Moparts

Finished the new hot rod in time for winter

Posted By: HemiDart68

Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:08 PM

My dad and i got this car as a roller a few years back. Havn't done much with it, life got in the way, both bought houses, rennovated them, i got married, but now getting back into it.

Took the rolling car, got rid of the fuel and electrical system. updated it to a 25.5 spec. added a complete drivetrain, exhaust, cooling system, etc. Car is street legal now, with all functioning lights, exhaust, plated, insured. Did the full racepak system with gauges and 02 sensors.

New motor is a 636 inch all aluminum best machine built hemi. KB block, bryant crank. Millenium heads and billet intake by MCH. Made 1062 hp, 830 lbs torque, 12 to 1, small roller cam on C-12 fuel. wanted a motor that is low RPM, and could go rounds and occasional street time.

Finishing up some small details. new radiator hoses, adding a belly pan, and some last minute touches and it should be ready to go.

Attached picture 8401423-image5.JPG

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:09 PM

pic

Attached picture 8401426-image1.JPG

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:10 PM

pics

Attached picture 8401427-image2.JPG

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:11 PM

picss

Attached picture 8401428-018.JPG

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:13 PM

next

Attached picture 8401429-023.JPG

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:16 PM

Attached picture 8401436-IMG_3022.jpg
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:16 PM

That's clean!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:17 PM

car looks great, still thinking about the blue wheels though
Posted By: onefastindy

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:20 PM

Super nice looking car!!!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:27 PM

DAMN nice car man.................
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:29 PM

Good looking ride Matt
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:36 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:37 PM

just another top quality build from Matt

welcome back
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:42 PM

Beautiful car

Nice engine build from Best - what kind of ET are you expecting it to run.

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:48 PM

Thanks, i couldn't have done it without my pops and alot of talented others that put effort in along the way.

Attached picture 8401477-gauges.jpg

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:49 PM

racepak

Attached picture 8401479-racepak.jpg

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:50 PM

switch panel by trick switch

Attached picture 8401480-panel.jpg
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:51 PM

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:52 PM

new wiring, billet relay panel, and msd grid.

Attached picture 8401482-wiring.jpg
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:53 PM

Looks awesome!! Can't wait to see what it runs.

Casey

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 06:56 PM

shifter w/ air and terminator button. please excuse the missing door panel, working on a way to add small power window motors to the doors.

Attached picture 8401491-shifter.jpg

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 07:06 PM

Thank you. As far as et's go.... the car ran in the mid 8's with the previous owner and similar horsepower. The gearing and converter are the same. most of the changes i have made to the car are for reliability and safety, not necessarily performance. My updates added probably around 150 pounds to the car, but im a little smaller than the other guy too. There is room for improvement on a few things. The carbs proved to be a bit of a limiting factor on the dyno. But im also at a point where tenths cost thousands, and for what is essentially still a bracket nostalgia car im not sure how much more im willing to commit to see every ounce of potential. as long as it drives straight and goes fast i will be happy.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 07:21 PM

Fantastic, Matt!!!! Love the Blue Rims!!
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 07:35 PM

Very nice.

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 07:52 PM

Couple of the exhaust. headers are 2-3/4 primarys into a 5 inch collector. exhaust is 5 inch oval tubing.

Attached picture 8401571-017(3).JPG

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 07:53 PM

exhaust. 5 inch oval tubing with mufflers

Attached picture 8401572-exhaust.jpg
Posted By: VPofGreen

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 08:04 PM

Very Sweet Piece!
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 08:37 PM

Super nice ride!!
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/19/15 09:58 PM

What mufflers are you using?
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/20/15 12:25 AM

It may have took awhile, but tat is one fine looking car
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/20/15 01:17 AM

Your cars are always amazing.

Got any more pics of the exterior? I don't think you'll be going very far on the street with that fuel cell lol.

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/20/15 02:12 AM

exterior,

Attached picture 8401909-DSC00006.JPG

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/20/15 02:13 AM

one more. at autorama with a dummy motor in it.

Attached picture 8401910-DSC00007.JPG

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/20/15 02:19 AM

spintech. he sells two kinds. he warned me that these would be loud. its basically just some baffeling in the oval tubing. the back half of the oval tubes is the muffler. its like a racing bullet. takes a little bit of the edge off, but doesn't quiet it very much.

Attached picture 8401913-64ext.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/20/15 05:21 AM

Awesome as usual
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/22/15 06:21 PM

Quote:

Awesome as usual

Beautiful!
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/22/15 07:00 PM

Quote:

shifter w/ air and terminator button. please excuse the missing door panel, working on a way to add small power window motors to the doors.

Absolutely a gorgeous car you have there! Congrats. Serious "street car" going on there.

My door X bars are right in the way of the window cranks so I also was trying to figure out a way to have power windows.

Looks like 66Dvert at FABO has figured it out. I would use a pair of switches mounted behind the shifter in the center of the car for mine.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=206616&highlight=power+windows

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/22/15 08:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely a gorgeous car you have there! Congrats. Serious "street car" going on there.

My door X bars are right in the way of the window cranks so I also was trying to figure out a way to have power windows.

Looks like 66Dvert at FABO has figured it out. I would use a pair of switches mounted behind the shifter in the center of the car for mine.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=206616&highlight=power+windows

Thats an interesting approach he took. i have been looking at setups the street rod guys use, not sure which way to go yet. I had trick switch put power window switches in my switch panel. Not super easy as those switches flip flop power and ground. THey were able to do it.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/22/15 09:45 PM

Very nice. Look forward to seeing it run.
Doug
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/22/15 10:01 PM

Beautiful job!
Posted By: PETE@BESTMACHINE

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/23/15 07:28 PM

Very nice Matt as always !
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/24/15 01:53 AM

Very Nice detail, and craftsmanship.
Well done!

Mark
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/24/15 02:49 AM

Quote:

Thank you. As far as et's go.... the car ran in the mid 8's with the previous owner and similar horsepower. The gearing and converter are the same. most of the changes i have made to the car are for reliability and safety, not necessarily performance. My updates added probably around 150 pounds to the car, but im a little smaller than the other guy too. There is room for improvement on a few things. The carbs proved to be a bit of a limiting factor on the dyno. But im also at a point where tenths cost thousands, and for what is essentially still a bracket nostalgia car im not sure how much more im willing to commit to see every ounce of potential. as long as it drives straight and goes fast i will be happy.

What size Quickfuels are they? And is there a reason you went with vacuum secondaries?
Posted By: upnover

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/24/15 03:06 AM

wow that is a clean car, nice job!

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/24/15 11:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What size Quickfuels are they? And is there a reason you went with vacuum secondaries?

They are not exactly quickfuels. They are custom built by Biggs for a big NSS hemi and utilizing some quick fuel parts. 1000 CFM.

The carbs came with the car, so i figured i would try them and see. I have the racepak with 02's so i should know pretty quickly if they will get the job done. On my old car i had mechanical secondary big quickfuels on a 604 hemi with fab crossram. I couldn't footbrake the car to save my life. If i left on the T-Brake with the carbs open it worked fine. If i tried to footbrake it would have a bog that i couldn't get past. I know of a couple other racers with big NSS hemis that had similiar issues. They fixed them with the Biggs carbs.

I don't think I gave up a ton of power with the carbs. If i project it on paper i think another 30 hp could be had with bigger carbs, but thats also really just guessing. Dominators won't exactly fit the NSS build. I know there are some big 4150's that are out the last few years. This is 4 year old technology carb, but its a starting point. Also I didn't have a whole lot of people to compare too on the setup. I don't know too many other millenium motors this size, just kind of figuring it out as i go. The only ones im aware of are Hemifreds and DTHEMI on here, but they use dominators if im not mistaking. Then a few more from FHO canada, and the other motor chuck did.

I was playing around in the car behind my friends shop, and the throttle response was impressive, so will just have to try and see.

thanks for the nice words everyone.

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/24/15 11:13 PM

Quote:

Very nice Matt as always !

Thanks, couldn't have done it without you guys. Come see it @ autorama.
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/27/15 01:36 PM

awesome will you be at cobo hall this year ? my girls son moved to royal oak we are going to come up and seehim and go to the show !!!

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/27/15 04:42 PM

Quote:

awesome will you be at cobo hall this year ? my girls son moved to royal oak we are going to come up and seehim and go to the show !!!

Yes sir, stop in and say hi.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/27/15 05:16 PM

You and DVW are the Masters of beautiful and potent machines. Fantastic car.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Finished the new hot rod in time for winter - 01/28/15 07:36 AM

Wow only one word comes to my mind.........AWESOME !!!! Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums