Moparts

Bowman performance build. Its a great time for Mopar's

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Bowman performance build. Its a great time for Mopar's - 01/27/15 03:26 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Whether you love small blocks or big blocks Its a GREAT time for the Mopar lovers. Long time Friend and racer Tim Bowman builds some very nice engines and the one in Gene Nagy's Stratus hits the track weekly. Either at our home track Pittsburgh Raceway Park, Monster Mopar, Top Sportsmen, or quick 16 Gene just loves making passes. Here a small breakdown of the NA engine Tim built and maintains for Gene's car.

Nagys,Bowman Performance built wedge
CID 620
4.560x4.750
Indy 600-13X heads
Indy cast tunnel ram-modified
race weight-2375#s 09 stratus
Bruno drive/lenco 3 speed
Best ET to date
4.61-150mph+
Best (4) 60' times 1.01
Best 1000' ET August/pro am in the heat 6.12/169+

Like I said above this isn't a car that hits the track 5 or 6 times a year. Its raced and hits the track for test n tune weekly. Gene LOVES tinkering with the chassis and leaves not all but most of the engine work to Tim. GREAT job guys and I'll see you both soon. Here's a pass from last years Monster Mopar at Norwalk last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGnA3H5ZEe8
Posted By: Eric

Re: Bowman performance build. Its a great time for Mopar's - 01/27/15 06:59 PM

That car hauls the mail for sure. John whats the bump usually at the Monster Mopar Q16/32 at Norwalk?
Posted By: SCDaytona

Re: Bowman performance build. Its a great time for Mopar's - 01/27/15 07:08 PM

Sweet quick ride for sure!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Bowman performance build. Its a great time for Mopar's - 01/27/15 07:25 PM

Very nice..Hopefully we can run ok with my junk

Re: Bowman performance build. Its a great time for Mopar's - 01/27/15 08:21 PM

Quote:

That car hauls the mail for sure. John whats the bump usually at the Monster Mopar Q16/32 at Norwalk?

Monster Mopar no longer has a BUMP on their old quick 32 class. Big dog is now an all run 5.70 or quicker class.

Re: Bowman performance build. Its a great time for Mopar's - 01/27/15 08:48 PM

Quote:

Very nice..Hopefully we can run ok with my junk

I'm sure yours will run great Al as all of your stuff is always fast and looks great too.
Posted By: MrMopar95

Re: Bowman performance build. Its a great time for Mopar's - 02/02/15 12:50 AM

Dad says thanks pittsburgh racer for the post on genes car. Well deserved for dads true wedge Mopar N/A engine and Genes constant tuning of the chassis to produce there best ET's and i think 4.50s are coming. Its funny to see the look on faces when the front ends off and you see them skinny valve covers. I know what Gene wants 1.00 60ft. I know Dad wants 4.50s with a 622CI Wedge N/A all it takes is hard work and ALL MOPAR!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums