Moparts

Which piston Manufacurer?

Posted By: DusterKid

Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 01:30 AM

Is there any one manufacturer that is better than another when it comes to pistons? Currently I have stock rods and Speed Pro Hypereutectic pistons and am going to upgrade to Scat I beams and want a lighter piston to make a lighter rotating assembly. I see there's Ross, SRP, ICON (Which I guess is part of Keith Black?) and a few other makers.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 02:48 AM

It comes down to what your budget is and what each manufacturer has as a shelf piston. CP and Diamond are nice, CP are a little pricey, but the quality is exceptional. Diamond are very good also. Wiseco are good bang for buck. Mahle is another piston I would look into.
Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 03:07 AM

I'd look into the Wiseco Pro-tru line of pistons. I picked up a set for my 408 rebuild, and they look like a nice piston, forged, and weigh 40 grams less per piston thank my diamonds I took out of that motor.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 04:48 AM

wiseco, cp and you might want to take a look at race tech pistons.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 04:53 AM

There is a piston listing in the tech archives for BB Mopar engines.

I just got these Diamond pistons today. Nice looking parts!

Attached picture Diamond.JPG
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 05:29 AM

I goto to plug wiseco as they have some nice stuff. Im using there 8cc domed pistons in two motors currently and used there stuff in the 80s in my snowmobiles.

Ive used most all brands and all have small differences that can work to your advantage if you research alot.

Vs some of the stroker slipper skirt designs, I do like the Ross slugs that have the full diameter approx 1/8 wide band? all the way around to lower portion of the skirt area. as for my it cut down of piston rock.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 05:45 AM

I like these Wiseco pistons i picked up for a 408 build one of these days.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 05:53 AM

The bore on my 408 in my duster right now is worn out at .030 so I found two sets of .060 over Wiseco pistons on sale that will be going in soon instead of my my diamond flat tops

Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 06:34 AM

Maybe a pic? It worked!

I like those pistons alot.

I dont like adding to a websites pic database though.

Attached picture DSC09413.JPG
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 09:51 AM

I dropped a little coin on Diamond. The work is beautiful. I can't give a full report yet. But here is their work.

Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 03:02 PM

I like Diamond , very nice pistons and if you need something semi custom they are easy to work with to make a couple of small changes , like moving the pin to where it needs to be which could be very important because aftermarket rods are SHORTER than original mopar rods by .008.

If you are trying to get a certain head to piston clearance and you are not paying attention and all of a sudden your .035 desire turns into .055 because the deck is not where it needs to be , the rods are shorter and your crank that was turned .010/.010 lost a little stroke ...

Measure EVERYTHING first before buying the pistons ...
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Which piston Manufacurer? - 07/21/15 04:13 PM

The Wiseco Pro Trus in my 440 were 625 g each, and only cost around $500 and change. Nice pieces.
© 2024 Moparts Forums