Moparts

Edelbrock Victor SB Heads

Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 01/06/15 08:20 PM

So Edelbrock confirmed today that production begins in March. I have been told "confirmed" before, but they really, really mean it this time.

Anybody have an inside or more info?
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 01/06/15 09:59 PM

I just asked a friend of mine thats been there 25 years, he confirmed that is correct, March starts production....finally!
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 01/07/15 06:56 PM

Ok March sounds good but did Edelbrock specify what year ?
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 01/07/15 08:16 PM

Quote:

Ok March sounds good but did Edelbrock specify what year ?

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 01/14/15 07:58 PM

Got a little update on these heads. It is from the latest ERN's, but someone would need to confirm.

They are .500 raised exhaust port, W5 pattern. The .750 raised intake is correct on the web site. The intake runner volume is 215 cc, not 225 cc. Intake and exhaust ports will be fully CNC'd. They do have the W5 center water port that can be plugged or plumbed and will use LA intake bolt pattern. Valve train is stock, but does require .150 offset rocker.

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 01/15/15 07:35 PM

sounds intresting

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/14/15 04:25 PM

Maybe its the wrong year or did Edelbrock run out of unobtanium again?
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/14/15 05:14 PM

I wonder if they will have a machined rocker stand version so you can use the T@D paired rocker system, these sound like a good replacement for my Lg port commando heads.
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 12:15 AM

I asked my buddy who works there, said they are the production schedule for April 3rd, so hopefully it doesn't get postponed.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 02:11 AM

Quote:

....these sound like a good replacement for my Lg port commando heads.

That's the same thing I thought with my W5's.....

....in 2012!

I gave up, bought an R3, some W8's and started spending. In my mind there was NO WAY I'd have my car up and running before these heads finally came out. Boy was I wrong!

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 02:13 AM

Oh and I'm happy to report the Edelbrock traveling road show was at March Meet and they no longer have a display head, or even a spot for it like they had at MaTS last year.
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 04:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

....in 2012!

I gave up, bought an R3, some W8's and started spending. In my mind there was NO WAY I'd have my car up and running before these heads finally came out. Boy was I wrong!

Dude I did the same thing but with Indy 360-1 cnc heads, got tired of waiting on lies from Eddy about these "victor" heads
Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 05:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

....in 2012!

w8s I Believe is a way better choice

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 05:30 AM

looking at my bank account..... or lack thereof.... I'm not sure I agree with you!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 05:35 AM

I'm going to try to get some 9.50-9.60's out of my old Edelbrocks before I give up on them.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 05:40 AM

Quote:

looking at my bank account..... or lack thereof.... I'm not sure I agree with you!

You speak with straight tongue , Kemosabe.
I'll be giving an update on bang for the buck soon , but the W-9 deal ran significantly higher than most of the small block heads out there......in virtually every aspect.
From the cam up , the only thing that isn't unique to it is that carb.

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 05:42 AM

4150 for the WIN!

went 9.46 last weekend
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 05:48 AM

Very nice !

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 03/15/15 05:53 AM

Quote:

Very nice !

get sticky tires!!! You're gonna have fun!

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 05/14/15 07:43 PM

bump

It appears Edelbrock might get some Jeep 4.0 inline six heads out the door before these victor heads happens..
If Edelbrock just tried casting the victor heads in aluminum just like those Jeep heads instead of unobtainium they might just have a good moneymaker
fan

Or is it just that we are not talking about the correct year?
Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 05/14/15 11:54 PM

I have a few things to say We need blocks with the Edelbrock having a huge intake valve and the bore is going to have to be huge I don't see that happening with the stock block especially with the power Number two if you do you have an aftermarket blocks at the very least you're running W-2s or and Indy head Everyone else would be running a W8 or 9 I just don't see anybody giving a W 8 for this at a eddy head I'm sure it is a cheaper deal rocker arms headers and intakes etc. i'm not even sure if they fit a 48° Which I would think is 75% of the blocks out there I don't know

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/15/15 09:40 PM

Has anyone seen a set of these yet?
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/15/15 10:32 PM

I was just thinking about this deal last night and if they had been made, tested, ect.

Id pop for a set of the victors if they would just make them. But id prefer just to buy the finished castings.

Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 01:54 AM

They've been pushed back yet again...

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 02:43 AM

Im sure they wont make millions but one wonders why they wont run them when there is money to be collected to help recoup from the R@D funds already spent.

Ive been having decent luck with a import casting and for a bracket car if they continue to work I can be happy.

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 02:43 AM

I'm glad I finally grabbed a set of 360-1 Indy heads. Had them on my bench again today and the numbers are looking real good.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 03:00 AM

Please share your 360-1 news

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 03:03 AM

I just got a new untouched set of 360-1s and wanted to ask the same thing.. How good are they?

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By Porter67
I just got a new untouched set of 360-1s and wanted to ask the same thing.. How good are they?
. I hate to post numbers on this site but I will say they are 300 cfm@.500 with an indy intake bolted on. I had the intake on the flowbench 3 more times today with another 5 hours of porting to get it there. What some guys don't understand is I'm retired so I'm in my shop everyday playing. Airspeed is very fast in this head requiring lots of playing as it was pegging my airspeed gauge at 401 FPS the whole way across the short side. Still not happy with the exhaust at 220 plus but airspeed is looking good

Attached picture image.jpg

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 03:22 AM

Thanks for posting a reply, no matter the numbers they seem to be a proven head as for the track improvements shown on people who upgraded from eddy heads. The main reason I picked mine up.

My budget probably wont let me try mine till next spring.

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 05:02 AM

Nice are those RP 360-1 or std.

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Nice are those RP 360-1 or std.
. Standard but they are raised now. Lol

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 05:14 AM

I haven't poured a head in quite awhile but I may check these and make a mold for future reference. I love looking at a port in 3D

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 05:18 AM

I would love to see the final product I have a set of RP'S that I am thinking of using on a 385cid dill
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 05:31 AM

I spoke to the guys at the Edelbrock trailer at Carlisle. What I was told is that there are 2 sets of Victor SB heads at present which are cast identical to what will be production heads. Edelbrock R&D has 1 set and Hughes Engines has the other. They are currently trying to get a Max performance production Cnc Pro port done by their R&D Dept and trying to see if Hughes can design a better port. They did not know when they would go to full production.-Randy

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 08:38 AM

There are more than that...but it's no matter right now cause they are not in production yet....
Brian
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I haven't poured a head in quite awhile but I may check these and make a mold for future reference. I love looking at a port in 3D
John, I have a brand spanking new set of 360-2 230cc heads with the original design huge exhaust port. You are welcome to check them out if you want.-Randy

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 08:39 PM

They are actually taking orders now. Summit finally has them listed. Talked to Eddy and was told by the end of the month. Never heard that before....
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 09:22 PM

I talked to the product engineer at Edelbrock about three weeks ago in charge of the heads.
He stated they were already on the shelf, vendors would soon have pricing( about now was the time frame) and they will be offered fully CNC ported and assembled( different than prior offerings were going to be rolled out)
They were in the process 3 weeks ago of getting flow numbers. They SHOULD be hitting right about now.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 09:51 PM

http://proshop.summitracing.com/parts/edl-61739

1902.00 each complete

EQUIPPED WITH SPRINGS FOR USE IN HYDRAULIC ROLLER CAMSHAFT APPLICATIONS

shippped 7/31 if ordered today...I left the year off

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 09:57 PM

Hope that price is fully CNC prepped
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By B3422W5
Hope that price is fully CNC prepped

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/cylinder-heads/chrysler/victor-sb.shtml

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 10:36 PM

Doesn't look Ike they did anything other than the chambers.
Guy we talked to said they would be fully ported.
Still, Looks like tons of potential
Posted By: scottb

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 11:45 PM

You want part number 61729 solid roller spring head will ship the end of the month there only CNC the heads at s rate of about 10 sets at a time talked to the same guy Don G talked to today he said if I ordered them now threw one of there vendors you would have them by August
Posted By: scottb

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/16/15 11:47 PM

That add us 4 yrs old he said they never should have posted those pictures big mistake on their part

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/20/15 09:05 PM

Talked to Eddy and Hughes on Friday. Seems Hughes has been left a little out of the loop. Their prototype heads do not fit a Super Victor manifold and rockers were still a question. Eddy said the heads are now machined to accept the SV intake and the rockers will be BBC, .150 offset intake, stud mount. So pushrod oiled. I am supposed to have one of the first sets available (not holding my breath), but will machine a rocker stand to accept Crower stud mount stainless rockers. I like T&D and Jesel, but done with aluminum rockers. The Crower's are damn near bullet proof.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/21/15 08:11 AM

I was told Friday that the CNC version would not be available until after the first of the year.
I will be running a set of T&D's so I hope they left a mounting pad for a stand.

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/21/15 08:00 PM

Single shaft setup is how they'll sell them, but you can mill the pedestals down and use a bar/individual rockers....
TD has Steel rockers that look very nice!

https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...amp;oe=56144BA2

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/30/15 09:46 PM

Anybody got updates on the VaporWare heads? Called Eddy and you'll never guess what they said. End of next month. Been told that every month now for the last eight. Same excuse as last month, waiting machine time. Told me they were doing 409 Chevy heads now. I'm not a Chevy guy, but wasn't the 409 like a two year engine that is very scarce? I've only ever seen one in person. So the vastly popular 409 heads have priority over that limited production, hard to find SB Mopar engine that no one is using. Knew I should have bought those Chapman W8's when I had the chance.

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 07/30/15 11:00 PM

Not that edelbrock would care but ive spent my cash on a set of indy heads about two months ago and and play with the import castings.

I think the excuse mentioned above is pathetic in that a 409 based head would get run when alot have been holding out for the sb victors.

I know it wouldnt happen or do any good but a boat load of emails telling them to stick there sb victors up there azz might make them think differently in the future.

Id expect this on a small show like the ritter? blocks, but getting stroked by such a big company is bs imo.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Edelbrock Victor SB Heads - 08/01/15 10:18 AM

Bump
T&D has real nice stuff always!
Summit Racing does show them
© 2024 Moparts Forums