Moparts

cal-tracs and transbrakes

Posted By: mopar dave

cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/27/15 08:36 PM

anyone here using cal-tracs and launching off transbrake? I know john calvert doesn't recommend it, but i'm curious if anyone is making it work.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/27/15 09:03 PM

I think there are plenty of guys using this setup. Dustin Ward, AKA: triplethreat, has cal-tracs and a brake on his dart, and has been deadly with it.

Just thinking in my mind of how the Cal-Trac setup works, I would think it would work pretty well, because the harder you hit it, the more its gonna plant the tire. (???).
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/27/15 09:15 PM

Quote:

anyone here using cal-tracs and launching off transbrake? I know john calvert doesn't recommend it, but i'm curious if anyone is making it work.

I know S/S springs worked excellent for me with a brake, I would sure hope a more high dollar setup would
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/27/15 10:10 PM

We suggest using a adjustable rear shock, and setting the rebound side to one of the lightest settings, on our 9-way adjustable shock, we say to use between 1 and 3, one being the lightest setting.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/27/15 11:04 PM

Do you know when/if the single adj. ft.`s are coming out?
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/27/15 11:12 PM

Hey Dom, the front adjustables are on hold for now, back in R&D, John wasn't happy with the performance of the samples he had had made.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/27/15 11:17 PM

Good 2 know.................
Posted By: racerx

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 03:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I know S/S springs worked excellent for me with a brake, I would sure hope a more high dollar setup would

I ran a T/B with SS spring before going to ladder bars and the car twisted to the point that a bubby of mine thought the rear window were going to pop
Posted By: dvw

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 04:34 AM

Dizusters turbo car runs trans brake, Cal Tracks and radials. Good shocks are the key. Going to Menser valved Afco's was worth 2 tenths in 60 ft. Not to mention that it is very consistent.
Doug

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 04:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I ran a T/B with SS spring before going to ladder bars and the car twisted to the point that a bubby of mine thought the rear window were going to pop

Put a brake in my 3350 pound Duster in 2003 running 9's sold the car in 2011, still has the brake in it with new owner, is straight as an arrow, and has had hundreds of passes put on it during that time. Plenty of guys on here have seen/ know the car.
If your car was twisting up you had/ have something going on with the cage/ interconnection of the chassis/ frame connectors.

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 04:49 AM

ok, thanks and good to know its a combo that can work. john calvert told me that the cal-tracs need to be preloaded before launch. so I wired the 2 step to a micro switch on my footbrake. I may just rewired back to the transbrake and turn it up.

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 04:59 AM

Quote:

ok, thanks and good to know its a combo that can work. john calvert told me that the cal-tracs need to be preloaded before launch. so I wired the 2 step to a micro switch on my footbrake. I may just rewired back to the transbrake and turn it up.

What were you using before the caltracs?

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 05:00 AM

ss springs and footbrake. that was years ago.

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 05:05 AM

Quote:

ss springs and footbrake. that was years ago.

At the ET you are shooting for, the S/S springs you had would have worked fine, well into the 9's easily. If the car hooks, the ET difference won't amount to anything.

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 05:39 AM

Yeah I know. Too bad I figured that out after I bought the Cal tracs. I used to talk to a guy on another forum that had a duster with ss springs in the very low 9s.
Posted By: racerx

Re: cal-tracs and transbrakes - 02/28/15 05:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Put a brake in my 3350 pound Duster in 2003 running 9's sold the car in 2011, still has the brake in it with new owner, is straight as an arrow, and has had hundreds of passes put on it during that time. Plenty of guys on here have seen/ know the car.
If your car was twisting up you had/ have something going on with the cage/ interconnection of the chassis/ frame connectors.

It's been so long ago can't remember if it was cage or just a roll bar but I do remember it having a set of stock truck shocks...Lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums