Moparts

Best mopar race and shows?

Posted By: 416challenger

Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 06:32 AM

Well San Antonio Raceway's season is up in the air this year, with the current owner filing bankruptcy. I really as not looking forward to driving 2.5 hours each way to race twice a month for points I may just sit out this year unless it is resolved. I was the thinking I might to hit some of the big mopar race and shows. What are the best ones to attend? Mopar Nats, Monster Mopar??? The closer to Texas the better, but I am open to suggestions. I will be running at the Mega Mopar Action Series at the Motorplex.
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 07:06 AM

Not sure how far you are willing to travel but Carlisle is amazing with its size alone...Best swap meet ive ever seen..
The Nats in Ohio are pretty sweet as drag racing is right there with the show and swap fields..
I hear the "Mopars at the Strip" is something to see as well..Vegas Right??
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 01:36 PM

Quote:

Not sure how far you are willing to travel but Carlisle is amazing with its size alone...Best swap meet ive ever seen..
The Nats in Ohio are pretty sweet as drag racing is right there with the show and swap fields..
I hear the "Mopars at the Strip" is something to see as well..Vegas Right??

I've only been to Carlisle and several MATS shows.
Carlisle had a nice swap meet and I enjoyed it a lot.
I guess i'm partial to MATS since I live here but Carlisle was a lot more affordable.

I want to attend the Indy Nats as well since I consider that a Mopar event also.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 01:46 PM

Last year at Carlisle we met a guy from California. Said he had been to both MATS and the Nats. And couldn't believe how much bigger and better Carlisle was. (Racing not withstanding) bigger swap meet, more cars, better organized, completely laid back atmposhere.
Posted By: vttm

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 04:00 PM

As far as the racing goes best I've ever seen is Monster Mopar if at all possible its a must attend. Supposed to be a race at South Mountain during this years Carlisle.
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 07:36 PM

The "Chrysler Classic" events used to have pretty good race attendance. I believe that was hosted by Jeff Johnson back then........

https://jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com/lonestar.php

Looks like there are TWO eventS in Fort Worth, GoodGuys, for you.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 07:55 PM

Quote:

As far as the racing goes best I've ever seen is Monster Mopar if at all possible its a must attend. Supposed to be a race at South Mountain during this years Carlisle.

South Mountain was sold last year to my friend Mike Natoli and wasn't really race ready for Carlisle,but I went anyway and made a few passes.The electronics were not done in time, so we had a Christmas tree provided by the HSDRA and flag men at the end to indicate the winner.
I will be there all day Friday this year.One of the coolest 1/8 mile tracks I know!!
They also hold the Nostalgia Nationals the same weekend as Carlisle along with the York Reunion.It's a 4 day deal for me.I dig the kickoff car show at the Dodge dealer,even though the RAIN messed it up last year.

This is Mikes car

Attached picture 8434578-1.19.13244.jpg

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 08:32 PM

I went to Mopars at the Strip around 6 years ago and really wanted to go back this year. The problem is the Mega Mopar Action Series is the same weekend and a lot closer.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 09:10 PM

Quote:

Well San Antonio Raceway's season is up in the air this year, with the current owner filing bankruptcy. I really as not looking forward to driving 2.5 hours each way to race twice a month for points I may just sit out this year unless it is resolved. I was the thinking I might to hit some of the big mopar race and shows. What are the best ones to attend? Mopar Nats, Monster Mopar??? The closer to Texas the better, but I am open to suggestions. I will be running at the Mega Mopar Action Series at the Motorplex.

If your a racer you can scratch off the Mopar Nats..
I wouldnt waste my time going back
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 09:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Why do you say that??
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/19/15 09:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why do you say that??

Because its a car show that has some racing at it..
unlike some others that are a race with a car show
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/20/15 12:53 AM

Quote:

Yep, the Nats is a car show with a race. Don't wast your time going there to race.
Posted By: BPE

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/20/15 01:54 AM

Monster Mopar Weekend has an awesome turn out and is held at one of the best tracks in the country.

Rod
Posted By: GY3

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/20/15 02:28 AM

Tulsa has a nice show/race/swap in the fall.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/20/15 02:56 AM

What P body and Dabee said : I went to the Nats once as a racer, I`ll never go again, I`ve been to a few Chrysler Classic Events ( Virginia, Pittsburgh twice, even towed all they way to Indy for one in 05) and always had a good time, I`ve been to just about every Mopar Atlantic Nats at Etown, A couple at Maple Grove in Pa as well as a few at Lebanon Valley in N.Y. a couple at Atco late in the year and all of the Mopars at the Patch at my home track Island Dragway they are all fun and good in their own way. Some day I want to go to the big one at Norwalk in Ohio. But for over all Mopar insanity nothing beats Carlisle and now that the Friday night Mopar race is back its even better. This year will be special as we already have our entries and a hotel room as I am bringing my wives 21 year old nephew with his 14 Challenger with me I`m going to show my D150 then race it Friday night and he's going to show his Challenger.

Attached picture 8435016-IMG_0270.JPG
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Best mopar race and shows? *DELETED* - 02/20/15 02:59 AM

Post deleted by 11secdart

Re: Best mopar race and shows? - 02/20/15 02:23 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. All the big events are pretty far from Texas, but still would like to make it to at least one.
© 2024 Moparts Forums