnson, and his family team, will not be back for the 2016 season. Allen is set to retire at the end of the season. The Johnson racing team, has lost it's MOPAR Sponsorship, it will be moving to...

Elite Motorsports, and Erica Enders-Stevens will be the MOPAR team's driver (according to reliable sources). This fixes the biggest problem EES and Elite, have had over the last couple of seasons. What was that? LACK OF SPONSORSHIP! If you thought this team was dangerous, up until now, all I can say is...

KATIE BAR THE DOOR!!!!

The Elite Mts team will field 4 full-time cars in 2016. Erica and Jeg Coughlin (Jegs Racing Parts as Sponsor), will pilot the teams Dodge Darts, (which are being purchased from the Allen Johnson Team). They will also campaign, 2 Chevy Camaro's for, Drew Skillman (sponsored by his Grandpa's car dealership), and Vincent Nobile (with his families company Mountainview on the car).

Elite will continue, to build engines for numerous racers in several classes of the NHRA.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 06:53 PM

Wow, the rumor mills are going full bore!!!

What could be next??

Oh Right....John Force to drive a Pro Stock Camaro in 2016 as he gets out of Funny Car racing..."I am tired of being beaten by my daughter, Courtney and need to slow down a bit"

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 08:07 PM

Why purchase the Dodges unless there is some ulterior motive? Two totally different combinations make 10 times as much R&D, unless they have factory support or enough engine customers to make it profitable. If the rumor about engine blocks is true, that makes even less sense.

I also have wonder how much Jegs will be involved, financially and time wise.

Danny

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 10:25 PM

While it has been rumored that the Johnsons will retire after this season, A.J. said that’s not the case.

“I don’t want to retire, but we need funding to keep going,” said Johnson. “Hopefully, we can put something together. We’ve already started working on our engines for next year and playing around with the fuel injection, so we’re not giving up on anything. I really hope we’ll be out here next year.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 10:25 PM

Next season the Elite team is expected to field four Pro Stock cars, two Dodges and two Chevrolets. Nobile is slated to join current Elite driver Drew Skillman in the two Camaro entries.

So EE and jeggy will be in the dodges?
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 10/31/15 10:32 PM

Is it OK if I wait 'til the Winternationals to believe what's actually gonna happen?
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By gofish
Why purchase the Dodges unless there is some ulterior motive? Two totally different combinations make 10 times as much R&D, unless they have factory support or enough engine customers to make it profitable. If the rumor about engine blocks is true, that makes even less sense.

Danny

Not if a boat load of blocks is included in the deal.

Jeggie doesn't have to worry about losing his sponsor, unlike most everyone else.
Posted By: sportfury70

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 12:31 AM

Jeggie may retire from pro stock by next season. Never know with him the last few years
Posted By: HOT IN AZ

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 02:55 AM

I don't get the thanks for the 20 years unless its to NHRA. I don't think they had MOPAR sponsorship until sometime after 2000 because when sponsorship left Wayne County in about 95 it went to Eicke then Nickens or vice versa.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 04:43 AM

AJ was with Eicke when Wayne County packed up their tent.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 02:24 PM

AJ was never with Eicke he has always been with his dad and they had there own engine program and were out running the dodge boys of the mopar team when mopar told Eicke and his Chevy motor with mopar part numbers they were done mopar step in and gave AJ did his dad some help with the mopar AJ frist start withe gas stations they own on the side of there car
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 02:29 PM

Elite dressed up as as "Dodge" ball team at Vegas yesterday. Further hints they're going to field AJ's cars next year?

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 05:33 PM

Is it OK if I wait 'til the Winternationals to believe what's actually gonna happen?

I am with you. When the dust settles and the new cars show at Pomona, we will have a better idea what is in store for 2016. With the rule changes in Pro Stock (FI, scoops, smaller or no wheelie bars, etc.) should be different at least.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 06:10 PM

For the record: Vincent Nobiles family business is trucking as in dump trucks on
Long Island and Mountain View is not his families business but are his primary sponsor a chain of tire and auto service centers in California owned by the Matos family. Good Luck to A.J. and his father no matter what their intentions are, a top notch, professional and personable team.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister

Danny

Jeggie doesn't have to worry about losing his sponsor, unlike most everyone else.

Still makes no sense unless they are getting factory backing. Adding a totally different engine program will easily add 2 million a year to their budget, mostly for R&D. I didn't think Elite gas a very large budget to start with.

Danny

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/01/15 10:59 PM

Pretty sure Elite would not be switching to Dodge unless Mopar is writing a BIG check...EE has not a permanent sponsor...

Look at it this way ...they are getting EE you got to be the most popular driver at this time. 2 time champ who any other Dodge would be chasing...

..Jeggy also a very popular driver..
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/03/15 07:22 AM

I heard summit racing wasn`t sponsoring KB racing anymore also. Is it true?
Posted By: LA360

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/03/15 09:20 AM

I doubt losing Summit will effect KB Racing, Ken Black could quite easily finance the team himself.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/03/15 02:28 PM

Elite has already been scrounging for blocks. This was part of the reason for the rift between them and McGaha a few weeks ago.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/04/15 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister

Danny

Still makes no sense unless they are getting factory backing. Adding a totally different engine program will easily add 2 million a year to their budget, mostly for R&D. I didn't think Elite gas a very large budget to start with.

Danny

Since we are all about Rumors in Pro unstock cars, and everyone keeps assuming it would be a completely new engine program to go with Dodge. Me thinks it would be more along the lines of Dodge getting a new head approved that would fit conveniently fit the chvrlet block. All they have to do is be sure the plugs still go into the valve convers. Problem solved.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/04/15 04:02 AM

I would'nt sponsor something that didnt have ANY of my parts on it either. But Chevy and Toyota do.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/04/15 03:04 PM

Pretty sure that EE's husband Ritchie Stevens was testing a (and intended as a blocker car?) Mopar sponsored Dart(possibly a Rick Jones i.e., part of Elite built AJ back-up car) for Elite earlier in the year.

Maybe they were exploring the possibility way back when and at the same time developed R&D tuning and seat time in the Dart.
Posted By: PETE@BESTMACHINE

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/04/15 05:11 PM

No blocker car needed, championship handled, Ritchie is on the entry list for Pomona. Alan Johnsons cars are from Haas. With RJ building Elites cars I am sure they will have New Darts from RJ Race Cars for next year. Elite will need engines and parts to begin a Dodge program.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/05/15 03:36 AM

Richie is driving Derek Kramer car at Pomona..

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/15/15 02:51 AM

Couple of interesting comments post over at Nhra event notes..

Roy Johnson (pictured) of J&J Racing said, "I've been spending most of my time just gathering parts, so we're a little behind. But I've been told that we have just about everything we need now, so I hope that we can have an engine together by next week, and our plans are to start testing the car with the new engine early next year."

AND

Richard Freeman’s Elite Motorsports team will be taking on the task of fielding two different engine programs for 2016 – Mopar Hemis for Erica Enders and Jeg Coughlin Jr. and big-block Chevys for Drew Skillman and Vincent Nobile – but he doesn’t foresee any major problems.

“We have an excellent platform to work with as the guys in my engine department developed a very good engine program for Jeg in 2012,” said Freeman. “The power bands of those engines were a little bit lower back then, which might make it a little bit easier for us to conform to the rev-limiter rule.

“I really don’t believe that there are that many major differences between the two styles of engines, and if there are any, my guys are smart enough to get things figured out.

“The biggest issue that we are facing is the parts situation for the Mopar engines. There’s a shortage right now that we’re having to deal with. We have some of the pieces now, but we are waiting for some more.”

Freeman expects that his first Mopar engine will be ready to go on the dyno at the end of December, and the cars will be tested right before the season-opening Circle K NHRA Winternationals.
Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/15/15 05:28 AM

former J&J crew chief mark Ingersoll already works for elite so they will be up to speed pretty quick I would think

I hope roy and aj can still be involved running something mopar - big fan of roy for sure

ooopss - sorry, didn't see slantzilla already mentioned ingersoll

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/15/15 08:12 AM

Hopefully Roy and Allen can get something together. luck
Posted By: Copper Dart

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/15/15 03:35 PM

popcorn

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/15/15 05:25 PM

It would be cool to see them build and race a SS/AH hemi car. up Ron

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/15/15 09:05 PM

While cool maybe......very impractical, from a business standpoint, which their program is. The AH program is crazy expensive for a top runner, with basically ZERO exposure. No sponsors to be had there.

On a side note, the Johnson's were supposedly going to announce a new sponsor at Pomona. That didn't happen, which is probably not a good sign

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/15/15 11:48 PM

While cool maybe......very impractical, from a business standpoint, which their program is. The AH program is crazy expensive for a top runner, with basically ZERO exposure. No sponsors to be had there.

On a side note, the Johnson's were supposedly going to announce a new sponsor at Pomona. That didn't happen, which is probably not a good sign

I agree that from a business standpoint its not practical and I understand it. But many in racing dont make out well money and business wise. Sometimes it would be cool just to do something because you like it even though it will most likely cost you money and I know many racers race cars that loose them money but they do it because they love to race a certain class or car. Heck I loose money just driving my Mopar around but I do love it. Its just that I like the SS/AH cars alot as they are door cars that love to watch. And as I said it would be cool to me but I know its not practical for them. It would be more of a sideshow hobby for them if they did it. I am curious to see how Pro Stock goes with the new rules as it could turn out to be a cool deal but I dont know how it will go. Ron
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/16/15 01:20 AM

They still have the Drag Pac Challenger that Roy got for his dad. But then there's that business angle that would make it impractical because it's a "sportsman" class, even with a big sponsor. They would be way behind in R&D as well.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/16/15 03:45 AM

Pro Stock is almost cheaper than a competitive AH car anyway. laugh2
Posted By: cmansell

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/16/15 04:04 AM

Went out the right way, best he drove all year!

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/16/15 04:24 AM

Allen’s father and engine builder, Roy, said, “I guess you can say that we’re on a bit of a mission. This could very well be our last race in Pro Stock after losing the Mopar sponsorship. Allen’s working on a deal right now that looks very good, but until you get the signature on the contract, you never know.

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/16/15 04:31 AM

Like I said EE and Jeggie in Mopars next year. Sponsorship announcements to come
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 11/16/15 04:40 AM

That is the word going around. The Summit cars will be back next year also. I think Allen finished 3rd this year.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 12/04/17 04:52 AM

Quite a read,,,,,,,,,,now shruggy
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 12/04/17 07:55 AM

AJ finished 8th. I dig Pro stock. Always have...

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 12/04/17 03:22 PM

I did here that KB racing was interested in working on the mopar hemi to see what they can do with one

Re: Mopar pulling out of Pro Stock - 12/04/17 04:52 PM

Well Deric Kramer will have KB power next year. BUt he wont be in a Mopar. They are selling everything including last years car complete...Go Pro Stock racing for $275K
© 2024 Moparts Forums