Moparts

edelbrock idle and low speed tuning

Posted By: dd340

edelbrock idle and low speed tuning - 08/01/15 05:55 PM

i have a stroker 340 that recently developed a rough idle and low speed stumble. i believe it is a fuel delivery issue after troubleshooting. part of the troubleshooting had me swap the holley avenger carb i had for an edelbrock performer carb that i used on another engine. the stumble is about the same but i found 2 things, i had a vacuum leak in the pcv system that is now fixed. this did seem to help a bit. the second issue i found was at idle the edelbrock seemed to be dripping fuel from the accelerator pump, more on one side than the other. i am pretty sure there should not be any fuel being drawn from the accelerator pump at idle. i set the floats so i am pretty certain they are accurate. also i checked fuel pressure and it is steady at just under 7 psi. i know edelbrocks like less than this so maybe that is the only issue.
one other thing that i noticed is that it seems to pop out of the exhaust when i manually downshift into second from a higher speed. i'm not sure if this indicates it is rich or lean.
any suggestions?
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: edelbrock idle and low speed tuning - 08/01/15 07:15 PM

i'd try float levels first. added fuel pressure has the "effect" of raising float levels, especially if the pressure is in the marginal zone. try dropping the levels about 1/16" below spec for a starter.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: edelbrock idle and low speed tuning - 08/01/15 07:22 PM

Try lowering the fuel pressure to 5.5 max.
© 2024 Moparts Forums