Moparts

Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions

Posted By: meepmeep70

Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/07/15 08:51 PM

Hello, miss placed my install instructions for mechanical water temp gauge, two taps on back just for back light? Mechanical part all hooked up, wiring part I'm questioning help please?
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/07/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By meepmeep70
Hello, miss placed my install instructions for mechanical water temp gauge, two taps on back just for back light? Mechanical part all hooked up, wiring part I'm questioning help please?

I thought all water temp gauges were electric?, never seen a mechanical one.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 12:18 AM

Can't help with the wiring for the light. There should just be a single wire coming out of the light socket.I'm not sure what these 2 taps are you see.

For Challenger 1, mechanical oil temp gauge poached from Google Images.

Kevin

Attached picture TransTemp.JPG
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 02:53 AM

Don't know what taps the op is talking about. Probably the studs the bridge goes on to hold the gauge in the dash. One wire is ground, the other wire goes to the park lights.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By Twostick
Can't help with the wiring for the light. There should just be a single wire coming out of the light socket.I'm not sure what these 2 taps are you see.

Kevin

Show me a mechanical water temp gauge, can't imagine where's there room for a big probe like pictured.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 03:00 AM

Autometer has them. I have one in my water pump hsg, sb.
Posted By: shorthorse

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 03:37 AM

http://www.autometer.com/media/2650-1606.pdf

Tabs/terminals will only be on the internal LED models. If you are talking about the two threaded studs, those are for the hold-down bracket. Don't put any wires on them.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By Challenger 1

Kevin

Show me a mechanical water temp gauge, can't imagine where's there room for a big probe like pictured.

Kevin

Attached picture water_temp_mech.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 06:53 AM

If you look just to the right of my thermostat housing (pass side) you can just see where my mecanical water temp gauge goes into the pump housing. Thats part of a wire harness in front of the temp gauge port between it and the rad shroud. Ron

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By Challenger 1

Kevin

Kevin

That is the gauge I have, look at back side, two male terminals, yes the sensor fits into the water pump housing. maybe one is ground and the other switched 12v?
Posted By: Dduster

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 03:35 PM

The black and white wires are for the bulb or LED illumination for night use. Gauges are hard to see at night without being illuminated. up
Posted By: shorthorse

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 03:43 PM

Autometer make two models. One has a standard bulb that pops out of the housing. It has a black and white wire. The other is an internal LED lighted unit.

Attached picture Temp.JPG

Re: Isopropyl mechanical temp gauge instructions - 06/08/15 04:55 PM

Thank you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums