Moparts

Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop

Posted By: hemiviper588

Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/09/14 09:19 PM

I am looking for a hood scoop like this one pictured...it was originally designed by a Chrysler stylist I have been told...would like to find one for my project. Thanks in advance!

Attached picture 8356589-RedLightBandit-front.jpg
Posted By: bentwheel43

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/09/14 10:26 PM

I put one on mine it is a 7". It cost $29 in 1976 I been having from then. It seemed to slow mine down. I had the 340 scoop with a 511" 850 holley but I will put a 1050 it may need that. It bows up alittle even with the hood pin in the middle if that don't work iam going to cut holes in the back.

Attached picture 8356650-482689_2873923784907_710736514_n.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/09/14 10:35 PM

Quote:

I put one on mine it is a 7".

Its not the same thing.. notice the tapper of the base
at the front
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/10/14 02:13 AM

Quote:

I am looking for a hood scoop like this one pictured...it was originally designed by a Chrysler stylist I have been told...would like to find one for my project. Thanks in advance!

Would like one myself.
Posted By: webemopes

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/10/14 02:36 AM

used to be called unlimited now called racingfiberglass.com it was called a mopar prostock scoop back in the day. doesn`t look exactly like the one on the bandit but when installed on different hoods it will look differently.i had one on a 68 barracuda back about1975 or so

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/10/14 02:46 AM

Here is another pic...unlimited products used to list one, it's no longer on their site.

Attached picture 8356890-f8b9fba766a7f80b70738b0ea5bfb605.jpg

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/10/14 02:47 AM

Landy ran one too...

Attached picture 8356892-71challenger-01.jpg

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/10/14 03:14 AM

Quote:

Here is another pic...unlimited products used to list one, it's no longer on their site.

Bill.. you might want to call them.. see if they still
have the mold.. if need be you might send them a
pic to make sure its the right one

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/10/14 04:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bill.. you might want to call them.. see if they still
have the mold.. if need be you might send them a
pic to make sure its the right one

Thanks Mike...I will give that a try.
Posted By: blue_stocker

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/10/14 04:47 AM

Try this place as they still have them listed... www.scottrodscustom.com/hoodscoops.html, Then try E6103, I think that's what you're looking for.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/11/14 06:00 AM

Quote:

Try this place as they still have them listed... www.scottrodscustom.com/hoodscoops.html, Then try E6103, I think that's what you're looking for.

That looks more like what Bentwheel has on the Duster above. Doesn't have the taper at the leading lower portion like the ones shown on Bagshaw & Landy's cars in the pics.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/11/14 06:31 AM

This:

Attached picture 8358225-E6103.jpg

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/11/14 06:32 AM

is different than this (which we will be using on the black Charger):

Attached picture 8358227-pr1.jpg
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/11/14 06:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That looks more like what Bentwheel has on the Duster above. Doesn't have the taper at the leading lower portion like the ones shown on Bagshaw & Landy's cars in the pics.

The Duster scoop has a square base and straight character lines. The E6103 has the same rounded sides and tapered character lines and is probably the right scoop.

Attached picture 8358228-Duster.jpg

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/11/14 06:36 AM

Treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/11/14 06:54 AM

Quote:

Treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

YUP - Look at the time on your second and my post.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/11/14 06:59 AM

Found one, vintage!
http://www.forevervintagerentals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/6-12-13-rpiper_0055-web.jpg
Posted By: therocks

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/12/14 07:58 PM

I have that on my 65.Bought it in like 71 and at the time it was pricey.My buddy ran the speed shop and still was like $100.Mine we had to cut the front hole out as it was solid.It is super thick glass.Rocky
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop *DELETED* - 12/12/14 08:26 PM

Post deleted by jake4cars

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/12/14 10:46 PM

Check with Unlimited. I think the web address is www.up22.com and I would check that before calling.
Posted By: MartyQ

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/12/14 11:01 PM

maybe ??http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-Pro-Stock-Hood-Scoop-Mini-/191352776910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8d83a8ce&vxp=mtr#ht_1449wt_867 found this on ebay- searched hood scoop fiberglass prostock. says made when orderd maybe they could hook you up ??
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 08:26 AM

Quote:

I make one that looks very similar to the one in the drawing/ sketch. My measurements are 8"high in front---6.5" high in back---19.5 width at front bottom----18" width at rear bottom---35" length at bottom. It also has a 1" flange al the way around. It is a new mold for us and is very straight. Back in the early 70's they were actually making these scoops out of plastic and they had a problem with taking on new and interesting shapes. Of course, mine are all hand laid fiberglass.

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 09:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I make one that looks very similar to the one in the drawing/ sketch. My measurements are 8"high in front---6.5" high in back---19.5 width at front bottom----18" width at rear bottom---35" length at bottom. It also has a 1" flange al the way around. It is a new mold for us and is very straight. Back in the early 70's they were actually making these scoops out of plastic and they had a problem with taking on new and interesting shapes. Of course, mine are all hand laid fiberglass.

That sounds like a good deal to me. How much and how long would it take to make? I have an unlimited products on order and paid for however I wouldn't mind doing a hood scoop shoot out. You will be graded on quality, price and delivery date expectations.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 06:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That sounds like a good deal to me. How much and how long would it take to make? I have an unlimited products on order and paid for however I wouldn't mind doing a hood scoop shoot out. You will be graded on quality, price and delivery date expectations.

While you`re in the mood, let me do your carb for a "Shootout"..............

I might be interested in one of these also.............PICS!

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 06:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dom.. for all the advertizing your doing(basically
on every post you hit) why dont you give up a few
bucks and advertize on the board here... get a web
site made up so you can give prices and other things
that you might do
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 06:29 PM

Check on the attached, the "PR8" has the taoered/narrowed front but it may be smaller overall.

http://www.up22.com/scoopw3.htm#PR-12

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 06:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dom.. for all the advertizing your doing(basically
on every post you hit) why dont you give up a few
bucks and advertize on the board here... get a web
site made up so you can give prices and other things
that you might do

Will look into that if/when things step up.

Just checked it out. I need to design a banner so I`ll get on that and maybe early next year I`ll step up. I knew this was comin but not THIS fast.................Thankxxx Mike........

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 06:41 PM

Will look into that if/when things step up.

You might look into the web site thing first.. if
the carb work continues then the web site would really
help out.... JMO... but now days most people look
on line basically the first thing
EDIT
Sorry Bill... back to your post... but I believe
that one that was shown is what your looking for

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 06:44 PM

I agree...........A friend of mine is an artist/designer so I`ll come up w/a good logo etc. and go from there............
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 08:01 PM

I like how Landy turned his into a snorkel scoop.

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 08:04 PM

Quote:

I like how Landy turned his into a snorkel scoop.

I'm sure he did that to put the inlet out into clean air

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 08:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll be sure to get pics up when my Unlimited scoop shows up. I imagine it will be at least three weeks.

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/13/14 08:12 PM

Cool.........I drive over to pick mine up................

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/14/14 03:40 AM

Quote:

I would probably walk over if I were you to decrease my carbon foot print. While you are there don't forget to pay the sales tax. How much is CA sales tax anyway? to ya lol

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/14/14 03:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I would probably walk over if I were you to decrease my carbon foot print. While you are there don't forget to pay the sales tax. How much is CA sales tax anyway? to ya lol

I could walk..............Sales tax? Who knows who cares.............

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/14/14 03:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I could walk..............Sales tax? Who knows who cares.............

Oregon = 0% sales tax

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 12/14/14 04:05 AM

Nice..............

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 01/04/15 09:15 AM

I was looking for some other stuff and came across this on ebay:

Pro Stock Scoop Mold

Who would have thought?
Posted By: ww63

Re: Vintage Pro Stock Hood Scoop - 01/04/15 05:41 PM

When I owned the Landy Challenger pictured it still had the complete scoop intact. I sold the car to Eric Linberg who sold and restored it for Todd Werner. One of those two should still have it as they opted to restore it as a 1971 Fred E
© 2024 Moparts Forums