Moparts

Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems

Posted By: mopartuner

Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 01:15 AM

The problem I have is that if I use a 1-3/4 hose adapter on the bottom of the water pump it directs the hose right into the path of the alternator belt.I cant switch it to the drivers side on the car I am working on (power steering pump).The threads on the bottom of the pump angle the hose adapter towards the front.Has anyone else run into this?Is the best fix to use AN hose adapter and a 45 or 90 deg hose end?
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 02:18 AM

I have the same pump, but I have a motor plate & my alt is low on the drivers side. Try the stainless flex hose. You might be able to run it under ur belt.

Re: Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 03:42 AM

Found a pic if this helps.

Attached picture 8467195-image.jpg
Posted By: WheelsUp73

Re: Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 04:39 AM

Quote:

The problem I have is that if I use a 1-3/4 hose adapter on the bottom of the water pump it directs the hose right into the path of the alternator belt.I cant switch it to the drivers side on the car I am working on (power steering pump).The threads on the bottom of the pump angle the hose adapter towards the front.Has anyone else run into this?Is the best fix to use AN hose adapter and a 45 or 90 deg hose end?

Use napa radiator hose 7452,or gates # 20674 it works like a champ.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 04:53 AM

Had the same problem. I just put a longer belt on. The alternator swings up then just enough to barely clear the belt/hose interference.

Re: Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 02:45 PM

Quote:

Had the same problem. I just put a longer belt on. The alternator swings up then just enough to barely clear the belt/hose interference.

Never thought of a longer belt.I will try it thanks.

Re: Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 02:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like a wicked bend right by the pump....might work,I am going to order one,thanks

Use napa radiator hose 7452,or gates # 20674 it works like a champ.

Posted By: HR3128

Re: Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 03:35 PM

Quote:

Found a pic if this helps.

Sorry for the hijack.
But where did you get that tank?

Re: Moroso Electric Waterpump S.B problems - 03/22/15 04:00 PM

Pm sent.
© 2024 Moparts Forums