Moparts

Another Thumper Carb success story

Posted By: Pink Dart

Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/21/15 10:19 AM

My friend has a Dart with a Big Block in it. It would not idle and was acting goofy.
We took the carb to Thumperdart and let him do his thing. The car idles in gear as well as nice and crisp. We tested last weekend on the street and was very pleased with the response of the carburator as well as the performance.
This is the second carb Thumperdart has done for us.
Both were very successful.
Thank You Thumperdart!!!
I advise him highly!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/21/15 04:22 PM

Thumper starting a trend
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/21/15 04:42 PM

Quote:

Thumper starting a trend

Thankxxx guys and the "trend" if you will again is not mine but the awesome people who put out info so sponges like me can learn and apply.................. There`s gonna be LOTS of these here soon.
Posted By: Mark Whitener

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/22/15 12:23 AM

The trend if you will started around 2007, when Tuner and Shrinker started sharing info. The old Innovate forum, Speed Talk, and Motorsports Village were the sites that originally showed info on idle jet location and Dominator tuneups. Lowering idle feeds, using t-slot jets effectively, and 2 circuit conversions for Dominators are the largest part of it, making the carb idle clean and transition clean make a huge difference in the drivability and most of the time improvement in overall performance.

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/22/15 01:21 AM

I started at Motorsportsvillage years ago then found Marks site and never looked back AND realized how much I didn`t know but am learning everyday and just had an HP-1000 I did purring like a kitten and snappy as all on a lightly cammed 351 windsor. Thank you Mark, and all of the guys that shared info that flat out works and we`re proving it everyday...........
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/22/15 02:57 AM

I miss the old Innovate forums. Are there any current carb forums of that quality out here now?
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/22/15 04:16 AM

Quote:

I miss the old Innovate forums. Are there any current carb forums of that quality out here now?

Absolutely. The forum Mark has set up is http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org/
If you poke around you'll find some of the info from the old Innovate Forum such as AFR Characteristics at Different Loads,
Emulsion holes and much more.

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/22/15 04:23 PM

Cool! Thanks for the link.
Posted By: BBR

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/22/15 04:53 PM

Those are the guys that helped me get a handle on my Dommy. I too started out on Motorsports Village just before it went bananas. I saved my 6464 1050 build thread info and transferred it to the new site.

GREAT site and great guys that are willing to answer my silly questions.

Double

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/23/15 06:19 PM

A lot of Tuner and Shrinker posts from the old Innovate forum can be found at the link below.

http://britishqueen.myfreeforum.org

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 01/24/15 02:59 AM

More good info. Thank you!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 02/14/15 04:19 AM

So far guys, Thumperdart is the man.

I just received my Carburetor and I can't wait to install it and run the car.
Thumper is prompt and professional and the carb sure does look different via some parts that I have never seen before.

Be patient with me as I'm a busy guys these days and may take a NY minute to install and run it for results. I'm sure it's gonna rock.
Stay tuned.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 02/14/15 05:55 PM

Lee,,,know the feeling. I have one setting on the bench too. Just waiting for room in garage to get car out of trailer to install it. Mrs. CHAPPER is going to Florida for 10 days Feb 23..... I believe I can put here Challenger outside while she is gone. That will open up 1 stall for some shuffling of projects and let me shove car out of trailer and into stall behind it. Gotta' have a plan... I am anxious to hear it run!!

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 02/14/15 06:28 PM

I too can`t wait and the carb I just did for Chuck Roberts turned out great and so far has picked it up 600+ rpm`s from before so NOW he sez I can dig into the Dale Cubic splits on the 720 big boy.......................
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 02/14/15 08:29 PM

Feel like playing hooky from my work to get the carb runnin' under Thumperz touch. But I must deliver on my promise to the client.
Will be up soon.
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 02/14/15 11:17 PM

I to must say That Dom found many problems that I had not seen but were there. The carb was worked over by a well known carb shop Im not knocking them as it was done long ago. I have just not been able to get to the strip for a comparison it looks like next sat for a test an tune. Thanks Dom

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 02/15/15 06:44 PM

Can`t wait to hear your results AND a new best..............
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 04/02/15 04:11 AM

Well I finally ran My Duster With Doms rework and I did not fail to produce. It is true as he stated to me that My carb may not pick up 2-3 tenths as do many of his carbs but we discussed at lentgth the work that it needed and the work he did. I was on the fence and was going to dump the carb and replace with a new one. But Dom stepped in offered his service and I gave it a shot and I cant complain. I still have some more tuning to do but its not all carb. My Et stayed about the same but my mph went up on my wide ban and there is a lot more there. The number one thing I can say is the carb is now very consistant and it never was before. With the help of some fine tuning and good words from Dom I have saved money have a better running car. Thanks Dom you delivered.

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 04/02/15 06:28 AM

Quote:

Well I finally ran My Duster With Doms rework and I did not fail to produce. It is true as he stated to me that My carb may not pick up 2-3 tenths as do many of his carbs but we discussed at lentgth the work that it needed and the work he did. I was on the fence and was going to dump the carb and replace with a new one. But Dom stepped in offered his service and I gave it a shot and I cant complain. I still have some more tuning to do but its not all carb. My Et stayed about the same but my mph went up on my wide ban and there is a lot more there. The number one thing I can say is the carb is now very consistant and it never was before. With the help of some fine tuning and good words from Dom I have saved money have a better running car. Thanks Dom you delivered.

Thank YOU for giving me a shot. ..........
Posted By: 1320Dart

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 04/02/15 11:34 AM

Great job Dom!!!
Posted By: skicker

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 04/02/15 02:03 PM

Sounds like I need to have a talk with Dom...
Before the next carb mod is with a 5lb. sledge...

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 04/02/15 04:08 PM

Quote:

Great job Dom!!!

Thankxxx man and hopefully you and I will see the results of OUR work together. Skicker, DON'T DO IT I threw my laptop across the yard a few weeks ago and it felt great but now I need a new laptop and am stuck with this silly touch screen thingy............

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 04/02/15 04:42 PM

I know a guy that crushed his "Pro built" Dominator in a vise...

Re: Another Thumper Carb success story - 04/02/15 05:09 PM

Quote:

I know a guy that crushed his "Pro built" Dominator in a vise...

I get it........
© 2024 Moparts Forums