Moparts

Lost another good racing Friend tonight

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 05:12 AM

I know this isn't the correct area for this but its where I hang out at. Long-time Friend and racer from the old Keystone now Pittsburgh Raceway Park passed away today. His Family bought Keystone drag strip and spent LOTS of money on new upgrades and renamed it Pittsburgh Raceway Park. Carmen Tedesco took over the food side of the business and offered excellent food for a reasonable cost. I just talked to him at the Pittsburgh World Of Wheels car show and we both couldn't wait for the tracks April 5th opening date. Godspeed Carmen, you will be missed by many.

Attached picture 8436999-carmen.jpg
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 05:14 AM

Heartfelt condolences on your loss and what sounds like a tremendous loss for many.
vaya Con Dios , Carmen

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 05:19 AM

It hard seeing good guys you raced against 40 years ago pass away and knowing you won't see him again on your weekly trips to the track. Although he stepped away from the racing side of the sport he couldn't give up the sport and was at the track sometimes 3-4 times a week.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 05:40 AM

So sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 05:40 AM

He looks like a nice guy. RIP Carmen.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 01:51 PM

Our thoughts go out to Carmens family and friends from all at BGR.We have been friends with the Tedesco family for more years than we can remember.
Posted By: j oliverio

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 02:38 PM

very sorry for your loss. New the Tedescos when they raced at Eldora.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 03:19 PM

I've been to Pittsburgh only once or twice, but I've only heard good things about the Tedesco family. My condolences. RIP
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 03:38 PM

John my thoughts are with you. Time will heal your pain. Jim

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 04:41 PM

Carmen in the old Keystone days.

Attached picture 8437277-10991236_945559552145048_1740335693034911211_n.jpg
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/22/15 05:20 PM

WOW!!!

That photo brings back a few memories.

A younger Don Ickes, & Mike Weston on the starting line, & I know that car in the other lane, too!!

I feel your pain, John, he was one of the good ones!!

I'm going to miss seeing, & heckling Carmen at the track.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/23/15 01:57 AM

I am sorry for your loss.
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/23/15 10:17 PM

It just sucks. Carmen was only 61. He was one of a kind, and the world is a lesser place now. He is the most fiercely loyal person I ever knew, and generous isn't near sufficient enough to describe him. I last saw him at the car show too, and just last week was thinking I needed to see if he wanted to grab some dinner. Rest in peace, my wartime consigliere.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/23/15 10:22 PM

Fantastic man. He and many others made me feel welcome at PRP when I made the move from NY. I always made time to talk to Carmen and eat whatever they had cooking. He will be greatly missed my more than I can count. RIP Carmen
Posted By: BuckeyeBrawler

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/24/15 08:50 PM

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Posted By: Hemi Joe

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/24/15 09:50 PM

Sorry to hear that we lost another from the racing community. May he rest in peace and prayers sent to the family !! Joe Davis -- Endangered Species Racing !!
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/25/15 12:46 AM

RIP

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/26/15 03:56 AM

Very sad visit to the funeral home tonight but he would have been proud to see the turn-out of many Friends he made over the years. Telling stories and even a laugh here and there from some of the things that happened over the years. His Family will keep the racing tradition going strong and look for his Niece Mia Tedesco who now races in high buck bracket races, super comp, super gas, and in the alcohol dragster class. I see her in a top Fuel car in the near future. God-speed Carmen.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Lost another good racing Friend tonight - 02/26/15 04:00 PM

Going to the wake this afternoon. Then up to Buffalo for another wake and funeral. We are at that age unfortunately.
© 2024 Moparts Forums