Moparts

Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend??

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 07:47 PM

Well looks like I will make the trek over there this Sunday to see some of the east coast Mopar action. At least it appears the Mopar race is on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing some of the east coast Mopars and check out a new track for me. So who if anyone here is going to be there?
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 08:09 PM

I will be there......Look for the light blue 65 Newport.

Attached picture NP3.JPG
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Well looks like I will make the trek over there this Sunday to see some of the east coast Mopar action. At least it appears the Mopar race is on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing some of the east coast Mopars and check out a new track for me. So who if anyone here is going to be there?

Don't be surprised if about 1/3 of the racers leave VERY early on Sunday. I've seen guys win a round or two and load up for the trip home. Last year at Quaker City's Mopar race we had an early morning shower and about half the racers left. 2 hours later we were racing and it was beautiful. My Son double classed in Quick 16 with his 10.50 small block Duster and he wasn't the slowest car in the class as they couldn't fill the class.

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 08:32 PM

Oh it wont surprise me. Been to many Mopar only races and most seem to be fairly lightly attended. My goal being here is to hit as many as I can the next three years.

It is less than an hour drive each way for us so not a big deal at all. If all else we get to see the country side some more.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 09:14 PM

I need to watch the weather... work If it looks like a rain deal I'm going to bail. whistling If not I'll be there with the 69 Dart.

Attached picture Dads Slots 1.jpg
Posted By: BradH

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 09:45 PM

Kwap, I forgot completely about it. Wonder what the family "thinks" I'm supposed to be doing on Sunday? work

Weather forecast looks iffy for the weekend, unfortunately. shruggy

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 09:51 PM

From my perspective the weather here ALWAYS looks iffy at best..

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 10:04 PM

Al try to come to the monster mopar at Norwalk if you get a chance. Fantastic race with lots of cars

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/14/15 10:08 PM

It is on my list. I travel back and fourth between here and the west coast as I still do crew chief duties back there. So I generally go back and spend a couple of weeks around those races. I am trying to hit what I can but we only have one car out here and I have to make sure the boss is OK with spending time waling around a racetrack. She has gotten spoiled with out motorhome and golfcart smile
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/15/15 03:58 AM

I need to hit Norwalk in the next couple years.

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/15/15 04:18 AM

We plan to do some heads up racing out here in the East Coast next year. Maybe you can tag along Jay. We want to hit a few of the NMCA deals with the little red hotrod
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/15/15 07:18 AM

pittsburghracer are you going to Hagerstown ??? how about steve118 I never see pittsburg cars down there??
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/15/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire

It is less than an hour drive each way for us so not a big deal at all. If all else we get to see the country side some more.

Less than an hour drive?? So that means the track is what.. two blocks away?
Posted By: 68dodge

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/16/15 05:20 AM

I will be there with my Scamp
Posted By: mopar_to_ya

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/16/15 05:58 AM

Al, you will enjoy yourself. Mason Dixon Mopar show is always a good show. Plenty of show cars, a nice swap meet, and lots of good people and nice cars!
But if you want to see an awsome show, and if you are here in September, mark your calendar for the Yellow Bullet Nationals at Cecil County.
Posted By: mhead

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/16/15 11:30 PM

I'll be there with my demon racing in pro class.I'm only fifteen minutes away so it's a no brainer.

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/17/15 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By HEMI472
pittsburghracer are you going to Hagerstown ??? how about steve118 I never see pittsburg cars down there??

Heck I can't even make it to my local track so far this year. I am getting sick and tired of trying to help others out and getting nothing in return. Just got the Small block in my bracket car and waiting months to get headers made for my small tire car.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/17/15 07:43 PM

Rained pretty good here all morning...now the sun is out...it figures... mad
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 01:37 AM

Am on the way home from there had a good time

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 01:40 AM

I was out there for awhile. The on and off rain kinda sent us packing. Had a good time, turnout was about what I would expect for the weather.

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 02:18 AM

True had a good time to. I bought a set gears in the swap meet. Lol
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 04:51 AM

I didn't make it Sunday. I was at the test and tune Saturday and past the fact the old C body has horrible traction issues and the guy driving it has trouble driving it (me) The 727 was giving me problems. First pass I shifted manually and on the 1/2 shift it like just went "between" gears and over reved. Got out of it and then it shifted. Tried next pass in drive and let it shift on its own. (I still left too hard } Did the same thing and blew the belts off it. Thanks to the guy in the green AMX for the tools to get the fan belt on it to limp it home. Hopefully didn't hurt anything else. Hope you all had a good time !
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 05:15 AM

Hey Al may I suggest hitting a street car shootout at Cecil County. They have them the first Saturday of every month. They run x275,ultra 275, outlaw 10.5, top sportsman, 8.50, 10.0, 11.50 index. It's a good turn out every month, last month they had 325 cars there.

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 12:20 PM

Had a great time today. Finally got my Scamp down to 11.57.

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By 68dodge
Had a great time today. Finally got my Scamp down to 11.57.
nice car clean

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 04:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Being the newbie here I am looking for any suggestions within a couple hundred miles of here. Will be heading to Ohio in June and North Carolina in July. Hope to catch something in both areas.
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 05:23 PM

Norwalk's No Box Bonzaza June 19-21 gets a huge turn out of all kinds of cars.

June 27-28 at Pittsburgh Raceway Park, all Mopars, the BGR Championship Series

http://www.bgrchampionshipseries.com/

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 05:48 PM

How was the track? My previous experiences there years ago hadn't been that good w/ traction, so I'm curious, especially since I was there in the fall w/ some friends running a Friday night Test & Tune and was surprised that people were actually hooking pretty well.

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 09:58 PM

The track was very good, My car was hooking up great.

Re: Anyone here going ot MasonDixon Mopar race this weekend?? - 05/18/15 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By 68dodge
The track was very good, My car was hooking up great.

That's encouraging. With 75-80 closing, Mason-Dixon is one of the two closest 1/4 mile tracks to me now.

Capital might be closer in miles, but isn't any faster to get to w/ traffic coming from the Virginia-side of the Beltway.
© 2024 Moparts Forums