Moparts

ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN......

Posted By: Thumperdart

ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/12/15 05:35 AM

Anyone make one that fits rpm heads for the bb? Car started runnin funky so I pulled the plugs and all of the drivers side were oily and a couple on the pass also so I pulled the intake and all of the runners were wet with oil some worse than others.
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/12/15 07:24 AM

I installed a 440 source one piece on 2 engines and they sealed ok, but I thought they were to thin. Still no leaks tho

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/12/15 07:43 AM

Can it be installed with the heads on?
Posted By: MartyQ

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/12/15 01:03 PM

http://www.manciniracing.com/hubvapl2pimo.html Used this one on 440with rpm heads - worked fine and can be installed with heads on.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/12/15 08:04 PM

Quote:

http://www.manciniracing.com/hubvapl2pimo.html Used this one on 440with rpm heads - worked fine and can be installed with heads on.

I tried that pan, it leaked at the center joint. Never could get it to seal. Don't waist your money on that one.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/12/15 08:53 PM

440Source can't be installed with heads on. It has a bent lip on each side which goes under the heads and its necessary for rigidity because its so thin.

An Indy one should work. They fit under the Indy heads because they're taller at the top rail but it should fit any head that has a stock height top rail (hope you know what I'm talking about!)
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/12/15 11:15 PM

better be checking the ring seal
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/12/15 11:23 PM

Why not find some 1/8" or 3/16" aluminum plate, cut to fit the block & heads then weld it to the intake?
Posted By: 69dart

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 02:39 AM

I could never keep the 440 Source one sealed.

Went back to old school bathtub.
Posted By: QTR MILR

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 02:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I tried that pan, it leaked at the center joint. Never could get it to seal. Don't waist your money on that one.

I had the same problem.... Tried to seal it several times and gave up and went back to the stock valley pan...
Posted By: bentwheel43

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 04:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I never could get that 2 piece pan to seal.

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 04:54 AM

Quote:

better be checking the ring seal

Motor seems fine but what is not fine is building engines while drinking vodka and using the wrong sealer around the ports but we'll soon see and I went with the stock valley pan.
Posted By: Belvedere1

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 05:06 AM

Which one did you use with the vodka and which one is the "right" one? Just curious as I dealt with a similar issue recently.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 05:52 AM

my engine with b-1 heads had a sheet alum. one and i know a guy that does cast alum. so i made a template and he cast one for me .
Posted By: dragram440

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 04:09 PM

It would be nice if they made something like this for standard port heads. This one took a lot of work to make it fit correctly on my stage VI heads but now that it fit good it sure is nice.

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 05:47 PM

Quote:

Which one did you use with the vodka and which one is the "right" one? Just curious as I dealt with a similar issue recently.

I used the valley pan, stock gaskets on both sides and aviation sealant which hardens.While the manifold is off I did more porting and port alignment to make it that much better then off to Vegas.
Posted By: rebel

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 10:38 PM

made this, fits with heads on & when bolted up with some 3bond doesn't leak a bit.

Attached picture 8458953-2014-01-3119.58.21.jpg

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 11:35 PM

^^^ that's what I had .
This is what I had made in cast alum.

Attached picture 8459000-valley001.JPG

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/13/15 11:36 PM

under side

Attached picture 8459001-valley002.JPG

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/14/15 01:57 AM

Quote:

made this, fits with heads on & when bolted up with some 3bond doesn't leak a bit.

What heads are those cos I thaught very few fit rpm heads.
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/14/15 02:14 AM

Couldnt you just take the indy plate and adjust it to fit? Cut the sides down to fit and then use silicon to fill the gaps?

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/14/15 04:45 AM

Its already installed with a paper gasket between the head and pan and just the metal tray to manifold with the blue hylomar between each so we'll soon see.
Posted By: littleVAL

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/14/15 06:54 AM

hylomar that is the ticket. I got some when I did a fuel tank on an RV for the sending unit. Apparently it is gas proof. It is kind of a pet peeve to see blue silicone on an intake manifold.

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/14/15 07:23 AM

Thats the stuff right there and can't wait to drive it........
Posted By: 64Post

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/14/15 07:46 AM

Use a stock tin and mod it...

Posted By: Traven

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/14/15 03:35 PM

I have RPM heads and a Victor intake. I used 1/4" aluminum and beveled the edges where it meets the heads. A small bead of clear silicone along the edge and it isn't noticeable at all. polished it up, looks good, No leaks. I do have to trim the bottom of the intake gasket to get it to align. Any sheet metal or 2 piece I've tried ends up leaking. Had a 2 pc I made flanges and bead rolled that looked and worked good (16ga ) on the street but a couple passes at the track and it would leak. The Indy 1pc has way too much gap to seal on an RB with RPM 's, at least on mine anyways.

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/14/15 03:59 PM

Quote:

I have RPM heads and a Victor intake. I used 1/4" aluminum and beveled the edges where it meets the heads. A small bead of clear silicone along the edge and it isn't noticeable at all. polished it up, looks good, No leaks. I do have to trim the bottom of the intake gasket to get it to align. Any sheet metal or 2 piece I've tried ends up leaking. Had a 2 pc I made flanges and bead rolled that looked and worked good (16ga ) on the street but a couple passes at the track and it would leak. The Indy 1pc has way too much gap to seal on an RB with RPM 's, at least on mine anyways.

I will make one next time to fit and not leak but I am moving to Vegas soon so I will do it then.
Posted By: rebel

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/15/15 11:01 AM

Quote:

What heads are those cos I thaught very few fit rpm heads.

these are Stage 6 & no one, & i mean no one makes a valley plate for these on a B engine.

Re: ONE PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD VALLEY PAN...... - 03/15/15 07:22 PM

Now we're rockin and have to jet down a bit but the darts flyin again and the plugs are clean. Thankxxx 4 the tips.
© 2024 Moparts Forums