Moparts

SB intake spacers

Posted By: Randy..

SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 02:26 AM

Anyone have a pair of standard port spacers 3/16 thick. Bought a Strip Dominator off a member was SUPPOSED to be just cleaned up, looking to buy before I break out the tools.
Posted By: formula S

Re: SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 07:17 AM

Interesting, why do you need spacers?

Re: SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 08:16 AM

The members so called "builder" cut the $..t out of the flanges, can put a dollars worth of quartes stacked on either side. He said it just had a touch up just to square it up, would have bought a new M1 if I new I was getting a POS I was gonna have to fix with more $$.
Posted By: formula S

Re: SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 09:34 AM

It sounds like it might be for a 9.2" deck height block. I think the wiser would be to cut your losses and start over with a manifold that has never been cut
Posted By: Crizila

Re: SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 04:02 PM

Quote:

Anyone have a pair of standard port spacers 3/16 thick. Bought a Strip Dominator off a member was SUPPOSED to be just cleaned up, looking to buy before I break out the tools.

I run them. Cometic. # C5633-051. That's for a 4.040" bore, but you can get them for any bore. A little pricey, but very nice gaskets that will solve your problems. I think I may have some aluminum spacers also if you are interested.

Attached picture 8446147-valveliftmeasure.jpg
Posted By: Jerry

Re: SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 05:15 PM

I've made intake spacers in the past. they are $75.00 for a pair up to .250 thick. let me know if I can help you out.

Jerry
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 05:27 PM

Quote:

I've made intake spacers in the past. they are $75.00 for a pair up to .250 thick. let me know if I can help you out.

Jerry

Please cancel my order on the small block valve cover spacers. Race season is coming fast so I'll look for another way to deal with this issue.

Re: SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 07:46 PM

Need to get a accurate measurement then I can go from there.
Posted By: BradH

Re: SB intake spacers - 03/02/15 08:53 PM

Quote:

Jerry

For small-blocks only, or have you made 'em for BBMs, too?
© 2024 Moparts Forums