What are they?

Im running ngk LZTR5A
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 04:13 AM

Is this for a stock 5.7, 6.1, etc?

Attached picture 8394265-NGK_spark_plug.JPG
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 04:38 AM

426 with 5.7 heads. Will the msd hemi 6 be ok with iridium plugs?
Posted By: StricNine

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 04:55 AM

Those plugs shown above are stock heat range 09+ 5.7 (Eagle). The Eagle heads use a gasket type plug, the 08 and older 5.7 don't use a gasket and have a bevel that seals the plug to the head.

A 1 step colder plug for an Eagle head (copper) is LFR6C-11 (NGK).

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:02 AM

Quote:

Those plugs shown above are stock heat range 09+ 5.7 (Eagle). The Eagle heads use a gasket type plug, the 08 and older 5.7 don't use a gasket and have a bevel that seals the plug to the head.

A 1 step colder plug for an Eagle head (copper) is LFR6C-11 (NGK).

That is what prompted the question, i have had 6.1 plugs in there for over a year. What is the stock number for that plug
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:09 AM

Here is a decent rundown Ray.
http://www.highhorseperformance.com/category_s/2064.htm

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:15 AM

So because I'm a super genius, I came up with this super idea. I'll just yank the plugs out of my Apache heads and they are the same style as 6.1 plugs so only the Eagles are different

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:18 AM

Quote:

So because I'm a super genius, I came up with this super idea. I'll just yank the plugs out of my Apache heads and they are the same style as 6.1 plugs so only the Eagles are different

Hey idiot, it may be cheaper to change the springs and run the Apache head than change spark plugs

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey idiot, it may be cheaper to change the springs and run the Apache head than change spark plugs

You will have to port them first

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Your talking to yourself
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Your talking to yourself

Posted By: StricNine

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:28 AM

Just to be clear, the LFR5C-11 are stock 09+ 5.7 plugs and are the same heat range as the stock 6.1 plugs. They are not interchangeable as the 6.1 head uses a tapered seat plug and Eagle head uses a gasket type plug.

The LZTR5A are stock heat range 6.1 plugs, and 1 heat range colder 08 and older 5.7 plugs.

If a tapered seat plug is installed in an Eagle head it's probably best to keep using a tapered seat plug from that point forward. The tapered seat plug will deform the area around the "seat" of the plug in the head and will probably make sealing a gasket type plug problematic in the future.

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:29 AM

But then your Apache heat range would need tweaked anyway......

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:33 AM

Quote:

Comp will go down with the Apache head, 9.80s on 87 octane
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 05:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Your talking to yourself

Duuuhh.... LOL

Re: spark plug options for Gen3 - 01/13/15 06:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Comp will go down with the Apache head, 9.80s on 87 octane

Now your talking all crazy....
© 2024 Moparts Forums