Moparts

Any Mopartsmembers build headers?

Posted By: Streetwize

Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/14/14 11:51 PM

Just wondering....need a set of W2 shorties made or actually see if a set of TTI's can be cut and fitted to a W2 flange.

Attached picture 8331237-image.jpg
Posted By: dirtybee

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:12 AM

i think Mr. P-Body does.

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:22 AM

Got it covered, Stephen Daurity is awesomely talented and he's gonna do them!
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:29 AM

Quote:

Got it covered, Stephen Daurity is awesomely talented and he's gonna do them!

seen him on face book his shop is allways filled with differant cars trucks jeeps
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:40 AM

another skill I wish I had....

REF Headers in Kingman AZ. You call Gregg up, he sets a date, you drop the car off at 6-7am.... he calls you when it's done that day.... two guys, small shop, no hoist, incredible quality.

Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:41 AM

Thanks guys. Streetwize has been an awesome customer over the years. I would enjoy everyday owning a business if all customers were as good as him.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:43 AM

Quote:

another skill I wish I had....

REF Headers in Kingman AZ. You call Gregg up, he sets a date, you drop the car off at 6-7am.... he calls you when it's done that day.... two guys, small shop, no hoist, incredible quality.

Thats awesome to do in 1 day. his phone must not ring as much as mine. LOL Thats prob 3 days for me.
Posted By: BPE

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:44 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys. Streetwize has been an awesome customer over the years. I would enjoy everyday owning a business if all customers were as good as him.

Rod

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:48 AM

The Dude (Stephen, that is!) and his Dad Mike are simply awesome....there's nothing more to say. They're the kind of people that make you proud of being part of this Mopar 'thing' we all share.

I was trying to find an off the shelf header that would work... but after 2 weeks of digging....everything is a compromise, TTI has the wrong flange and the spitfires are too small and have a funky 4-2-1 non 180 pairing arrangement.

Stephen's got my little 66 valiant getting ready to drop the 440" small block W2 in there. He's fitting it up for a stronger rear axle now, it's gonna be a nice little sleeper when it's all done.

The motor is over at Hollis's about ready to fire off and the 904/UCC 9 1/2" converter is sitting on my garage floor.

I need to get Stephen and Hollis together sometime soon, I'm thinking Mopars at the Rock next April could be a nice little tailgate party, with the 66 being the tailgate, lol

Attached picture 8331304-image.jpg

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 12:51 AM

I honestly don't know how he does it... heard about him when I moved out here, and saw dozens of cars from all over the west coast with his craft installed. Guy that did my chassis work in Phoenix even used to haul cars to him..... Friend of mine from SoDak moved to Flagstaff about a year ago. Had both his stock eliminator cars done two days in a row. Even with my W8 build in my Duster I can remove these headers in probably 20 minutes. again.....I wish I had HALF of these skills. Anybody that builds headers.....
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 01:40 AM

Jay, Brother InLaw was having cars done in the early 90's by Greg. Drop the car off at 8:00 AM go to Laughlin and gamble. Drive back @ 1:00 PM and pick your car up.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 01:45 AM

Greg and headers go WAY WAY WAY back...Nice to have a service where you can drop your junk off in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon. Be nice if there was something in Kingman to do to pass the time though.

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 01:47 AM

I'm getting stoked about how cool this is gonna be, it's even got me thinking about selling the Rocky

I'm looking forward to having a cool old car that's not such a collectable that I worry about where I park it. I love the Rocky but I'd like to have something my buddy's and family and I can all ride in

Attached picture 8331378-image.jpg

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 02:02 AM

Over the top cool Wise!

.... you mean you didn't take my advise and go people watch at the public library in Kingman Al?
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 02:25 AM

Good to see you found someone Bobby. I could have done them for you as well.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 05:14 PM

If you don't mind me asking, whats a set of custom headers cost nowadays?
BB A body non fenderwell, racecar, say 2" to 2 1/8".
Thanks, Don

Attached picture 8331940-wheelsup5-1-11.jpg
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/15/14 05:49 PM

I have built a few sets

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/16/14 05:26 PM

FastmOp,

That's really impressive!

Really stoked about a 440" Stroker smallblock in an early A body, wagon...the W2 heads are a throwback to my very early days of messing with Mopars in the late 70's and early 80's, but they have been a real PITA because Nothing just falls together on one.... valvetrain, pushrods (especially with a roller), but somehow I feel like It'll all be worth it.

Should be a cool little toy with decent handling and 4 wheel disc brakes all around.
Posted By: RT540

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/16/14 07:26 PM

Here´s the set I built for the Coronet. I have now made some adjustments to make them fit the F-bird chassi.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/16/14 07:41 PM

built many sets

Attached picture 8332945-photo_4.jpg

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/16/14 07:43 PM

Attached picture 8332946-IMG_2089.jpg

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/16/14 07:45 PM

Attached picture 8332947-IMG_0284.jpg

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/16/14 11:37 PM

Very nice Tony..... another artist

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/17/14 12:13 AM

Quote:

Very nice Tony..... another artist

thx.
Posted By: gch

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/19/14 03:50 AM

Awesome work guys.I could screw up a set of legos.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Any Mopartsmembers build headers? - 11/19/14 07:44 PM

Quote:

Awesome work guys.I could screw up a set of legos.

Headers are not that bad to make,just takes time,Legos is something else they can put fear into any grown man due to them being the ultimate platform for terror,pain and agony,Lego looks so inocent but can hurt you real quick.

But i do agre some awsome work in this thread!
© 2024 Moparts Forums