Moparts

best big block head for the money

Posted By: moparmafia

best big block head for the money - 01/15/15 03:04 AM

Trying to figure out which way to go for a 10.5 heads up class at our local track. I had a indy aluminum block but sold it and just saving money until i can find the right deal. what head would be best on a budget but still be able to make the best power for a power adder class at about 3200 lbs. The heads i am trying to decide between is the b1 original or the b1 m/c. or the 572-13 and the 600-13. I have no clue the difference in the 600-13 and the 600-13x and really didnt want to call indy. I have seen several sets of the 572, b1 original and the m/c head used already ported within my budget and i leave out the predator and pso etc because used they are still too expensive if you can even find them. I am thinking the best way is the 600-13 that uses the 4.84 bore spacing block but i need some advice from people with experience.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: best big block head for the money - 01/15/15 05:28 AM

The 68 Barracuda called Hustlin Hoosire that Mike runs has a BB and I'm pretty sure he runs the 600-13 head but not sure if it is the x head or not. I have seen him run some mid 5.30's with it NA. I guess you could call Best Machine as they are the ones that built his engine and they could at least lead you in the right direction for what you want to acheive.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: best big block head for the money - 01/15/15 06:20 AM

I would say the B1-MC will make the most power. You will have to spend money on porting.

Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: best big block head for the money - 01/15/15 04:20 PM

What kind of power adder are you going to use? Bigtime uses 572 indy heads and makes more then enough power with his procharger. Gary Robbins uses B1 orginals with nitrous and holds the record in Monster Mopar 10.5.
Posted By: moparmafia

Re: best big block head for the money - 01/15/15 07:42 PM

I was going with a nitrous setup because of the initial cost and i have some friends that are very experienced with it.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: best big block head for the money - 01/16/15 04:06 AM

B1MC or a Predator
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: best big block head for the money - 01/17/15 07:49 PM

Quote:

The 68 Barracuda called Hustlin Hoosire that Mike runs has a BB and I'm pretty sure he runs the 600-13 head but not sure if it is the x head or not. I have seen him run some mid 5.30's with it NA. I guess you could call Best Machine as they are the ones that built his engine and they could at least lead you in the right direction for what you want to acheive.

He runs the 600-13x.

I can tell you we have been faster with a b1 original 557 then with a 588 572-13 motor; both all aluminum.

I would think the b1 mc head would be faster.. Just look at al''s motor!!

Casey
© 2024 Moparts Forums