Moparts

MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal

Posted By: DeMopuar

MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 03/23/15 08:35 AM

Anyone know if the one piece rear main seal from Fast Fish Auto Parts works well or not? I see the article in the May 2015 Mopar Collector Guide on page 14. It's supposed to work with Mopar 361, 383, 413, & 426 wedge motors as well as the 440's and of course the 426 hemi engines. The article says this one piece setup is supposed to cure the rear main seal ills, but I just want to ask those that really know if this is true or not? If this one piece rear main seal really works, then this would be great, but it would be good if anyone has any practical experience with these, good or bad.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 03/24/15 04:44 PM

Posted By: sogtx

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 12:50 AM

Hmm
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 01:00 AM

https://www.facebook.com/Fastfishautoparts/?__xts__[0]=68.ARCK5bxkvIpVcfRkoheYDure3-VrGyNehnkaeeN7aTRXv0sRE40Wk9nnj-13Vpzqgqst7yv9951LXJ0Y-62DZy6mkfAoWvG3TPufvnc_GCcZmtjHqCTzU4l1P_9aBy4moUGj3oa_gjXj6iYlLw7fpd6_LfcIxKT7U-Mki5cXKBNRPsv1cJLywQPmhoHQ1az8b5zpYJYp7-BezM2lu0K7Q5P403G1rjk5hpZBRnZIIeOk5rGwIUPuzJCIUu_dpHgQRYqMsjjktL1x5eI0WIsyCpO7rvbDgPk

https://www.fastfishautoparts.com/store/p_1204441/big-block-mopar-retainer-and-seal-package-

I had never heard of this before so . I went and look it up.. Interesting
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 01:35 AM

I bought one several years ago, but I was unable to get the seal in to my satisfaction. I was almost like the seal was too large, kind of like 6" of seal to go into a 5 3/4" hole. Still on the shelf in the shop. $60 waste in my opinion.

Brian
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 01:39 AM

there is no way I would try and stretch a rear main seal over the crankshaft flywheel, flexplate, mounting flange tsk twocents
My luck is no where good enough to be able to get away with using a seal like that work
I haven't had a rear main seal leak on a BB or gen 2 Hemi motor in a long time boogie grin
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 01:42 AM

Instructions have YOU cut the seal on a diagonal. Don't know why they don't cut before they send it to you.

Brian
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by '72CudaRacer
Instructions have YOU cut the seal on a diagonal. Don't know why they don't cut before they send it to you.

Brian

So when it leaks, it's obviously the installers fault.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 02:49 AM

Most of the engines we build now get that one piece seal. They work great when they work but some engines are so poorly machined from the factory that you have to use a rope seal. The rear main is a constant issue with Mopar big block engines. The factory never fixed that design. Ford and GM engines all got fixed over the years but Mopar never fixed it before the engine went disco.
Posted By: HDNMOPERS

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 11:19 AM

I'm running the Fast Fish retainer and seal in my 512 build. No leaks so far. Matt Hensley who did my machine work. Had never tried one. Said he liked it and wouldn't have problem using one again.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/07/21 02:47 PM

Yeah we use them with a good quality billet retainer and they work great as long as the block was properly machined. But 50 year old OEM blocks are hit and miss at best.
Posted By: sogtx

Re: MCG Article /// Fast Fish Auto Parts Rear Main Seal - 04/09/21 10:02 AM

What happened to superperformace rear main.html#Post2906211Seal post
© 2024 Moparts Forums