Moparts

Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi

Posted By: STEFF

Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 07:33 PM

It's been awhile since I've posted any updates with my Road Runner, so here goes.......Been having a blast with it!! But not without issue. Had some carb issues...Had some trans & converter issues....Had some oil pan issues..... Decided to switch to Drag Radials from ET Streets....While working thru those issues, I've been driving it all over on the street and been to the track as well, especially over the last 3 months, I've been out a fair bit testing and tuning, trying different things each time out and learning a bunch and seeing improvement. Best performance to date was from yesterday....6.34 @ 107.2. 1.33 60ft. on a 315 drag radial.

Here are a few videos from yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlzJOLLxPW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHfPbvq4xu4
Posted By: Fast Yeti

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 07:45 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 08:02 PM

That is just awesome. how much does it weigh?
Just curious if that is an original 6 pack car? My buddy had one that had never seen the street. Drag car from day one and it looked just like yours. Solid Black
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 08:16 PM

that car is killer. you did a great job with it. its got to be a blast to drive on the street. btw, check your pm on the YB.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 08:26 PM

NICE...............!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 08:26 PM

Quote:

It's been awhile since I've posted any updates with my Road Runner, so here goes.......Been having a blast with it!! But not without issue. Had some carb issues...Had some trans & converter issues....Had some oil pan issues..... Decided to switch to Drag Radials from ET Streets....While working thru those issues, I've been driving it all over on the street and been to the track as well, especially over the last 3 months, I've been out a fair bit testing and tuning, trying different things each time out and learning a bunch and seeing improvement. Best performance to date was from yesterday....6.34 @ 107.2. 1.33 60ft. on a 315 drag radial.

my god! if I can get my car to leave like that. my 60 is 1.5 and 6.40.

that looked awesome
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 08:32 PM

Damn Steff, wait until its dialed! Thing is gonna need bars....
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 09:02 PM

Fantastic! The 1/8th mile ET versus the mph shows there looks to be a lot of down track performance still waiting to be uncovered. An 1/8th mile 6.34 ET equals about 111 mph on my Computech.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 09:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

my god! if I can get my car to leave like that. my 60 is 1.5 and 6.40.

that looked awesome

Hopefully soon................. You may need more gear though but maybe not. Get that puppy yet?
Posted By: 383man

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 10:26 PM

Wow that leaves really strong. I would love to know what your Runner weighs and and some info about your build and hp #'s if you know. Very nice. Ron
Posted By: onig

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 10:27 PM

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 10:47 PM

VERY nice Steff... glad to see your starting to have
some fun with it
Posted By: Moparmal

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 11:23 PM

Cant complain about the chassis set up - she really digs in!
Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 11:36 PM

Car leaves nice, reminds me of my 70rr. Great job! Love to see these G3 hemi's in older mopars! Would love to hear about chassis setup, what front end you running? Ladder bar or leaf car?

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/01/14 11:45 PM

Steff -- Care to give a basic run down on your build again?

I aware of the Pulley mods thread you did - but cant find any details on the basic motor set up - ie heads, block, rotating assembly, cam and induction...
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 12:51 AM

That's a bad bird
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 01:49 AM

Awesome STEFF!
Posted By: mshred

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 03:04 AM

Damn it leaves HARD! I would be having a lot of fun too if my car looked and ran that good
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 03:56 AM

Car looks great, Steff!!....that's around 10.0's @ 132 in the 1/4...

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 04:04 AM

Thanx Guys! The car weighs 3450 with me in it. Car has Chassisworks 36" Ladder Bars, Ford 9" with 4.57 gears, Single Adjustable Varishocks on rear, Wilwoods all around, I built my own tubular front end with rack, still using 6 cyl. torsion bars, Afco Single Adjustable Shocks in front, Turbo 400 trans with Griner Brake, UCC 8" Converter, hits at 5500, best 60' was setting the launch rpm at 5000 rpms, MT 315 Drag Radials on a 12" rim, set at 18 psi, Quick recap on motor, motor is 400", 11.6:1, Ported 6.1 heads with 2.10 & 1.65 valves, Stock Rockers, Custom rocker stands, Cam is from LSM, 244/250 .650 lift on a 112, in at 107, Muscle Motors Intake, Custom Cam Belt Drive I designed, Custom Oil Pan with Petersen Single Stage belt driven pump, Pro Systems 1100 Dominator. 18 months ago, when I finished the motor, I dyno'd it and it made 784/650. BUT, after running it all summer, I no longer believe in the number, as the best ET I got doesn't reflect it. I've tuned on the motor for best ET & MPH and I don't think it has anymore in it. I'm pulling the motor out shortly, to take a peak into it and make a couple small changes. Also, I want to see how the cam belt drive I designed has held up, so I can make any necessary tweaks before I start making them to sell. And so far, it has performed flawlessly!!

All of my testing has been 1/8 mile since the closest track is 1/8 mile. I may try to get out one more time at a 1/4 mile track, if I can find one open, the weekend after next.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 04:54 AM

Nice! The car leaves great. Love it! Wait till you dial it in...

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 05:16 AM

107 ICL hey?

Says it all about the OTS cr@p most of us settle for with 112 and 114 install lines....

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 05:55 AM

Quote:

107 ICL hey?

Says it all about the OTS [Email]cr@p[/Email] most of us settle for with 112 and 114 install lines....

On that note, Steff, with your belt drive, can you easily move the ICL to 112 and run the car to see what might happen?

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/02/14 06:16 AM

107 @ 3,450 is still 660hp out of 400"...
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 12:49 AM

Glad to see you getting her dialed in. Glad to see the radials hookin and bookin for ya.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 01:24 AM

Quote:

Thanx Guys! The car weighs 3450 with me in it. Car has Chassisworks 36" Ladder Bars, Ford 9" with 4.57 gears, Single Adjustable Varishocks on rear, Wilwoods all around, I built my own tubular front end with rack, still using 6 cyl. torsion bars, Afco Single Adjustable Shocks in front, Turbo 400 trans with Griner Brake, UCC 8" Converter, hits at 5500, best 60' was setting the launch rpm at 5000 rpms, MT 315 Drag Radials on a 12" rim, set at 18 psi, Quick recap on motor, motor is 400", 11.6:1, Ported 6.1 heads with 2.10 & 1.65 valves, Stock Rockers, Custom rocker stands, Cam is from LSM, 244/250 .650 lift on a 112, in at 107, Muscle Motors Intake, Custom Cam Belt Drive I designed, Custom Oil Pan with Petersen Single Stage belt driven pump, Pro Systems 1100 Dominator. 18 months ago, when I finished the motor, I dyno'd it and it made 784/650. BUT, after running it all summer, I no longer believe in the number, as the best ET I got doesn't reflect it. I've tuned on the motor for best ET & MPH and I don't think it has anymore in it. I'm pulling the motor out shortly, to take a peak into it and make a couple small changes. Also, I want to see how the cam belt drive I designed has held up, so I can make any necessary tweaks before I start making them to sell. And so far, it has performed flawlessly!!

All of my testing has been 1/8 mile since the closest track is 1/8 mile. I may try to get out one more time at a 1/4 mile track, if I can find one open, the weekend after next.

Your 1/8 mile is 10:02 on Wallace calculator. Not to shabby for a limited engine. You done a very good job with all the small stuff.
I thank you for the info that you have shared.
Matt
Posted By: Uhcoog1

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 01:41 AM

Love it! Glad she's running well
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 03:14 AM

Quote:

107 ICL hey?

Says it all about the OTS [Email]cr@p[/Email] most of us settle for with 112 and 114 install lines....

I have a 106* LSA in at 106* ICL 238/242 @ .050"
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 03:29 AM

Quote:

Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 03:45 AM

Nice runs
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 04:19 AM

Looks and sounds awesome Steff. Love the launch!

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 04:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

107 ICL hey?

And Im thinking you would almost certainly be getting better low and mid range torque than if you bought one of the off the shelf cams available and just put it in straight up.
Posted By: biff426

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 05:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

107 ICL hey?

And Im thinking you would almost certainly be getting better low and mid range torque than if you bought one of the off the shelf cams available and just put it in straight up.

I did a Bullet .583 .583 234 238 @.050 on a 110 in at 106 and am going to use a modman with 2 500 eddies I put a loose 10 inch converter in it with 4.10 gears once I get it going I will report

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 05:22 AM

Hey Steff, just curious because I know basically nothing about those motors....What are the advantages to building one of those versus a big block?? Is it cheaper??

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 05:45 AM

Quote:

Hey Steff, just curious because I know basically nothing about those motors....What are the advantages to building one of those versus a big block?? Is it cheaper??

Hey Wayne, Big Block power in a lighter, smaller package? I dunno, I just love these motors and I'll never build anything else. Stock blocks holding up to good power....stock heads, cnc ported flowing 360+ cfm. Cost wise, good parts cost what they do regardless of platform. To me, it's build what makes you happy. These make me happy.

Thanx Guys!
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 06:28 AM

steff great job, saw the facebook video and the car is awesome. guess your front end Is up to the task with street miles and coming down after the launch.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 11:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

107 ICL hey?

I did a Bullet .583 .583 234 238 @.050 on a 110 in at 106 and am going to use a modman with 2 500 eddies I put a loose 10 inch converter in it with 4.10 gears once I get it going I will report

I think we'd all be interested in that Biff...or should be...
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 04:56 PM

Congrats Steff, love the car!

Mike Gray
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 06:54 PM

Awesome. I really wasn't expecting wheels up like that!
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 07:22 PM

Very nice Steff!

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 09:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Wayne, Big Block power in a lighter, smaller package? I dunno, I just love these motors and I'll never build anything else. Stock blocks holding up to good power....stock heads, cnc ported flowing 360+ cfm. Cost wise, good parts cost what they do regardless of platform. To me, it's build what makes you happy. These make me happy.

Thanx Guys!

Cool...How much power will that block safely handle? How many cubes can you get out of one? Are you running a stock oil pan? Can you buy headers and mounts that fit your car? 727 with adapter??

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 10:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanx Guys!

Cool...How much power will that block safely handle? How many cubes can you get out of one? Are you running a stock oil pan? Can you buy headers and mounts that fit your car? 727 with adapter??

your asking the wrong guy. Steff made almost everything. But to answer your question, you can buy almost everything you need to do a swap. 727/904 bolts right up just need a flexplate. Blocks are good past 1000
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/03/14 11:49 PM

Looks good Steff. First chance I have had to look at video. Looks too loose in the front to me. I know you said you were putting a better shock on the front. I believe that will help it

Monte
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/04/14 12:31 AM

I saw a filled stock 6.1 block in Tim Barth's challenger make just shy of 1700whp. And that was before an after market head casting, was still on stock rockers and lifters. Impressive stuff no doubt

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/04/14 01:31 AM

Quote:

Hey Wayne, I made my headers and oil pan as I love making stuff, but like Gut mentioned, there's plenty of stuff available to put one in darn near anything. As for max cubes, I know a few companies make a 4.25 stroke crank and the largest bore in a stock block is in a 6.4 block...4.095. Mines at 4.100. I think the MP 6.1 Aluminum Block can go to 4.188 bore. A 727 or 904 Small BLock trans bolts right up. I'm using a Turbo 400 with a JW Ultrabell.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/04/14 01:37 AM

Quote:

Looks good Steff. First chance I have had to look at video. Looks too loose in the front to me. I know you said you were putting a better shock on the front. I believe that will help it

Monte

Thanx Monte! If I make it out again this year, I'm going to tighten up the extension on the shock and sneak up on it, to where it effects the 60'. And yes, I'm going to get some new DA front shocks. I notice the front end bounces on the landing and I cannot adjust the compression as my Afco's are single adjustable.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/04/14 02:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It is projects like this that me consider building a gen 3 at some point. Looks and runs great. 70 Runners are the meanest looking cars in black.

Thanx Guys!

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/04/14 03:33 AM

Thanks, Steff and Ray...

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/12/14 07:21 PM

Heading out tomorrow for the last time of the year. Going to Darlington Dragway. Made a rear gear change from 4.57 to 4.86. May retard the cam timing a few degrees, to see what it does.

Also, Darlington is a 1/4 mile track, where all my previous testing was on an 1/8 mile track.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/12/14 07:33 PM

Quote:

Heading out tomorrow for the last time of the year. Going to Darlington Dragway. Made a rear gear change from 4.57 to 4.86. May retard the cam timing a few degrees, to see what it does.

Also, Darlington is a 1/4 mile track, where all my previous testing was on an 1/8 mile track.

Good luck Steff... get some good runs in
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/12/14 08:50 PM

Ought to be some really good air tomorrow.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/12/14 09:05 PM

Good luck Steff!

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 02:45 AM

Managed to get one good pass out of 5 attempts today. Track prep at Darlington blows! First attempt blew the tires off. Loosened up the shocks 2 clicks and took 500 out of the t-brake launch. Worked for that pass. Ran 9.90 @ 133.3, 1.31 60ft. After that something changed. Tried a couple more times with few different shock settings and launch rpms and couldn't get it to repeat. I don't care. I got what I needed, which was where it traps in the 1/4, and to see if it liked the change from 4.57 to 4.86 gear. I think it did. The weather today was darn near identical to when I went out 2 weeks ago. I'll post video later.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 03:08 AM

Quote:

Managed to get one good pass out of 5 attempts today. Track prep at Darlington blows! First attempt blew the tires off. Loosened up the shocks 2 clicks and took 500 out of the t-brake launch. Worked for that pass. Ran 9.90 @ 133.3, 1.31 60ft. After that something changed. Tried a couple more times with few different shock settings and launch rpms and couldn't get it to repeat. I don't care. I got what I needed, which was where it traps in the 1/4, and to see if it liked the change from 4.57 to 4.86 gear. I think it did. The weather today was darn near identical to when I went out 2 weeks ago. I'll post video later.

Your one good pass got me tortured all the way home. Great meeting you today

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 04:11 PM

Ray,
It was great to meet you and hang out for the afternoon. My Son got a kick out of your Buddies. They like to have alot of fun at your expense....LOL!!

Here's the video from yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCLSt5e12mQ
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 05:25 PM

Love how that thing leaves Steff.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 05:59 PM

Steff, congrats on putting together a great ride I wish I had your fabricating talents. The performance is great, and I am betting there is more in it, based on comparing the 9.90 ET to the mph. The computec predicts a mph of 137.63 for a 9.90. I don't know how much a full sized B body effects mph, but I doubt it is 4+ mph?
Agsin,
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 06:15 PM

wow very nice Steff, makes me want a gen3

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 06:24 PM

Quote:

Steff, congrats on putting together a great ride I wish I had your fabricating talents. The performance is great, and I am betting there is more in it, based on comparing the 9.90 ET to the mph. The computec predicts a mph of 137.63 for a 9.90. I don't know how much a full sized B body effects mph, but I doubt it is 4+ mph?
Agsin,

Thanx Greg! I really appreciate the compliment. I was talking to HardcoreB yesterday. He said the same thing. I'm not sure where it's hiding.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 07:26 PM

Quote:

Good work! What was your 1/8 mile on that pass compared to previous. Man that's a lot of gear, cool that the motor likes it

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 07:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Agsin,

Thanx Greg! I really appreciate the compliment. I was talking to HardcoreB yesterday. He said the same thing. I'm not sure where it's hiding.

I was running the numbers on both our cars last night and i both cars showing a better et to mph. I really dont know what to make of it since our cars are set up so differently also

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/14/14 07:49 PM

Quote:

Good work! What was your 1/8 mile on that pass compared to previous. Man that's a lot of gear, cool that the motor likes it

1/8 mile was 6.24 @ 107.9

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 04:28 AM

The Computec predicts a mph of 113.17 for a 6.24 1/8th mile ET. It also says 718 hp on that pass for the 1/8th mile, as compared to 702 hp to run 9.90 in the 1/4. The equivalent 1/4 ET for a 6.24 is a 9.83. But consider this- if it is laying down so much before the 1/8th mph traps, the ET at both the 1/8th and 1/4 are off more than a bit. That makes it look like the car is laying down for some reason somewhere in the 1/8th mile, probably around 330 or so? Steff, what did the car run to the 330? If you like, I have a program to input some numbers and see what a car going in the 330 may do further own track.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 04:54 AM

Greg,
330' ET was 3.98
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 08:43 AM

Its showing a ton of torque up front and down on HP up top. That could be converter as well. I had a spragless converter that was fairly tight that went 5.97 at 111-112. Changed converters and went 5.97 at 114-115. 60 ft and 330 obviously changed significantly.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 02:30 PM

Quote:

Its showing a ton of torque up front and down on HP up top. That could be converter as well. I had a spragless converter that was fairly tight that went 5.97 at 111-112. Changed converters and went 5.97 at 114-115. 60 ft and 330 obviously changed significantly.

I see you picked up MPH with the same ET, so is there a benefit to that?
Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 03:00 PM

I see you picked up MPH with the same ET, so is there a benefit to that?

I feel there is at the finish line. My old car had real good MPH for the et it ran and often it let me drive around at the stripe. Guy in other lane dont think your going to get there and sometimes will lift and you slip right by!
Posted By: ultimatelenny

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 03:18 PM

Cars looks and runs awesome Steff.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 04:25 PM

Quote:

Greg,
330' ET was 3.98

I plugged in as best I could on Desktop dragstrip some numbers and what relates to a 3.98 330 ft mark is-
1.41 60 ft
6.18 1/8th at 112 mph
9.78 1/4 at 134 mph
these numbers were generated using a moderate shift point of about 6800. There appears to be a solid tenth hiding somewhere, and maybe more. That would make sense based on reasonably accurate dyno numbers you got.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 05:23 PM

The way I see it is, I'll keep tuning & tweaking this thing and what it does, it does, and I'm not really going to worry about the ET to MPH number alignments. I've got this thing launching & running pretty good so far and if I find more improvement, it's icing on the cake.

I am taking the motor down to take a peek at everything & see how its all wearing & I was thinking about making some changes to the motor over the off season, but I'm not sure now. I may just leave well enough alone.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 05:25 PM

Quote:

Cars looks and runs awesome Steff.

Thanx Lenny!!! Love the converter!!!
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 05:33 PM

personally I wouldn't touch it. that thing is a monster! congrats!
Posted By: deaks

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/15/14 06:46 PM

a 1.31 60FT is amazing for a 9.90 car.
Mick

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 04:13 PM

Congrats Steff...and yes, Darlington's prep does suck. I'm guessing there weren't many cars out there on Saturday? If not, he will not put any effort into it. Then again, it doesn't work much better when there is a crowd either, lol.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 05:20 PM

Quote:

Congrats Steff...and yes, Darlington's prep does suck. I'm guessing there weren't many cars out there on Saturday? If not, he will not put any effort into it. Then again, it doesn't work much better when there is a crowd either, lol.

I`m confused about how a 1.31 relates to crappy prep cos I need some of that plus of course your sea level alt. Must be nice..........

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 05:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I`m confused about how a 1.31 relates to crappy prep cos I need some of that plus of course your sea level alt. Must be nice..........

You might be able to go a 1.31 once all day, which is what I believe happened to Steff.. VERY hit or miss...w/ mostly misses.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 05:38 PM

Seen that before more than twice...............

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 05:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You might be able to go a 1.31 once all day, which is what I believe happened to Steff.. VERY hit or miss...w/ mostly misses.

its good to be slow, I made it down the track every time

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 05:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ray, your car isn't slow by a long shot, it just leaves really soft. Steff's car leaves hard, as does mine. Combine that w/ radials and you need decent prep to make it work.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 06:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ray, your car isn't slow by a long shot, it just leaves really soft. Steff's car leaves hard, as does mine. Combine that w/ radials and you need decent prep to make it work.

Based on gear and vert alone, these are two different cars on the starting line. We talked about how fast Ray would be if he REALLY stepped up to a more "race" set up and I`d bet 9.70`s.........applet to oranges imo.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 06:57 PM

9.88 @ 133.6 to a 9.90 @ 133.3...from two different combos, seems like a good match-up...both are solid running rides
Posted By: deaks

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 07:08 PM

I had similar results at my last meeting of the year,the previous event i ran between 1.40 and 1,43 all weekend, bear in ming my best ever 60ft is 1.39.
The last event, i wheelspun every run but one, best 60ft 1.47, the one time it hooked it ran 1.36. "Go figure " ?
Mick

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 07:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had 5 friends with me, after they saw Steff's car they all said they were with his car and made fun of my car the rest of the day (big daddy Dupree) leading the onslaught of ball busting for the next 5 hours

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 10:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had 5 friends with me, after they saw Steff's car they all said they were with his car and made fun of my car the rest of the day (big daddy Dupree) leading the onslaught of ball busting for the next 5 hours

LOL, I can imagine. You should have made Tyler get in the trunk...you'd have a wheelstanding problem then.

Gear and converter would wake yours up...or just spray it like you planned.

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 11:36 PM

Thanx Chip!! And yes, you are spot on with Darlington prep Saturday. My first pass, I went to the line with my last setup from Shadyside ( I LOVE that track!!), 5000 on the brake and shocks at 8 clicks from soft, same 18lbs air pressure in the drag radials. Spun hard......Get back to the pits, go 2 clicks softer on the shock and 4500 on the brake and perfect pass! Go up there for the third......spin. Change launch rpm again, Go up for 4th....still spun. Something changed and that was it. I was done!! There were some street cars and a few other drag cars, but that was it.

And yes, I told Ray he needs some gear in that car and it will fly! Our combos are very different, weight, engine size, gear, converter etc....

And, Ray's Buddies were hilarious and merciless!! LOL!!

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/16/14 11:45 PM

Wish I could have made it out there to see yall run. I was running around Florence doing Christmas shopping on Saturday. Next year we'll have to meet up at the track again. I have to get some shocks for the cuda and then I'll be ready to take it back out.

710 dragway is probably where I'll be going a lot. They've redone the entire track and made it a real nice place now. It'll be a little further tow for you though and it's 1/8 mile.
http://710dragway.com/

Re: Fun Summer with my Road Runner and Gen 3 Hemi - 12/17/14 02:05 AM

Quote:

Wish I could have made it out there to see yall run. I was running around Florence doing Christmas shopping on Saturday. Next year we'll have to meet up at the track again. I have to get some shocks for the cuda and then I'll be ready to take it back out.

710 dragway is probably where I'll be going a lot. They've redone the entire track and made it a real nice place now. It'll be a little further tow for you though and it's 1/8 mile.
http://710dragway.com/

Hey Chip, I follow 710 on Facebook. Looks like a nice track. I've really taken a liking to 1/8 mile. Seems like all the bad stuff happens in the second 1/8 mile anyways....LOL! For sure, we need to get together again at a track and tear it up!
© 2024 Moparts Forums