Moparts

SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ???

Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/28/14 07:17 PM

I am in the process of putting together an AAR Cuda build for SuperCars. Any recomendations on mufflers would be appreciated

Link- http://www.supercarraces.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1434&start=0

Attached picture 8376247-DSC00304.JPG
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/28/14 10:05 PM

Dynomax 17676

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/28/14 10:49 PM

Thanks Tom. Do you have any flo numbers on the Dynomax? I found these but have no idea on how good they flo.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-14210
Posted By: Dragula

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/28/14 11:08 PM

Hooker Aerochambers. Best sounding mufflers I have had.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/29/14 12:51 AM

That Cuda is gorgeous!

If that is a stock sounding class you may have to find something that's fairly quiet and still flows well.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/29/14 01:35 AM

They are a little on the loud side, especially when you get on it. But as far as performance, Dynomax UltraFlo's work great. I put them on my race car with a 3" TTI X-pipe and and the car actually picked up a little - at least .05, over open TTI 1 5/8" - 1 3/4" headers. Only down side was that I had to find 60+ lbs to take out of the car to compensate for the exhaust system weight to get the car back to minimum race weight.

Beautiful collection and garage!

After a quick search, I see that UltraFlos don't have a same side inlet/outlet configuration, if that's a class requirement.
Posted By: upnover

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/29/14 01:39 AM

most of the F.A.S.T class race guys run the dynomax ultra flows with pypes brand tubing. I like the sound of the hooker maximum flows personally

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/29/14 01:59 AM

These are a straight through design, basicly shaped like a U inside. The nice thing is these mufflers fit into a reproduction hanger. They are 4 inches shorter than the stock trans am muffler so you do have to make a little extension to the tip.

These mufflers won't hinder performance in this application I assure you.
Posted By: 1969gtx

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/29/14 03:21 AM

Tom did you make the tail pipe an did you used 2.5 pipe. or dose any one make 2.5 aar exaust pipes.or are you useing 2.25 pipes
thanks

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/29/14 03:35 AM

weldtechstainless

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/29/14 03:44 PM

Thanks. Dynomax it is .

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/29/14 05:36 PM

Posted By: joes68340s

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/30/14 12:34 AM

Thank you for this post and all the replies as I am also building a stock looking AAR with stroker and I was looking for the muffler that works.

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/30/14 06:41 PM

Quote:

Thank you for this post and all the replies as I am also building a stock looking AAR with stroker and I was looking for the muffler that works.

The complete build will be featured on SuperCars- http://www.supercarraces.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=5

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/30/14 09:49 PM

Is Super Car racing a different version of FAST racing or a competitor. I always get worked up about this as there is nothing like it out here on the West coast, which surprises me as there are so many cars and people with money out here.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/31/14 01:51 AM

Wish they made those mufflers in a 3".

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 12/31/14 04:48 AM

Quote:

Is Super Car racing a different version of FAST racing or a competitor. I always get worked up about this as there is nothing like it out here on the West coast, which surprises me as there are so many cars and people with money out here.

SuperCars is similar to the original intent of F.A.S.T. A good amount of the current F.A.S.T. cars are close if not ready to go SuperCar Racing.

To be exact, SuperCars is grounded to the original intent of F.A.S.T. racing. 100% stock appearing thru out the cars, interior, undercariage, trunk and engine bay. Cars in SuperCars run from 10.50's to 15's. We tech the cars very heavily once they reach 11.99.

Dave Dudek, Tom Cannon, Ken Viet, Scott McKenzie and many others have run both classes thru out the years.

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 01/28/15 09:58 PM

Quote:

weldtechstainless

I went to order a complete system today and they are out of the exhaust system business.

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 01/29/15 03:11 AM

That Sucks... The tips were artwork

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 01/29/15 03:31 AM

Ralphsrapid in the photo you posted of the full exhaust what brand was that. Whos mufflers were those they didn't look like a standard Dynamax they almost look like an Ultraflow from the rear.

Re: SuperCar AAR Cuda build. Mufflers ??? - 01/29/15 04:27 AM

I am not sure who mufflers. Tom I'm bummed. I was looing forward to that exhaust. Now I am going to have to talk Billy into build us a better one.
© 2024 Moparts Forums